What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I added 2 astria snails, 1 fighting conch and a nice piece of Orange Dendrophyllia. Then sat back and enjoyed it all! Boy does my reef relax me.

ForumRunner_20130203_183118.jpg

Swapped my filters from one tank to another and so on. Did a light gravel cleaning / WC and fed Em. All around 1am lol.

I introduced the biggest guppy I have ever seen (~2.25") to my community tank.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130203_193243.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130203_193243.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 75
  • ForumRunner_20130203_193302.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130203_193302.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 86
Just got done setting up a 55 for a male asian upside down cat that used to share a tank with Tilly, till Tilly attacked it back in july. Rocks, pool filter sand, his hide a cave will be going on the left side. Not to keen on the bare look, or the brightness of it:( Im going on the premise ill change it into the rest of my tanks, a darker tannin look. But seeing as its in the dining room its really up to the wife:( Still need to add a trashbag to back of tank (im cheap when it comes to backgrounds).
img_2322440_0_14d18729f87a056d6e86b910b05b1de1.jpg

Just got done setting up a 55 for a male asian upside down cat that used to share a tank with Tilly, till Tilly attacked it back in july. Rocks, pool filter sand, his hide a cave will be going on the left side. Not to keen on the bare look, or the brightness of it:( Im going on the premise ill change it into the rest of my tanks, a darker tannin look. But seeing as its in the dining room its really up to the wife:( Still need to add a trashbag to back of tank (im cheap when it comes to backgrounds).

I'm liking it so far. Maybe add some driftwood to get tannins in the water, and you could paint the back black. I painted my 10 gallon black and it looks amazing. Wish I would have painted my 55 black before I set it all up! Also, you could get floating plants to help with the brightness.

Looks good! I like where you're wanting to go with it!

Ps, I almost always use construction paper for my backgrounds. Lol.

Omg I love giant upside down cats!!! I got the fun part of raising them- fry until they outgrew a 50g- then my mom would take them to her ponds and river systems- my whole family is aqua crazy. She has her stock now so no more fun times with baby GB/u/d cats for me- miss the feeding antics of juveniles in aquariums, lol... Enjoy your monster fish, thanks for sharing!!

TOO much going on! lol

My neighbor who I gave two Betta fish to a couple years ago got into a bad auto accident and was recuperating away from home said his sister was taking care of the fish and plants. After two weeks he came by to pick up mail and we found his three tanks 2 betta one snails in catastrophic conditions.

The sister got two vacation feeders 3 INCHES in diameter, one for each Betta tank, these are 1.5 and 2 gal tanks!

One Betta perished. :nono: The other is now doing fair at my house till neighbor comes home in a couple weeks but has a little swim bladder, so I have been feeding him a pea a day and he seems more active and a tiny bit better since Saturday afternoon. Did a 60% pwc for him today (after a complete clean out Saturday), added water to a few tanks.

Found 3 Hydra in one of my Betta tanks and I just last week let someone borrow my medicine so I have to get that back, only had Planaria, not Hydra yet til now!

Was checking on my 6.6 Edge tank and realized my filter had stopped. I pulled it apart and cleaned it. It is working now. The power company came by Saturday and changed to a new updated meter head and I think the temporary power outage may have been why it stopped/didn't start back up, in addition to the impeller needing a cleaning.

pwc on two little tanks.

Going to repack my fluval FX5 to see if I can get it to run again, pretty sure I just over packed the media, as it was going gangbusters before that.
Then I am going to work! lol :blink: Work is such an inconvenience to the fish keeping!

Work is definitely one of those horrible inconveniences, lol.... But it gets worse once you retire- nothing better to do lol.

40% clean on my elephant nose tank and algae scrub. Live blood worm for his tea tonight.

Did my fourth 35-45% pwc on my gf's tank to finally get her ammo back onto the charts. The first test was off the charts before the 5 minute wait was even up:-(

I added 2 astria snails, 1 fighting conch and a nice piece of Orange Dendrophyllia. Then sat back and enjoyed it all! Boy does my reef relax me.

Stunning! I wish I had the guts for a large sw setup. But my fw tanks do relax me. I watch them at night for about 45 minutes.

I really like the rock quarry look. I may go in this direction with my next tank. I have a 55 with just about everything that my uncle said I can have. I just need to find a stand.

TOO much going on! lol

My neighbor who I gave two Betta fish to a couple years ago got into a bad auto accident and was recuperating away from home said his sister was taking care of the fish and plants. After two weeks he came by to pick up mail and we found his three tanks 2 betta one snails in catastrophic conditions.

The sister got two vacation feeders 3 INCHES in diameter, one for each Betta tank, these are 1.5 and 2 gal tanks!

One Betta perished. :nono: The other is now doing fair at my house till neighbor comes home in a couple weeks but has a little swim bladder, so I have been feeding him a pea a day and he seems more active and a tiny bit better since Saturday afternoon. Did a 60% pwc for him, added water to a few tanks.

Found 3 Hydra in one of my Betta tanks and I just last week let someone borrow my medicine so I have to get that back, only had Planaria, not Hydra yet til now!

Was checking on my 6.6 Edge tank and realized my filter had stopped. I pulled it apart and cleaned it. It is working now. The power company came by Saturday and changed to a new updated meter head and I think the temporary power outage may have been why it stopped/didn't start back up, in addition to the impeller needing a cleaning.

pwc on two little tanks.

Going to repack my fluval FX5 to see if I can get it to run again, pretty sure I just over packed the media, as it was going gangbusters before that.
Then I am going to work! lol :blink: Work is such an inconvenience to the fish keeping!

We have to financially support our addiction somehow right?;)

Back
Top Bottom