What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looked up from cleaning my house and saw my crawfish with my plant held up in the air with roots in her mouth... really no wonder it keeps floating in the water i was blaming the ramshorns.. plant moved immediately to a new tank

Crayfish: Come at me bro!!!

Tuesday too many things came up so pwc tomorrow.

Moved my older young Rainbow Blue Platy to the tank with the younger ones.

Tried catching the moms and dads, but they knew to stay away from the big blue net, only got one. have 5 more to scare up!

So the downoi plant eater mystery is still a mystery.

60074-albums12694-picture58359.jpg

The Downoi is the curly leaved ones on the center left rear. The very large one at 11-12 o clock is the first one which disappeared, then the rest except for the two ones lowest on the pic.

Fed and watched my OEBT shrimp for appx 40 min., the snails pretty much took over the food.

At first though the shrimp were grabbing whole pellets of Hikari Crab Cuisine for them selves, there were 4 pieces, the other shrimp started playing "steal the bacon", err pellet, from your friend. Very amusing!

Hehe, last night I watched my baby marbled crays play tug of war with hikari crab cuisine pellets, too. Even watched one grab a pellet AA big as she was and try to jet up into the water column with it. She struggled with it for a second and dropped it.

Anyone ever try to do a water change when the bathroom used for dumping and filling buckets has been taken over by kittens? It's not easy...

Well i have another female holding my nyerereis stay holding .. just wondering who is next..

My crawfish have went into snail withdrawals as they have eaten all the ramshorns i bought before they could reproduce and have started tryin to eat the mystery snail (their pet) lol poor guy stays on the glass most of the time the blues took off part of his shell

Didnt do much work on the tanks today just feedings and head counts on each tank .. everyone is accounted for

Added two ocellaris clowns to my new tank! Looking for new lights online hopefully ordering them today!

Attachments

• image-2692666485.jpg
    image-2692666485.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image-1455345017.jpg
    image-1455345017.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 76
Wow i come back after months and this thread is still on the go, sweet.

Water changes today. Added a group of lemon tets to my 20gallon yesterday and the are colouring up nicely, if they were lemon tetra when i bought them then theyre now lime tetra. They have settled in wonderfully like theyve always been there and have decided to school with my pristella tetra.

Today was my weekly full maintenance day. Started it with a full round of water tests. Siphoned out 20% of water, cleaned sides inside with hand scrubber pad and outside with microfiber cloth, removed cleaned and repositioned heater, swished filter material, cleaned filter tubes. Refilled tank with fresh Prime treated water. Untangled plants. Trimmed some bacopa australis and replanted trimmings. Added Flourish Excel and Comprehensive. Replaced cover and light.

Gave fish freeze-dried blood worm treat. Watched fish eat treat. Cleaned out and stowed cleaning equip. Played with cloudy day settings on Current satellite LED+ light. Had an overall satisfying time with the tank.

Molliwopp, how many lemons did you get? I have seven X-ray pristellas that I got 1.5 weeks ago. Both are really beautiful tetras.

Today I redosed ammonia in my SW (yay!), vacuumed my substrates in all the tanks, messed with the scaping of my LR and did a PWC on my 3g and 2g:)

Made my Saturday yard sale sweep around town and scored big time. 29g, stand, couple new boxes of filter inserts and odds and ends all for $10! Other than having calcium buildup, the tank looks brand new, the seals are perfect. No hood, light,heater or filter but the price was right.

Found an apple snail dead stuck in my filter intake, my loaches ate well today. It was crazy his entire body was out of the shell. So did a pwc to make sure no spike in ammonia. This is the 3rd I've lost like this any ideas how to avoid this?

50 % clean on my bettas tank, rinsed my filters. Fed him live brine shrimp he's one happy betta!

Found an apple snail dead stuck in my filter intake, my loaches ate well today. It was crazy his entire body was out of the shell. So did a pwc to make sure no spike in ammonia. This is the 3rd I've lost like this any ideas how to avoid this?

Sorry to hear this. But the silver lining is that it didn't go to waste. If it was just the 1 snail, then it could've been sick. But loosing 3 the same way is strange.

Sorry to hear this. But the silver lining is that it didn't go to waste. If it was just the 1 snail, then it could've been sick. But loosing 3 the same way is strange.

Exactly they are happy and full. It's just funny they are fine for months I usually only have one at a time then one morning I find them attached to the filter covered in algae

Molliwopp, how many lemons did you get? I have seven X-ray pristellas that I got 1.5 weeks ago. Both are really beautiful tetras.

I have 6 pristella and 6 lemon.

2 of my cardinal tetra developed neon tetra disease over a period of afew days, i got them with my lemons so only had them afew days... alittle scary for my other fish and had no choice but to put 2 of the cardinals to sleep.

Fed everybody and did a big water change on my betta fry tank.

Also, was browsing craigslist and found a 100gal meta frame for $350. With some extras. I'm dying inside. I would snap it up in a heartbeat if I had a place to put it, and wasn't already worried about finding a new place to live that will let me keep the tanks I already have. I wonder if my mom would let me store it in her house til I can set it up... It's not like there's anything in my old room right now...

I have 6 pristella and 6 lemon.

2 of my cardinal tetra developed neon tetra disease over a period of afew days, i got them with my lemons so only had them afew days... alittle scary for my other fish and had no choice but to put 2 of the cardinals to sleep.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes, sometimes the sad but better option is to cull to save the other fish. In the meantime enjoy your lemons and pristellas.

Back
Top Bottom