What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woke up to my 125 leaking. I sleep in the room directly underneath it so it started dripping on my face at 4 am. Had to drain it about half way to get below the leak on the seal and then get my kids and I ready and out the door so I could get to work. Praying it doesn't start leaking again today while I'm gone. So now later I'm taking all of my stock into the lfs for credit and going to sell the tank. :-\

Woke up to my 125 leaking. I sleep in the room directly underneath it so it started dripping on my face at 4 am. Had to drain it about half way to get below the leak on the seal and then get my kids and I ready and out the door so I could get to work. Praying it doesn't start leaking again today while I'm gone. So now later I'm taking all of my stock into the lfs for credit and going to sell the tank. :-\

Oh no!! Is it possible to reseal it?

Oh no!! Is it possible to reseal it?

It is, but I've already had to reseal one corner already and now another so I'm just thinking I'll replace it with a new tank eventually. I also no longer have a tank to temporarily house my fish since that is now a planted community tank. And the cichlids would just kill my fish in that tank.

Today, I added my old freshwater HOB Marineland filter to my 55 for extra filtration. I figured why not? I am using my skimmer (Reef Octopus BH-1000, 110 gallon skimmer) mostly for my filtration, being my fluval 206 is only rated for 45 gallons. Adding the HOB filter puts me up to 75 gallons of filtration now as it's only rated for 30 gallon tanks. I think the idea was solid and I have been saving up to make my 29 gallon sump tank.

It is, but I've already had to reseal one corner already and now another so I'm just thinking I'll replace it with a new tank eventually. I also no longer have a tank to temporarily house my fish since that is now a planted community tank. And the cichlids would just kill my fish in that tank.

ouch! I PRAY that never happens to me!! It could be a very good snake tank now! or a lizard tank! Unless you reseal it!

ouch! I PRAY that never happens to me!! It could be a very good snake tank now! or a lizard tank! Unless you reseal it!

Yea it would, but I've had reptiles in the past and they just don't interest me like fish do so I would probably neglect it. Resealing would be an option if I had a spare tank big enough for 30 + cichlids for the 2 days of resealing. I've got a 72 but its full of angels rams and live plants so my cichlids would just destroy everything. The other obstacle is now my dad since I recently moved back home until my divorce with my worthless wife is finalized and my money can go towards a house instead of lawyers. He already didn't want the tank in the house so now after this I don't see him being as lenient. Ill get good credit for my fish and just use the money towards my pressurized co2 system I'm saving for. Maybe even a few new plants. Either way it sucks.

Had to rearrange my cichlid tank again. I think they have finally discovered that the rocks move when they crash in to them. They're being wild today, Chasing each other around, knocking rocks and plants over, my frontosa is digging a new hole in the corner and he is also working on burying my pleco. I was cracking up when I saw him spitting sand all over him!

Attachments

• image-914273224.jpg
    image-914273224.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 87
"You know, since you're just sitting there, it probably wouldn't hurt you to feed us."

:D

Rofl i bet mine think that constantly.. not a moment goes by that they dont act like they are starving :) i am constantly wondering what my fish are thinking.. or evwn if they could talk.. what are they saying to eachother?

I swear they would eat themselves to death if we allowed them to! Mine go to town on brine shrimp and blood worms! It is so crazy I only give those once or twice a week. Th rest of the time they are stuck eating delicious flakes or crisps...

Scooped floating plants out of my planted tank. I think it takes less than a week for these plants to go from about 20% to ~90% surface coverage.

Spent time as usual perusing this forum filled with, as my wife refers to, my imaginary friends.

We are REAL! Just ask the Velveteen Rabbit!

Sorry ...just couldn't help myself!!!

Filled up tanks for evaporation.

Fed everybody, checked on my BN pleco who was found in the filter last night.

Bought a new prefilter sponge so I don't suck up my baby fish. and switched them from one tank to the other as one wasn't big enough.

Cleaned my filter last night, the one with the BN pleco in it!!!

Cleaned the sponge prefilter and added water to the last tank. My 110 had a panty hose covering the intake and the flow went to 5%, after changing to sponge, 100%, blowing fish around the tank like crazy, so I turned it down!

Must have got 30 message alerts from people today and I am way behind.

I am going to list piles of Java Moss and the plants...and mystery snails and red ramshorn snails... anybody better PM me in advance if you are interested.

Have to thin this all out cause I will be going out of town and I am afraid it will be a complete jungle if I don't do it now!!!

Set up my order for local OEBT!!!

Have to price some Eco-complete...

Also Petsmart is having a sale on the Fluval Edge tank, 119.99 I think it was. Some other sales too

I got two blue mystery snails today, I have been wanting those for a while and just never got around to it.

Was shocked at being at the big box store and heard a lady buying a bag of feeder gold fish for her class of kids. It was for BEACH day and the kids had to have parents permission to take it home, kept hearing her say, I know they don't really last that long...WOW...:(

Last edited:
Scooped floating plants out of my planted tank. I think it takes less than a week for these plants to go from about 20% to ~90% surface coverage.

Spent time as usual perusing this forum filled with, as my wife refers to, my imaginary friends.

My husband says we are all Gill Nuts.. other times he says Aquarium Addicts.. because once he saw it said (welcome to AA)

Back
Top Bottom