What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOVE blue crayfish. That was actually my first aquarium getting into the hobby. They will root plants up. Definitely a good guy to have in a species only tank. :) they're so fun. One of these days I want a 75-100 gallon tank that looks like a creek bed. Crawfish and minnows or guppies....one of these days... :)

I have always wanted a tank like that! With bluegill and bass! That would be awesome.

Put mylive rock in......gonna rescape it till I like it...lol

ForumRunner_20130324_203400.jpg

I added some more rocks that I collected from thus desert... Arranged them so there would be plenty of hiding spots for the lil ones... And then I just sat back and watched them...

I still want one! I wonder how big of a tank a bass would need. That would be REALLY cool!

Best have a very good full seal lid! My bass made numerous dry land attempts! (Actually jumping while feeding) Bluegills are cool but have mean streaks...they will eat anything smaller than then and harass anything bigger than them. I once had a "lake tank" as a teen, and they are alot of work. It was a 40 gal.. and had 2 bullheads, 3 bluegill/sunfish, 2 bass, and a Northern pike. Needless to say it worked til the fish got large, and put stress in the tank and they had to be released. And wild fish are messy! And the only commercially available feed they would eat was freeze dried tubifex worms. They preferred live food and I went through a lot of creek minnows and bugs! In the winter I was able to get them to eat dry dog food and softcraws from the bait store. I'll never do THAT sort of tank again!

Before...... clear view through the back of the aquarium

img1146dx.jpg

After- Painted it black and used a great paint- No VOC & almost/no paint odor. I did it inside and couldnt smell nothing!
img1435jf.jpg

A little closer. 3 coats of paint- 3.5 hrs. An hour before adding the next coat of paint. I like how it cam eout and pops the colors of the cichlids.
img1443si.jpg

Before...... clear view through the back of the aquarium

After- Painted it black and used a great paint- No VOC & almost/no paint odor. I did it inside and couldnt smell nothing!

A little closer. 3 coats of paint- 3.5 hrs. An hour before adding the next coat of paint. I like how it cam eout and pops the colors of the cichlids.

Looks great!

Praying for healing for you and knowledge and wisdom for the doctors preforming the surgery! Hope it's a fast healing process.

did nothing to my tanks today
under went surgery on my neck today and got the bad news
My Cancer is back:banghead::banghead::facepalm:

did nothing to my tanks today
under went surgery on my neck today and got the bad news
My Cancer is back:banghead::banghead::facepalm:

Stay positive, cancer can be beat. Going through it with my father. Stage 3 advanced prostrate. Were here for ya if you need to talk. Prayers on their way.

Not today, but last night before I went to bed, I realized my marbled crayfish is berried again! So along with the stuff I will be picking up for my betta project I think I will be getting a nice big Rubbermaid tub to move the babies into.

Back
Top Bottom