What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Feeding later tonight. Going to be in Alaska and the Yukon for two weeks in may/June, so I'm starting to spread out my water changes a bit to see what my levels will do. I'm not too worried but one only knows. I do 50% atleast once a week. They will be going 14 days with no food, lighting and water changes:( it drives me crazy just thinking about it!!

Feeding later tonight. Going to be in Alaska and the Yukon for two weeks in may/June, so I'm starting to spread out my water changes a bit to see what my levels will do. I'm not too worried but one only knows. I do 50% atleast once a week. They will be going 14 days with no food, lighting and water changes:( it drives me crazy just thinking about it!!

Why not get a timer for your lights?

+1 and digital auto feeder like seaweed suggested.

I've heard bad things about those auto feeders. And with the light timers, I may look into those. But where my tanks are, they get a get plenty of natural light. Also, may/June on the Midwest, it can get pretty hot, so I'm kind of worried about major water evaporation.

I use an auto feeder all the time on my leopard ctenepoma tank. They are so shy it works well - they can be fed while I'm not standing by the tank. I use the autochef and love it.

If I was going to be gone for 2 weeks I would be desperately searching for someone I could trust and offer them cash to stop in a couple times a week. Have top off water on hand and try to make it as simple as possible for them to at least maintain the water level. I use a digital auto feeder with no problems at all on my cichlid tank. Program feeding times, multiple feedings if needed. Not sure of the brand but I got it at PetSmart for like $30.00.

Drained most of the water from my 29 and 30 gallon tanks (into buckets to be put back) and moved them so I could make room for the new to me 55gal that I am gonna upgrade my 30gal salt water tank to. The 30 is an incomplete reef startup that I just wanted to upsize before I get too much in it. Cant wait to get the 55 cleaned up an move everything over from the 30 gal.

Added 3 firemouths (looking for pair) and cleaned both my filters, and added a third filter that I had laying around because why not?

Added 3 firemouths (looking for pair) and cleaned both my filters, and added a third filter that I had laying around because why not?

I did that with one of my hob filters... i mean it was just boxed up not being used why not add more filteration..

Soo excited my hubby is coming around to the hobby.. he asked me to make him a profile tonight so he could " join my little club " i died laughing at him but he was serious so i made him the profile and let him go .. lol His crawfish is coming.in this week and he is super excited and has picked out the sand color and a few decorations as well as wants to go friday and searched for more and try to add some fish possibly. Im gonna sit back and let him research it and see how it goes . Of course ill step in if things are bad n be like umm no you cant do this ..

My wife loves freshwater fish but the only thing she wants to do is feed the little buggers lol. Better that way I guess I'm kinda ocd about cleaning things so I know it is cleaned right. I want her to learn though. And to learn how to mix salt and change my reef tank water so I can sit back and relax for a change. I work 60 hours a week and have 15 hours drive time a week. I wish she would learn lol. I'm going to teach her how to top off my reef this week

My wife loves freshwater fish but the only thing she wants to do is feed the little buggers lol. Better that way I guess I'm kinda ocd about cleaning things so I know it is cleaned right. I want her to learn though. And to learn how to mix salt and change my reef tank water so I can sit back and relax for a change. I work 60 hours a week and have 15 hours drive time a week. I wish she would learn lol. I'm going to teach her how to top off my reef this week

Lol .. ill prolly still be the one doing all the maintence but its ok bc he is atleast taking a step up and not fussing about having 1 tank.. we have came along way since i now have 4 tanks.. well 3 one is his .. i just suggested since its his tank he needs to learn about it and take care of it not depend on me to care for his pets.. it worked ;)

Got two Bettas over to my neighbor (who had been injured in an auto wreck and recovering away from home). The Betta which had recovered from his swim bladder problem, and another to keep him company.

Moved my snail /shrimp /plant bowl, to the new house.

60074-albums11380-picture52926.jpg

The Arrowhead plants in the top are twice the size as in the pic. This is from a week or two ago.

Started three grow your own lily bulbs from Petco, my other one is growing like crazy. There are some Apongotons in the background which have been growing for a year, and some new ones from the multipack in the foreground. Not sure if you can see them, but the onions are growing too, more in the middle. lol, fun.

The lily has more than 15 leaves, now, including big ones floating on the top of the tank...This pic was also a week or 2 ago.

60074-albums9317-picture53762.jpg
[/IMG]

Added water to the QT and shrimp tank forgot it in the sink last night.

My foaming water problem is diminishing in the 6.6G Edge!

If I was going to be gone for 2 weeks I would be desperately searching for someone I could trust and offer them cash to stop in a couple times a week. Have top off water on hand and try to make it as simple as possible for them to at least maintain the water level. I use a digital auto feeder with no problems at all on my cichlid tank. Program feeding times, multiple feedings if needed. Not sure of the brand but I got it at PetSmart for like $30.00.

Yeah I know. But I dont trust people with my tanks. Except everyone on here giving me advice. I was gone for 3 days and told my mom to not feed the fish. I came home and she said that she fed them because 'they looked hungry.'

Yeah I know. But I dont trust people with my tanks. Except everyone on here giving me advice. I was gone for 3 days and told my mom to not feed the fish. I came home and she said that she fed them because 'they looked hungry.'

going to be some hungry fish not eating 2 weeks and real skinny :whistle:

worked on my sps tank today (y)

Worked with the hubby to setup his tank.. i have been cycling it well since Sunday i think . I used media from 1 of my running tanks and added some fish food . Got him outside n started letting him clean the sand.. he thought after one time it was done.. i was like nope we got a few more times to go. He did good though . We added his decor and since it was a backup plan we added some plants we had.. once it clears up one of us will add some photos.. soo proud of him though it looks way better then i thought

50% water change today and gravel vacuum. My ASI freshwater kit should be in tomorrow. Maybe I will have a better piece of mind on my levels. You all keep me worried with your criticism of the strips.

Back
Top Bottom