What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tetra1990 sometimes they molt when getting to new environment, and then hide for few days, hope they are just hiding!

Added a few fish to the 72G trying to take a couple decent pics for my 72G adventure thread, but so far the fish aren't really cooperating! Going for another try.

Did some tests today, does anyone else have a constant reading of 0. for nitrates? My planted 20 gallon has no reading for nitrate what so ever.

Did some tests today, does anyone else have a constant reading of 0. for nitrates? My planted 20 gallon has no reading for nitrate what so ever.

Mine always reads that 2.. i think its just bc my fish arent full grown but i could b wrong.. i thought it was my api kit but i checked dates on it plus i just got it a few months ago.. i decided to experiment n see so i didnt do a pwc n only toppe off the water level weekly n tested water it took a month to get a change in nitrates n ammonia which i normally do pwc every week

Done a 50% water change on my wife's planted tank. Nitrates were at 40 omg I've never seen it over 20 and do pwc every week.
Doesn't look like the plants are doing good and water gets cloudy by the end of every day

Separated Blue and Red Cherry Shrimp. Brought home a big bag of Blue Cherry Shrimp, there were a few others mixed in too, tried to separate the blue.

Very excited to get additional Blues from another source than my original ones to widen the gene pool!!! There were some nice darker blues and quite a few berried females so I am hoping the transfer goes well and I don't have any losses!!! Really happy with the new colors!!!!!!!!! :dance:

I will try for a few pics tomorrow when then they get their color back and calm down. :love:

Separated Blue and Red Cherry Shrimp. Brought home a big bag of Blue Cherry Shrimp, there were a few others mixed in too, tried to separate the blue.

Very excited to get additional Blues from another source than my original ones to widen the gene pool!!! There were some nice darker blues and quite a few berried females so I am hoping the transfer goes well and I don't have any losses!!! Really happy with the new colors!!!!!!!!! :dance:

I will try for a few pics tomorrow when then they get their color back and calm down. :love:

Can't wait to see

Pulled out lots of baby MTS I'm getting ready to sell, have tons of itty bitty rams horn babies, and many more eggs, still waiting for berried shrimp, most (almost all) were adolescent so I'm giving them a while, trimmed down my floating tiger lotus leaves, and set up a delivery ward for my molly.

I spent about an hour building a stand for a 10 gallon. Needed to finish it off with a couple of screws to tighten the top,so I put it on top of a stool to reach it easily without bending over. Got to that last screw and the stand slid off the stool. it fell corner first....cracking it in that area pretty good :( I almost cried...but it's still intact and very sturdy for what it will be doing.

I ordered a the 15pk of cichlid stones (i know they r cheaper if u make them but im so not a diy person i dont have the time or patiences) , 3 battery oerated air pumps for when there is power outages , hikari bio gold mini pellets, a backup 3 n 1 powerhead (i might add it to my tank not sure yet as i have one in it now) nee fake plants .. checked into gettin more synos n more ottos (different tanks) fed my lil guys/gals n i think thats it

Puff puff has been added to my bc29, perfect fit for a little while- will post album pics of him swimming around. So far between shrimp larvae, copepods and astrea snails he has yet to care about anyone else in the tank- but I know him- he's gonna kill my shrimp soon, I just have a feeling...
Floating some ludwiga cuttings because they are spreading like wisteria, going to try to barter for pink rotella or purple camboba.

Drove around town gathering ideas for my 25 gal tank build getting ready to move the guppys to there own tank. 5 gal water change on 75 and 40 gal. Stared at my betta as he stared at me o.0

Just stopped at home depot and bought 4 - orange 5 gallon buckets and lids and a lid remover thingy.
sitting at aquatic critter waiting for them to open at 10. I live an hour from this place. Gonna buy 20 gallons of ro water for $0.75 a gallon

Just stopped at home depot and bought 4 - orange 5 gallon buckets and lids and a lid remover thingy.
sitting at aquatic critter waiting for them to open at 10. I live an hour from this place. Gonna buy 20 gallons of ro water for $0.75 a gallon

You will be much happier doing it this way in the long run.

Our grocery store has RO water (also health food store) maybe yours does too, if its closer.

bought 3 coral frags for $50
Duncan
Candy cane
Frogspawn

Everything is closed up as of now

Attachments

• IMG_0363.JPG
    IMG_0363.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 107