What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gettin ready to do a much needed pwc on my tanks (46g bf, 20g tall, 29g, and 10g)! This is gonna take a minute lol

PWC on a few more tanks, rewound Java moss on a floating moss ball which died a few months ago. Added some Dwarf Vals and a little sword to the Betta tank. Moved red Rams horns to one tank and Blues to another! Fun, Fun, Fun!

50% water change on my 29 gallon and 10 gallon tanks made room for a 55 gallon that I will be getting as soon as I find the right one

aaronjohn20 said:
Gettin ready to do a much needed pwc on my tanks (46g bf, 20g tall, 29g, and 10g)! This is gonna take a minute lol

Total time, only about an hr. 50% pwc on 46g bf, 80% on the 20g, 50% on the 10g, and 60% on the 29g

Ended up working through the night to rescape everything and switch substrate to sand which was a longer job than i expected (had to leave fish in tank during switch), added new cannister filter and peat balls to keep ph around 6.5, trimmed back plants, dosed with ferts and then cleaned up all the mess I'd made in the process!!!!!! wasn't fun at 5am!!!!!!!!!!
Should look nice once the water clears though. :fish2:
fish 027.jpg

fish 025.jpg

fish 028.jpg

fish 029.jpg

Looks very nice! can't wait to see it clear!!!

Ended up working through the night to rescape everything and switch substrate to sand which was a longer job than i expected (had to leave fish in tank during switch), added new cannister filter and peat balls to keep ph around 6.5, trimmed back plants, dosed with ferts and then cleaned up all the mess I'd made in the process!!!!!! wasn't fun at 5am!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 140744

View attachment 140745

Bought and put together new stand for a 55 gallon tank I plan to buy next week.

Attachments

• image-1889801655.jpg
    image-1889801655.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 84
Well it was more like last night than today but I switched my substrate from sand to ecocomplete, hopefully my plants do well this this stuff..kinda expensive also in the process I added a couple of more juli cories, two yoyo loaches, and one hard to find mts and my new pride n joy a pearl gourami.
Tank:
http://i.imgur.com/1TGVC.jpg
Pearl gourami:
http://i.imgur.com/kdkdc.jpg

Pearl Gourami mine is one of my favorite fish. This one has such a sweet demeanor though I did have a Hellion Killer Pearl Gourami, which I pretty much sorry to use the word, hated...he had to go.

Added a peppermint shrimp to my tank. Its my first livestock :)
Next will be my first coral - hammer or torch coral
Just need to setup my ATO with Kalkwasser.

img_2259401_0_3640821c844bf39c59a00abfce1ac5b5.jpg

img_2259401_1_f5c79a1f717f3a6f88f4f00350ae9a2c.jpg

I bought a piece of slate for my bolivians to spawn on. Hopefully that will help them be more successful. With my luck they won't even spawn on it though... I also got six otos. What fun little guys! I'm really liking them. I'm hoping they will all make it since I hear they often die in the first month or so. They seem to have acclimated well though and are busy eating algae.

I bought a piece of slate for my bolivians to spawn on. Hopefully that will help them be more successful. With my luck they won't even spawn on it though... I also got six otos. What fun little guys! I'm really liking them. I'm hoping they will all make it since I hear they often die in the first month or so. They seem to have acclimated well though and are busy eating algae.

I luv my otos n havent had a problem with them.. i had rescued them from a tank that had 6 really really dead tiger barbs n it the girl just thre the otos n to clean up her tank ddnt notice the barbs were dead. I actually found them n took the otos home with me after they were n that nasty tank water for a few hours.. so good luck

Curious to know what plants and fish you have

Made a Java Moss screen/background

I finally made one, been meaning to do this for soooo many months!!!

Then I found i didn't have the right spot for it, a little large, the plant leaves are in the way now, its been so long, lol, but shoved it in a different tank anyway!

Sewed the moss onto a plastic craft needlepoint panel with fishing line. Rinsed it and then stuffed it in the back of the tank. Used the black plastic mesh. I have 6" circles which I need to make, originally got the circles to put in the back of my 6.6 Edge for my shrimp.

Check that one off the list with only minutes to spare :ROFLMAO:

I finally made one, been meaning to do this for soooo many months!!!

Then I found i didn't have the right spot for it, a little large, the plant leaves are in the way now, its been so long, lol, but shoved it in a different tank anyway!

Sewed the moss onto a plastic craft needlepoint panel with fishing line. Rinsed it and then stuffed it in the back of the tank. Used the black plastic mesh. I have 6" circles which I need to make, originally got the circles to put in the back of my 6.6 Edge for my shrimp.

Check that one off the list with only minutes to spare :ROFLMAO:

Sounds awesome! Pictures? :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Curious to know what plants and fish you have

Plants are amazon swords and java ferns.
8 angelfish
4 clown loaches
1 gbr (lost my female just after Christmas :( )
1 common plec
6 cory sterbai
3 albino cory's
also acquired along with the tank which are looking to be rehomed
2 red tail black sharks
2 bala sharks
2 rainbow fish
2 mollies
3 black neons

Back
Top Bottom