What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Started the cleaning process on my latest Craigslist score.

Attachments

• image-1571564481.jpg
    image-1571564481.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 71
Finally got one of those water changers that will hook up to the faucets so I did large w/c's on all my tanks to test it out.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T BUT ONE SOONER!!!

Lol these things are amazing!!

I also switched some heaters around and did some trimming, tomorrow I'm going to be adding more sand to my 28, apparently in the corner I tried to create a hill in, all my sand washed away to other areas and now it's just bare soils impossible to get a plant to stay in and gets the water all muddy every time I try to replant anything that floated away.

I stared at my tank today... Yup.... Stared at it.... For a loooong time..... Just stared...... And stared......

Which one, I bet it was the Cichlid tank?! lol

I spent part of the day trying to figure why I had my tank problem and what to do about it.

Added some ground up cuddlebone, and my pH went up a tiny bit.

Got this little guy in time-out cause he is a bully! J/K He is the smallest of the tank and was getting his tail nipped. Got him in here for a few days before that was in a bucket. He eat well, tail has grown back and his buddies swim up to him. I will give him a few more weeks before putting him back in. What a pain in that you know what to get him out tank & in here!!!!

img2487la.jpg
img2495h.jpg

I fed my fish and told the sticklebacks they really should learn to eat the pellets. They need more variety than just bloodworms. I need to get some pebbles so the males can build nests. I looked at my rummy nose tetras in my 35 gal and told Blue to leave Claude alone in my 10 gal nano.

I fed my fish and told the sticklebacks they really should learn to eat the pellets. They need more variety than just bloodworms. I need to get some pebbles so the males can build nests. I looked at my rummy nose tetras in my 35 gal and told Blue to leave Claude alone in my 10 gal nano.

What did they say after you told them this?

Oohitsae said:
Finally got one of those water changers that will hook up to the faucets so I did large w/c's on all my tanks to test it out.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T BUT ONE SOONER!!!

Lol these things are amazing!!

I also switched some heaters around and did some trimming, tomorrow I'm going to be adding more sand to my 28, apparently in the corner I tried to create a hill in, all my sand washed away to other areas and now it's just bare soils impossible to get a plant to stay in and gets the water all muddy every time I try to replant anything that floated away.

That was my reaction when I got mine, too!

Acclimating a new female into the betta sorority! Went in for bloodworms and found a pretty greenish female with yellow fins (mustard gas-ish) and scooped her up. I love going to the LFS on Friday since it is the day they get their new fish in!

Sad day. Had a two year old oto die today.

So sorry to hear, it is sad to lose our fishie friends..., it really does make for a sad day. I hope your other fish can make you smile...:flowers:

I did pwc and did testing on the water to still try and sort through the problem on the 72G.

Was bummed out AGAIN as the supplier of the OEBT shrimp changed their photo/pic of the shrimp and they are now not the true bright blue pretty ones I thought I would be buying this week, so I probably won't be getting them now, not really worth it, if they basically look just like the ones I already have, try to find them around locally still. :facepalm::(

4000th post on this thread?

Got shrimp yesterday from an LFS. 3 cherries and 2 amanos. Yes I am going to order from members on this forum but wanted to get something in the tank.
They are interesting creatures. When are amano shrimp NOT looking for something to eat?

Back
Top Bottom