What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And just rigged the new LED and realized... wow! My fish do have colors!!! And how they pop out in the new light. Thinking it fair enuff bright for the plantings as well. Wish I had these lights back in my old Cichlid keeping days! Them fish would have been jewels under this type of light! The Neons seem to love it as all have come out of hiding in the plants to basically play in the sunlight LOL

Still battling ich. No deaths and no new signs. Just what was there from the beginning and even that's getting better.

Just did my 50% water change, cleaned the substrate real good. Went over all the rocks and driftwood pretty well. Added some salt and called it a day.

My husband came home with 3 earth eater's today to go with my elephant nose! I, ve read their peaceful but if you guys have more information please tell me! Im unsure as my elephant is a grump lol would love it to work :)

Good pick up as they can be hard to come by at times. Looks like red head tapajos. They are relatively peaceful but are still cichlids. They will get territorial especially when breeding. Give them room to forage through the substrate and don't be surprised if they dig up plants. Fake or real. Awesome fish to watch grow out. They have some really awesome colors when mature.

Attachments

• image-1719657366.jpg
    image-1719657366.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 82
Not really a tank but it holds water and I work my tush off today.

Attachments

• image-4178014904.jpg
    image-4178014904.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 86
Not really a tank but it holds water and I work my tush off today.

Looks good..

I washed 1 bag of 50lb sand, moved all my sand from the 55g to the 125g since it keeps the ph higher.. i filled the 125g up but my old filters from the 55g on it and the new ac110 that im bringing back tomorrow as it stopped working after 10mins of running.. spent hours doing this and was soo tired i just put rocks in any empty spot i could stick it .. oh and my lights are 2 different lights..so ill be replacing them too..

Need a background quick like .. water isnt cloudy like it looks ..

ForumRunner_20130309_193217.jpg

Water changes on all the tank and installed the new acrylic tops on the tank.

67720-albums11716-picture52846.jpg

67720-albums11716-picture52844.jpg

Bought 2 new lights and a marineland emperor 400 hopefully it will work ... doing a pwc as my ammonia is up notch.. then gonna enjoy my new tank as much as the fish are.. its so different bc at feed time everyone is so busy exploring n swimming only half of them notice me dropping food..

Added a paired GBR's to my tank today, decided to take the red heads back wasn't going to be enough room for them and my elephant nose. :)

I'm taking no prisoners with my mts. Bought a small net and very carefully sifting through my sand and removing every last one I come across. Took out my big root decor and since it has soo many nooks and crannies I couldn't get every snail off. I decided to use this cold weather and set the root decor outside to freeze them off. I'll retrieve it after a few hours. With the roots out, I kind of like the look of my tank. On the left side is a jungle of plants and they sort of spill into the open right side. My male Bolivian ram wasn't too pleased but he'll have to suck it up for today.

Finished the right side of the tank and replaced the root decor. Anyone want frozen escargot? The other side is gonna be a pain because I'll have to up root all my plants!!!!!!

I'm taking no prisoners with my mts. Bought a small net and very carefully sifting through my sand and removing every last one I come across. Took out my big root decor and since it has soo many nooks and crannies I couldn't get every snail off. I decided to use this cold weather and set the root decor outside to freeze them off. I'll retrieve it after a few hours. With the roots out, I kind of like the look of my tank. On the left side is a jungle of plants and they sort of spill into the open right side. My male Bolivian ram wasn't too pleased but he'll have to suck it up for today.

Why are you hating on the MTS? Lol!

Had a good laugh :ROFLMAO: Did you try the Assassin snails?

Back
Top Bottom