What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That will be 700 gal/hour or enough filtration for a 200 gal tank..... Ok, i didn't think that there was a limit to filtration, but i wanted to ask to make sure

That will be 700 gal/hour or enough filtration for a 200 gal tank..... Ok, i didn't think that there was a limit to filtration, but i wanted to ask to make sure

I'm running a Rena xp4 filter in my 70 gallon it is rated for up to a 260 gallon tank (plus an xp3 as backup) . I love the over filtration, really keeps things clean!! I'm from the 300% of filtration school of thought

I'm running 2x fuval 406's and a marineland c360 on my 125. Marineland c360, 2x marineland penguin 350's and a marineland penguin 150 on my 110.

Did a 50% water change on my shrimp tank this morning then just got home n did another 50% change figured out why my shrimps were dropping dead... i totally had forgot i had salt in my tank (duh thats the problem) so ill do another change 50% in the morning and i should be good but ill prolly end up doing a few more to be safe although they seem much happier now..

I also came home from work n noticed i no longer have any holding mommas n nice fat bellied fish. I topped off the 125g n did a 50% change on the 10g betta tank. Fed cucumbers to all tanks with snails n my cories whew im tired

I did my usual Saturday water tests before the weekly pwc and found my ammonia at between 0.25-0.50ppm. It's never spiked since I finished cycling it. I did a 50% pwc, added extra prime. While doing the pwc I was looking for a reason for the spike, al the fish are alive and well, I hadn't over fed this week. I moved the drift wood under that I found a large plant rotting away (vallisnera loves to spread in my setup). I hope that's the cause of the spike. I will recheck tomorrow and do another pwc if needed

I also redid some of the aquascaping. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image-1845675783.jpg
    image-1845675783.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3540937886.jpg
    image-3540937886.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3401299328.jpg
    image-3401299328.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 58
Today I ordered 2 pairs of tiger endlers to breed in my empty 5g. I also ordered some replacement DI resin for my RO/DI unit, as my bad water has almost toasted the current resin already. I hope to do a pwc on the 10g shrimp tank tonight, as well as replant it.

I brought a spotted pictus catfish and a mystery snail as new additions to the aquarium. Now all I need to do is to figure out how to feed the snail... This is gonna be tough one without all my fish stealing the food around him... :(

Bought a prefilter for the intake on my 5 gal cause my betta is so hyper and strange he actually likes fighting against the suction of it. Go figure. Traveled 45 min to my nearest petsmart to get the marineland LED fixture i need for my 20 gal because my gf had a 30% discount coupon and to buy the prefilter, turns out my gf left the discount coupon in our apt and the only cellphone she has with internet on it from where I could have gotten the barcode out of -_-. I'll have to go there again now lol. Also spent like an hour rinsing the pool filter sand for my 20 gal ehuch I'm gonna set up tomorrow.

Fed and watched everything. Now that I'm down to just my male bolivian ram,and they're so hard to find in my area, I'm thinking of a rescape. Removing a large fake log, had it for the female to stake out a territory, moving 'his' root decor in the center and getting more dw. Also want to up my school of sterbial cories from 3 to 6.

Came home from vacation and my fish were all alive!!! But my African tank was mistaken with my small "planted tank" and was on for .. Lets just say a lot because the person watching out for them worked a lot of hours. They were both on for a lot of hours per day but anyway, my African tank was brown, brown Algea everywhere.

My other tank is fine and my water wisteria Is taking off!!!!!! And I mean taking off, spreading roots everywhere. But my green terror is starting to get a little more territorial I see with tailless...getting worried.

Pwc on my bettas tank, filters rinsed and algae scrub. All clean for another 4 days :)

Came home from vacation and my fish were all alive!!! But my African tank was mistaken with my small "planted tank" and was on for .. Lets just say a lot because the person watching out for them worked a lot of hours. They were both on for a lot of hours per day but anyway, my African tank was brown, brown Algea everywhere.

My other tank is fine and my water wisteria Is taking off!!!!!! And I mean taking off, spreading roots everywhere. But my green terror is starting to get a little more territorial I see with tailless...getting worried.

Yeah water wisteria is great for replanting trimmings. One of my stalks is at the top of the tank and working it's way back down to the bottom. Gotta trim and replant.

Checked my water again this morning there are still traces of ammonia did another 30% water change. Now I really hope things are better, I don't understand why I got the spike since nothing had changed and all the fish seem perfect

Fixed my five gallon metaframe last night and swapped it out in the wee hours this morning!:)

OMG Where did you get the metaframes? They must be very old as I thought they quit making them years ago. I would love to have my old ones back from the 60's as they would make great nostalgia tanks. Anybody have a good old metaframe 10 or 15g they would like to sell?? Great looking tanks! OS.

Thank you. Yes, they are from the 50's-60's. I got them from ebay. The five gallon leaked and I was so upset. There are three options that I found to fix them. The simplest was to fill them with hot water, and sometimes they reseal. I tried it and it worked!:cool:

There have been three. One sold , a ten gal with full hood for $100.00. The five gallons seem to be what everyone wants for some reason. I got in a bidding war with someone on this one, and the other five gallon went just as high. It is important that the seller at least leak tests it, to me anyway. There is one seller with several and he plainly states not leak tested. No one even bids on them. This 5 gal one was also 'leak tested' though,. and it leaked when it arrived. The 2.5 gal has not leaked.

Back
Top Bottom