What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi actually did all this yesterday:lol: A 120 litre water change on my six footer plus cleaned the external filter for the first time. I also added six Columbian tetra's and a small plec. I also added some new plants thanks to my brother in law,and can you believe they have grown nearly 2cms in one day:eek: Also done a 90 litre water change on my other tank:)

I just change the substrate on a "new to me" 75g. I used black diamond sand blasting sand. 100 lbs for 18 bucks!!

Still abit cloudy but you get the idea.
67720-albums11716-picture51978.jpg

I will have to look into that! I was planning to do soil with a sand cap but hasn't decided on sand yet, was leaning towards pool filter or play sand, but this could definitely work!

I just change the substrate on a "new to me" 75g. I used black diamond sand blasting sand. 100 lbs for 18 bucks!!

Still abit cloudy but you get the idea.
67720-albums11716-picture51978.jpg

Lookin good! Is the sand sharp at all, isn't it coal slag ground up into sand particles? I am going to be picking up Garnet sand from a sandblasting supply company when I have time to go 1 hour each way in a direction I don't usually go very often!

pwc on three Betta tanks and topped off the rest.

Does anyone else here have problems with their Hornwort melting? Sometimes it seems great then there is a melt down. idnk why... AAArrrgh!

Shopping for necessities for my new Orange Eye Blue Tiger's arrival in a couple days!!! Scared and excited all at the same time.

Today I tested my water( all good) and gave my fish some bloodworms as a treat. Then stared at my tank for about 45 minutes, watching my new clown loach "get rude" with my Oto cats and act the clown.

Well ill b buyin another tank n dippin into my vacation money to rehome some fish before they get older in start causing some major problems .. thought i had a great free spare in the shed that was a 60g once i took a closer look i notice the center brace is broken .. i spent my night checkin craigslist n some other local places n nothing. Looks like ill b spendin more then i wanted on another setup... hubby wasnt really pleased this will put 3 tanks in our small living room so im not even gonna setup my 10g in the bedroom anymore :(

Bummer

Well ill b buyin another tank n dippin into my vacation money to rehome some fish before they get older in start causing some major problems .. thought i had a great free spare in the shed that was a 60g once i took a closer look i notice the center brace is broken .. i spent my night checkin craigslist n some other local places n nothing. Looks like ill b spendin more then i wanted on another setup... hubby wasnt really pleased this will put 3 tanks in our small living room so im not even gonna setup my 10g in the bedroom anymore :(

:(

Maybe you will find something even better than you thought possible, I did with my 72G. I thought I would be upgrading with a 46G bowfront and for the same $ I got a 72G like new! And after I had been frustrated for several months since every single one of the tanks I found and called on had already been sold.

:(

Maybe you will find something even better than you thought possible, I did with my 72G. I thought I would be upgrading with a 46G bowfront and for the same $ I got a 72G like new! And after I had been frustrated for several months since every single one of the tanks I found and called on had already been sold.

I did..lol got lucky n posted on a fb garage sale site thats local n had woman msg me about a 100g with stand n everything included except fish for ::drumroll :: $200 which is alil cheaper then the 55g setup i was gonna have to buy..

I couldnt get a pic to load ill try when i actually get it ..

That's what I am talkin about!!! score! And sooooo much more space for fish in a 100G vs. a 55G , how awesome!!!

I did..lol got lucky n posted on a fb garage sale site thats local n had woman msg me about a 100g with stand n everything included except fish for ::drumroll :: $200 which is alil cheaper then the 55g setup i was gonna have to buy..

I couldnt get a pic to load ill try when i actually get it ..

that is why I have a dedicated fish room :D:D(y)
I'm still moving things around still need to move my feeder tank it blocks my hex tank and than find room for my frag tank and the sump is going in the basement once I finish building it, thinking of putting the feeder under the 40gb since theres nothing down there yet
my wife hates me cause I start another tank once I finish building one lol yes I'm addicted
guess I could just say it's my above ground man cave lol

Attachments

• room 001.jpg
    room 001.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 73
This isn't with my tank, but I did an educational demonstration presentation today over water changes for my public speaking class. It felt good to try and educate the public about why PWCs are so important.

that is why I have a dedicated fish room :D:D(y)
I'm still moving things around still need to move my feeder tank it blocks my hex tank and than find room for my frag tank and the sump is going in the basement once I finish building it, thinking of putting the feeder under the 40gb since theres nothing down there yet
my wife hates me cause I start another tank once I finish building one lol yes I'm addicted
guess I could just say it's my above ground man cave lol

My boyfriend wants to know how your fish room is so organized and your cords are so well hidden. Lol.

My boyfriend wants to know how your fish room is so organized and your cords are so well hidden. Lol.

organized lmao
you just don't see all the junk on the other side of the room

I used a piece of tank back ground black side out on the wall and tacked it over all the wires to hide them behind the tanks
but in reality I have more wires than I know what to do with lol there just all combined into 1 BIG pvc pipe painted black running along the floor to the outlets

Back
Top Bottom