What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand i added extra cleanimgs cut back my feeding to 3 a week 1 pellet r bloodworm for the betta.. and still got them even after breaking it down and starting from scratch after a lot of cleaning a 3 bags of gravel.... its a headache in a half ... good luck

Rearranged my rocks in my tank again. I do this at least every other day I swear, I just can't leave them alone. But I really like how it turned out this time, so maybe that means I will be able to leave them alone for more than two days. :) the fish seem to like the addition of the upper caves, too.

Attachments

• image-2806971117.jpg
    image-2806971117.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 96
  • image-1257986904.jpg
    image-1257986904.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 92
Rearranged my rocks in my tank again. I do this at least every other day I swear, I just can't leave them alone. But I really like how it turned out this time, so maybe that means I will be able to leave them alone for more than two days. :) the fish seem to like the addition of the upper caves, too.

Really nice :)

Cleaned all my tanks as I do every Saturday and did a whole lot more research about the bio load I'm planning on adding to my new (soon) 40 gallon community:) I'm really excited lol

Did my pwc and cleaning on my main tankand completely cleaned out the QT tank.

Filter floss needed to be replaced on my QT box filter but I couldn't find where I put the floss!! So I improvised lol

I cut a AC50 sponge in half and stuffed in the filter. Worked like a charm!

image-2898270172.jpg

Also my Pennywort needed to be anchored a bit. I leave it free floating so I used the suction cup from some small spare heaters I have. Just threaded it through and voíla!!

image-2976588914.jpg

image-2554442633.jpg

After using Prime a few times, I have finally figured out what is smells like...giving my dog a bath! Wet dogs do not always a good smell.

Did a PWC in my 20 g long planted tank. Added ten MTS the day before and they are going to town on the algae.
pnxtLNX.jpg

Seems like nothing but problems keep popping up .. i had another filter totally stop working although it was soo my fault just hate it was a new filter barely a month old :/ i bought a small thing of i think super naturals sand since i only needed one bag for the 5g betta tank that still isnt ready .. considering doing a thin layer of a natural looking gravel thats smooth

The more i research this low tech plant adventure the more i worry its a waste of my time and money but i am excited to try.. my goal is for a heavily planted 5g and 10g once i get it down and know i can do it then im gonna invest alittle more money and plant the 20g and 55g leaving only my african cichlids unplanted .. i just love all of yalls planted tanks they look so great and natural

I will be going to town tomorrow to grab stuff i may need / need to change for plants or shrimp .. anything that come to mind please shoot me a pm and let me know all the research can get confusing after so many different opinions and technics

Gotta get a filter and heater tomorrow for the betta tank totally spaced n left it out of my shopping cart the other day

water change on all four tanks, root tabs in 20 gallon, new filters in 10 and 20 gal, girlfriend got a baby betta from petco and we started a collage with all of our fish magazines. celebrating our 5 year anniversary tomorrow!! everyones asking when were getting married, im only 20!!!

Attachments

• image-3659748425.jpg
    image-3659748425.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3089079755.jpg
    image-3089079755.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 87
Seems like nothing but problems keep popping up .. i had another filter totally stop working although it was soo my fault just hate it was a new filter barely a month old :/ i bought a small thing of i think super naturals sand since i only needed one bag for the 5g betta tank that still isnt ready .. considering doing a thin layer of a natural looking gravel thats smooth

The more i research this low tech plant adventure the more i worry its a waste of my time and money but i am excited to try.. my goal is for a heavily planted 5g and 10g once i get it down and know i can do it then im gonna invest alittle more money and plant the 20g and 55g leaving only my african cichlids unplanted .. i just love all of yalls planted tanks they look so great and natural

I will be going to town tomorrow to grab stuff i may need / need to change for plants or shrimp .. anything that come to mind please shoot me a pm and let me know all the research can get confusing after so many different opinions and technics

Gotta get a filter and heater tomorrow for the betta tank totally spaced n left it out of my shopping cart the other day

For shrimp tank, you need cover /pre filter for the intake tubing so the babies don't get sucked up

Here is my low light /low tech tank after it was cleaned out of the masses of extra plants, Java moss and Salvinia Minima. I am working on deals right now for a big variety of new plants to go in it, all low-ish light. I think it is pretty good.

Not perfect by far. And the resin root stump has been my Red tail shark's place to hang out, but I moved the DW and now she is hanging there and I think the root thing is gonna get to go, it's kinda out of place!
60074-albums11380-picture57008.jpg

Added dwarf gourami to my 20 gallon and realized he may have ich and I had nowhere else to put him :/ and I had to go to my sisters to watch her dog :( hoping he is alive . And I added a snail to fry tank.

Gourami also kept laying on bottom in 1 spot he moved before I left but everytime he saw me move he hid.
image-1762964197.jpg

image-2398216838.jpg

Possible ich or healing wound

image-3947331495.jpg

For shrimp tank, you need cover /pre filter for the intake tubing so the babies don't get sucked up

Here is my low light /low tech tank after it was cleaned out of the masses of extra plants, Java moss and Salvinia Minima. I am working on deals right now for a big variety of new plants to go in it, all low-ish light. I think it is pretty good.

Not perfect by far. And the resin root stump has been my Red tail shark's place to hang out, but I moved the DW and now she is hanging there and I think the root thing is gonna get to go, it's kinda out of place!

Love it... thats kinda the look i want planted jungle aquarium floor... lol hope i get enough plants to fill a good bit of the tank up once they grow i can move some out to the other tanks

Added panty hose to the one intake but never got it to work and am gonna order the sponge intake cover tonight after i get a filter..

Feeding fish and inverts,dogs and hubby ..lol then im gonna get dressed for church and head to shop for more goodies for my tanks .. plan on doing my maintence today which is usually when i do it ..

Went out to walmart and bought some more plants for my community tank so these fry have more hiding spots.. seeing as i only saved 4 guppies.. and my platy is ready to pop. Hopefully this will help some :)

Gave my elephant nose fresh water as he has a chunk taken off his back, haven't a clue what he's done this time. Found a nerite snail climbing up my wall beside my tank put him back in he's fine. What's next!

I went into the lfs to replace my aquarium filter (xp4 to an xp3 they didn't have the bigger and the old one blew last night). While there I saw they had a sale on the leopard syndintis(not sure how to spell it) so I picked up their last 2.

Attachments

• image-2806410895.jpg
    image-2806410895.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3881676768.jpg
    image-3881676768.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 71
Got the sand for my new 55 and set it all up. Tomorrow I'll finish setting it up and maybe add a few rocks and plants and get the filter up and running so it can start cycling. Yeah!!

Attachments

• image-765527242.jpg
    image-765527242.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom