What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took it all apart and cleaned it really good. I found the cause of all the noise. A Malaysian trumpet snail was down in the chamber that houses the impeller! So the problem has been solved. :)

Haha! Glad u got it fixed :)

I got a sweet new canister in the mail today, so I hooked that up. Also got what was told is a Rose Tip Anemone for free that one of my clowns already started hosting, just hope it doesn't move on me! I like that fact that I have clowns hosting at either end of the tank :) The "rock" the Nem came on is fake & I don't really care for it but It came with some goodies! 1 tiny red brittle star, a boat load of Asterina Stars & some sort of shrimp that i didn't notice till it was in the tank, looking hard for it so i can snap a pic & get an id. Did a wc & rescaped the 150, now I'm waiting on it to fill so I can do 8 more wc's lol. Bought some superglue so I can glue my monster Anubius from www.peabodysparadise.com on some driftwood. Shaping up to be a pretty good day!!

Last edited:
Got my fish in this morning debating on if i should add my 3 females to the 125g got them in breeder net now since i had to run to work as soon as i acclimated them :/ I know my comps gotta stay in the grow out tank ..
Rescaped the 125g partially stopped when my gang of albino socolofis decided my arm wasnt welcome on the right side of the tank and started attacking those little boogers tore my arm up felt like wasps stinging

Not great pics but here is a idea what i got fish wise ill have to snap a pic of the rescape later

ForumRunner_20130409_131818.jpg

ForumRunner_20130409_131825.jpg

ForumRunner_20130409_131852.jpg

I got a gold mystery snail for my betta! I'm hoping it'll entertain him so he'll stop destroying his pretty tail :(. It was moving around at first but it's been in it's shell for the last hour and a half. I hope nothing went wrong and it perks up soon. My betta was absolutely fascinated when the snail was moving.

Attachments

• image-4080479911.jpg
    image-4080479911.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 58
I got a gold mystery snail for my betta! I'm hoping it'll entertain him so he'll stop destroying his pretty tail :(. It was moving around at first but it's been in it's shell for the last hour and a half. I hope nothing went wrong and it perks up soon. My betta was absolutely fascinated when the snail was moving.

Snail's maybe scared of him or maybe just resting. They can stay hiding in their shell for days. How are your water parameters?

That's normal for a snail to be immobile as autumnsky said. If you see it hasn't moved for a day or two do the sniff test. I don't know what kind of tank you have but don't be surprised if you got get eggs & if there's not enough space above the water line they will climb out to lay eggs.

Been thinking of which tanks to downsize to/change stock of, and which fish should go where. It just isn't working out. I think I will just have too many and will need to find some a new home.

Very frustrating not "feeling" a clear plan. Also changing decor and mixing it up when I combine - doesn't seem to be working out in my thought plan either. :confused:

Haven't done to much today feeling under the weather. But i finally got a pic of my new butterfly plec he's been really shy. He's in my elephant nose tank.
Here he is stealing crab cuisine of my shrimp :)

ForumRunner_20130409_201111.jpg

That's normal for a snail to be immobile as autumnsky said. If you see it hasn't moved for a day or two do the sniff test. I don't know what kind of tank you have but don't be surprised if you got get eggs & if there's not enough space above the water line they will climb out to lay eggs.

They're in a 2 gallon with a filter but it doesn't look like its gonna cycle so I do daily water changes to keep ammonia under .25. I guess he got freaked out by my my betta bothering him.

Set up my minnow trap again. Hoping to catch a few more sticklebacks and flathead minnows! It's nice having fish in my 55 again. I'm loving the subdued colors and natural look of my tank. It's like I took a part of the river out and put it directly in my living room.

Getting set for a water change and noticed Momma Red (female Guppy) dropped fry...and man did she ever! I have a count between 12 to 20 currently...now wter change on hold till all fry are located! Cuz LFG has me in mind as a guppy supplier, and I don't wanna toss out the cash LOL!

Thew a few bags of chemi pure in, did a 40 gallon wc, trimmed my plants and got rid of two large silver dollars..I think my flowerhorn is getting depressed without his friends/chase fish.

I'm currently acclimating a bunch of sticklebacks! My pH matches that of the river, I just have to temp acclimate them. The river is ~60F and my tank is 74F. It took 2 hours last time!

Well I've had an awful day, in the middle of cleaning my elephant nose tank my hubby took out the cave to empty the water out and give it a rinse and out fell a kuhli into the sink caught it before it disappeared down the drain then another three fell out put them back in my tank looked like they were going to die, moving about now. Then i found a dead shrimp! I, ve removed the cave one unhappy elephant nose.
50 % clean on my bettas tank without any casualties.

Today I rescued a clown loach from a decoration. -.- My 3 clown loaches and rubber eel were all hiding in this fake log thing, so we got rid of it and replaced it with what I guess can be described as a stone table with NO HOLES except underneath. This afternoon, the eel and all 3 clown loaches had gotten into the decoration without moving it out of place and one of them managed to lodge himself into a space JUUUUUST big enough for him and then couldn't get back out. *sigh* lol

He's doing fine now, but has a tiny bit of a torn fin from it.

Well I've had an awful day, in the middle of cleaning my elephant nose tank my hubby took out the cave to empty the water out and give it a rinse and out fell a kuhli into the sink caught it before it disappeared down the drain then another three fell out put them back in my tank looked like they were going to die, moving about now. Then i found a dead shrimp! I, ve removed the cave one unhappy elephant nose.
50 % clean on my bettas tank without any casualties.

Oh goodness!! It's awful when this happens, hope all recover well.....my puffer survived a splash in my bath :-/ don't feel bad, u always come across as a very dedicated fish keeper, accidents happen. X

Back
Top Bottom