What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Worked with the hubby to setup his tank.. i have been cycling it well since Sunday i think . I used media from 1 of my running tanks and added some fish food . Got him outside n started letting him clean the sand.. he thought after one time it was done.. i was like nope we got a few more times to go. He did good though . We added his decor and since it was a backup plan we added some plants we had.. once it clears up one of us will add some photos.. soo proud of him though it looks way better then i thought

It looked clean enough after one rinse but she made me keep cleaning five more times. Glad she helped me set it up. We need to add a stone that makes bubbles and fix the light but here is my first tank.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130328_204808.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130328_204808.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 108
Introduced 3 more leopard danios to one of my tanks to complete a school.

It looked clean enough after one rinse but she made me keep cleaning five more times. Glad she helped me set it up. We need to add a stone that makes bubbles and fix the light but here is my first tank.

Looks awesome!

At the LFS store and secure deal as a guppy breeder YAY!!! And ordered some more RCS to replace loses.. Also forged more deals if my bettas breed....I know don't count yer fish before they hatch.. but the LFS is looking for local breeders in bettas as well as putting in a giant tank just for bettas and he wants more fancy bettas....I may be able to accommodation this if all goes well. My son will be going to him tomorrow to get a 10 gal breeder

This looks great, looking forward to seeing it with inhabitants. Have fun :)

Re homed my bulldog plec today i was sad to see him go but he was being aggressive to my other fish :( bought a new air pump for my big tank and live bloodworm.

Added a java fern! I have proper lighting and I got CO2 booster so I'm hoping it'll get big n perty! Lol

image-2803112670.jpg

he is soo excited.. not sure why it.sent my first post early but oh well

Edit: Grabbed a few snails just labeled mystery snails and 2 more albino cories to go with the 2 i got ...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130329_153608.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130329_153608.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 108
Water changes on both tanks. On another note, The filter on the 10 gallon crapped out on me:( so I know what I'm doing tomorrow. Hoping my neons will be ok for tonight w/o a filter. Should I move them to the 29 to be safe?

My nitrites spiked today, nitrates started showing, and I mixed my pps-pro dry ferts to start dosing tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be ordering my fish by this time next week.

My son got a used 15 gal from the LFG. And set it up as a breeder for the time being. Got 3 guppies to add to the breeding pool and spent some time shooting the breeze with my fish guy. At 7 guppy fry still...and getting ready to try our first betta breed. Interesting times ahea!

Actually something I did last weekend...I removed several plants from from my 20g L planted tank an moved them to a new shrimp tank. Planted tank has been running for about five months and I was shocked at the amount of crud, poop, etc accumulated in that time. I don't gravel vac. I stirred up as much as I could. I pulled out the media in the main HOB for a few hours (sat in a bucket of water) and filled two HOBs with poly-Fil and let them polish the water for several hours.

Moved my head decor to my other tank, I had a bunch of little rocks in the corner that were hat holding too much good n poo in it lol

image-405459201.jpg

Bought a new fake driftwood piece, holds down my real driftwood pretty good.

image-2611866927.jpg

image-321788612.jpg

My fish seem like they love it!

Redid my 10 gallon. Both tanks have sand and I will never go back to gravel!

Attachments

• image-3512354326.jpg
    image-3512354326.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 80
  • image-4085269647.jpg
    image-4085269647.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 75
Looks good! I feel the same way, once I put sand in one tank I put sand in all of them. No more gravel for me, either!

Thanks! It was a pain in the butt! Already lost an Otto. It couldn't handle everything:( I also had to evacuate all 6 of my neons to my 29 gallon. The filter died last night and im not sure if they'll pull through as well. I just might turn this into a planted shrimp tank. Already have 6-7 blueberry shrimp in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom