What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up an 80 gallon tank and stand today, found on Craigslist. It has weird dimensions though, it's tall, long, and narrow. Just have to figure out what I want to do with it now!

Attachments

• image-85666133.jpg
    image-85666133.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 115
Picked up an 80 gallon tank and stand today, found on Craigslist. It has weird dimensions though, it's tall, long, and narrow. Just have to figure out what I want to do with it now!

Nice tank! I'd so do an angel tank with that;). Good luck with putting your arm in there!

Trying to catch up!

Well I am back from my trip. Glad to be back! The trip was pretty much awful for so many reasons, No problems with getting to and fro.

Didn't get to hunt for my new manzanita wood, friends hubby who was gonna look for me on his mountain bike trip lost his brand new iPhone and didn't get around to finding any for me, understandably.

So maybe next trip.

Helped my mom and broke down her 60 or 80G tank with two 12 inch Koi in it. For the past year and a half she hadn't been able to take them to the lfs where she trades them for credit when they get some size on them. She had been struggling to take care of them. Very beautiful golden with black markings pearl scale and a white one with some black markings like lines on his sides and head.

Got them to the lfs for a credit, and a neighbor came and bought the tank.

So very happy to get those fish where they could go to a pond!

She has one hex tank left now with just a few fish in it. The projects she needed done kept me over my head and I couldn't get to that tank to update it. Probably going back in a month though, so I can fix it then.

My tanks are all fine, some got too much light, one got none (and no food either I think), I filled them all from evaporation.

Now I need to catch up on pwc and clean off a little algae.

My cat thought the big jar was her new water bowl, but she was perched on the rim and slipped in with one foot. Spilled a half gallon of water on the floor and the table, big mess, but the fish were okay.

Been thinking about my fish and tanks...

Think I finally decided to rehome my 37G and some fish locally, and maybe my 16G too and get a 12G Edge for the Shrimp instead.

And I am on the fence for my Koi pond and Butterfly Koi and goldfish. Don't have time or energy to build a new pond at my new place right now. I might be able to rehome half of them maybe until I have more time. The above ground pond won't really work at the new place, need to dig a hole for that too. :( Anybody local, give me a PM!

I think it took me an hour to read all the pages here for this thread I missed while I was gone, I really need a new phone so I can keep up!

Just did a 2 gallon water change in my betta fry 10 gallon tank... With a 1 1/2 oz turkey baster.

I cleaned ugly algae off my walls.... and added this new faux coral piece :) and a few fake plants!!

ForumRunner_20130616_011123.jpg

I am so excited to get a house when I grow up after college :p I want a big koi pond in the backyard and a giant maybe 100g tank in the living room and my current 30g with my Goldie Jack!! I am jealous of this tank even with its weird dimensions

Gonna go home from church and rescape my 125g .. do a major cleaning on it especially since my 3 yr old nephew wanted to feed my fish and the hubby let him overfed them now my tabk looks a hot mess ... :/

Gonna clean the crawfish tank to they seen to like my newest addition of ramshorn snails i keep finding shells crunched up but thats what they were added for so finally my tank is normal.

Cleaned the 5g n 10g yesterday atleast 50% pwc my almost invisible nerites are now gettin big enough to see.. :)

Pwc clean and algae scrub on my elephant nose tank.
Added more frogbit to my bettas tank as it's growing wild in my other tank.

It is a pretty neat tank, it's 4 feet long and 1 foot wide. I'm tossing around the idea of some angels for it, or maybe putting my fancy goldies in it and using their bow front for something else. So many decisions!

Water change, and filter cleaning on the 125. Also water change the 30L, and40L planted tank. Set up the new CO2 system on my other 125. Busy for a few hrs.:lol:

It is a pretty neat tank, it's 4 feet long and 1 foot wide. I'm tossing around the idea of some angels for it, or maybe putting my fancy goldies in it and using their bow front for something else. So many decisions!

At 1 foot wide I would honestly stick to smaller fish. Nothing longer than 5 or 6 inches, so that they can turn comfortably and be able to do more than essentially pace from side to side.

Did a massive clean on my bettas tank as i found three damselflies yikes! They were hiding under my tiger lotus so everything came out and got cleaned. Does anyone know if my betta will be ok if there's any more in there? I don't like them lol

Looked up from cleaning my house and saw my crawfish with my plant held up in the air with roots in her mouth... really no wonder it keeps floating in the water i was blaming the ramshorns.. plant moved immediately to a new tank

ForumRunner_20130617_172252.jpg

Looked up from cleaning my house and saw my crawfish with my plant held up in the air with roots in her mouth... really no wonder it keeps floating in the water i was blaming the ramshorns.. plant moved immediately to a new tank

That's funny lol your crawfish is a very lovely color :)

At 1 foot wide I would honestly stick to smaller fish. Nothing longer than 5 or 6 inches, so that they can turn comfortably and be able to do more than essentially pace from side to side.

Definitely agree! But I might have to part with the tank, because it doesn't look/fit right in the spot I had wanted to put it, and I don't really have room to put it anywhere else. I can't decide whether I want to resell it or if I just want to put it in my basement and hang on to it for when we get a bigger house. I'm pretty disappointed about it! :(
But on a side note, just got done setting up this 50 gallon cube thing that I also picked up over the weekend. Not sure yet what I want to put in it, but it's up and running!

Attachments

• image-3768959966.jpg
    image-3768959966.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 93

All I can picture is the little dude saying "this. is. Spartaaaaa!" LOL

View attachment 181002

Caught blue handed!

Bought The Top Fin Pogostemon Helferi and Staurogyne Repens packaged plants from Petsmart. Oh and I got a survey to complete online, save $3 for tomorrow to get them at a different store. Also the price was $1.00 more for the package at that first store 8.99. The first store I went to didn't have any new ones said their stuff comes in on Tuesday.

The second store half the plants looked awful, half looked great. I am guessing the awful ones maybe had been behind the others and didn't get much light, or older stock. 7.99 per box, as was the price quoted from two other stores in a different area.

Set a trade with a member here for some other new plants. it's kinda like plant swap for me lately. Getting lots of new ones I have been wanting.

Got a bunch of Anubias Nana petite, and Rotala a couple weeks ago, and some starts of a few other new types to me, plants from local area hobbyists! Maybe picking up a cool flame moss driftwood this week!

Not a thing yet
took my daughter out off roading yesterday guess she's wore out cause can't get her out of bed , so I can't get in that room to feed the fish yet lol

Back
Top Bottom