What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pwc on my elephant nose tank and algae scrub.

ForumRunner_20130424_202855.jpg

ForumRunner_20130424_203146.jpg

ForumRunner_20130424_203412.jpg

Couple of pics of my elephant nose with his buddy my female bnp!

Water changes all around. Also on day 2 of the 1,000 +/- gallon pond build. Yesterday was digging and measuring, today was more digging and laying the felt and liner- in the wind and freezing cold pouring rain.

Attachments

• image-3995236900.jpg
    image-3995236900.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 70
Did a rescape of the 125g last night and massive water change and rescape of the 20g then my husband decided we were gonn move all the fish out of the 20g into the 125g after i sat down from redoing it ... now i gotta clean the 20g rescape it again since i had to break it back down to catch the fast lil boogers and make it for the blue crawfish thn gonna clean the 10g and rescape it and find a betta for it :) lots of work but the results are well worth it

The littlest of the Pseudotropheus Saulosi tail has been nipped too much and yesterday night I finally got the little guy and what a battle it was to get that one. He is the smallest of the 21 cichlids I have and not sure who been doing it. Im gonna let his tail grow back before putting him in or wait for him to get a tab bigger before putting him back inside.

Finally got my breeding tank set up for my Bettas. Initially I was waiting to go and get some wood and cinder blocks to make a more permanent stand, but I gave in and just used some plastic crates for now. Sponge filter is bubbling, heater is heating, and I am excited!

I got a tetra whisper 20-40 from Walmart yesterday. It was on clearance for $4.50! Now I just have to decide what tank to put it on!

Yesterday I moved the 10 gallon Princess tank to a new stand, increased our Neon stock to the magic five number, and cleaned everything.

Oh, I slightly modified the plastic grass. I think this looks much better!

After
image-4230463261.jpg

Before
image-1915703607.jpg

Re-homing my pleco.

70888-albums10913-picture55533.jpg

Shouldve cleaned the glass. But had to give him a photo shoot before he left! lol. Hes going to a good home, but def will miss my monster fish. :(

Re-homing my pleco.

Shouldve cleaned the glass. But had to give him a photo shoot before he left! lol. Hes going to a good home, but def will miss my monster fish. :(

That stinks :(

Sorry but like you said its for the best. Are you gonna get another one?

Idk. If I did itll be a bristlenose, unless some other kind stays small?

Otherwise I was thinking about a loach or bichir or something for the bottom. I don't really want any of those rainbow sharks and I cant do cory's. Its for my American cichlid tank.

Idk. If I did itll be a bristlenose, unless some other kind stays small?

Otherwise I was thinking about a loach or bichir or something for the bottom. I don't really want any of those rainbow sharks and I cant do cory's. Its for my American cichlid tank.

Maybe some Botia loaches? They come in all different patterns or a synodontis?

That stinks :(

Sorry but like you said its for the best. Are you gonna get another one?

Im gonna get something. Just don't know what yet. What other kinds of pleco's stay smaller besides bristlenose?

Otherwise I was wondering if a bichir or some kind of loach can handle American cichlids? I want something for the bottom but i don't really care to own rainbow sharks and cory cats wont last with Americans. :confused:

haha! tried to edit that one and apparently it didn't work.

idk, im not sure catfish are what im looking for. Ill check out the botia loaches...but i think pleco's are in my blood! lol Im looking at different kinds on bubblesaquarium.com right now and think its gonna be a pleco.

Water changes for the 10 gallon betta tanks today, and boy did I screw up! I grabbed my busted bucket by accident and didn't realize until the bucket was full that it was leaking! And it seemed to fill so slowly... Probably got a gallon or so on the carpet and had to stop to sop it all up. Finished my water changes with soaked socks and wet pants. Not fun!

Back
Top Bottom