What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bought new lava rocks for the 90gal. Bought two black ghost knife fish for our 50gal and treated for ich in the 90gal and setup a quarantine tank to cycle with old stuff from other tanks. Should be good to have a quarantine tank after a second bout with ich.

Oh and stared at the fishies!! Mainly the infected clown loaches, hopefully they live.

Did a huge plant trimming (everything was getting pretty overgrown) and tried to catch all my green dragon bristlenose Juvies in my 10 so I could move them to a larger tank to make room for the starlights coming in on Tuesday.

What a chore!
Now I'm getting ready to see how many of what trimmings I have available to sell...thinking I might do an RAOK with some of the shorter ones

50% water changes in all da tanks including the new dirted tank for some angels. Keep your eyes peeled in both the planted, cichlid and discussion forum sections to help me out with some tankmates!

Did a huge plant trimming (everything was getting pretty overgrown) and tried to catch all my green dragon bristlenose Juvies in my 10 so I could move them to a larger tank to make room for the starlights coming in on Tuesday.

What a chore!
Now I'm getting ready to see how many of what trimmings I have available to sell...thinking I might do an RAOK with some of the shorter ones

Green dragon bristles! Haven't seen those before can you show me a picture. Cheers :)

Fed for the first time New Life Spectrum cichild formula. I'm mixing it up from what I make them to what is out there as well. No problem in eating at all. My friend sent me the pics of his new 29g nano cube we picked up Sun. Live rock, fish etc. for a good price....Now i'm looking into some saltwater aquarium as well..maybe a cube I can get away if she doesnt see it in the other room. We have some good deal in our side right now...oh, boy!

Water change for ninja, and starting teaching the kittens that fishtanks = wet paws. Took them one by one and let them see the fish, then dipped their paws in. Going to keep doing so until they learn that the fish are nothing they want to mess with. For now all topless tanks are behind a closed door, and after we move all but my 56 will be in a fish room, but it's still a chance I don't want to take. I don't want eaten fish or drowned kitties.

Add in a toothy fish. One trip and the kitty's SHOULD learn:)

Fed for the first time New Life Spectrum cichild formula. I'm mixing it up from what I make them to what is out there as well. No problem in eating at all. My friend sent me the pics of his new 29g nano cube we picked up Sun. Live rock, fish etc. for a good price....Now i'm looking into some saltwater aquarium as well..maybe a cube I can get away if she doesnt see it in the other room. We have some good deal in our side right now...oh, boy!

If you have any brownie points, now would be the time to cash em in. Few dozen roses for her may equal that new cube for you. we have to pay to play.

had a cat bout 10 years ago that used to walk around the rim of the tank
than one day he fell in never went near it again :D

Posted updated pics of my tank, I've added a good amount of plants and I also have an updated picture of tailless for anyone following the little guy :). It's not letting me post pics on threads but its under my profile.

I did a 50% pwc on my 75 gallon tank today. The water turned murkey after the Clown Knife went hunting and ate two of the bolivian rams(poor guys). I only have two left out of six thanks to said clown knife. I purchased a 125 gallon just to move the remaining fish out and away from the clown knife.

Ok folks, one blanket warning here: keep it nice, family friendly and tactful or the thread will be closed.

Just for my info, I am not starting any issues or trying to be rude in anyway. Was there a reason my post from earlier was deleted?

I really do agree with keeping things cordial and respectful.

Drilled a hole in an extra HOB strainer/intake tube and put an airstone (DIY CO2). The HOB has filter floss in it to catch the tiny bubbles. Crude reactor at best.
DzbiIDA.jpg

If you have any brownie points, now would be the time to cash em in. Few dozen roses for her may equal that new cube for you. we have to pay to play.

I cashed it when the 130g came home so I'm in negative brownie points and no amount of roses are gonna take care of that...lol!

I cashed it when the 130g came home so I'm in negative brownie points and no amount of roses are gonna take care of that...lol!

We have to make extreme sacrifices for our tanks sometimes to keep the better halves (somewhat) happy.

Weekly PWC and scooped out a bunch of water lettuce and Salvinia. I want to cut the Bacopa and replant the stems but I am running out of real estate. The LFS said they would tank the large moss covered (flame + some other variety) DW but prolly for not much. Might trade it in for some amano shrimp and Malaysian DW (I have more moss to tie onto it).
eKdTVkH.jpg

Back
Top Bottom