What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leak tested and cleaned the 29g I bought yesterday. Woke up to a full tank of water on the porch :D also cleaned up/did a close inspection of the stand. They did some strengthening modifications with some boards. Overall, not too bad.

Did a full round of water tests. Nitrates are still 0 but so is nitrite and ammonia. Guess the plants are using the nitrogen in the tank as quickly as it is produced. Time to move to weekly testing. Added Excel. Fed fish and enjoyed watching them eat. Noted how beautifully clear the water is and how healthy and active the fish look. Plants are growing like crazy. Noted a little brown algae on a few ruffle sword leaves that wont go away. Noted a little fungus on the driftwood. Life is good.

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and algae scrub. Re arranged the tank, added more plants.

Today I did another 30% PWC on the 55g (fourth one this week:(). QTed my angel, medicated and salted the angel, fed everyone, did a PWC on the 5.5, 3, and 10. Then did, yet another ammonia test on the salt tank (so want it to cycle faster:p)

Well i did my normal routine this moning feeding topping off evaporation.. but after alot of thinking i have decided to try n find new homes for my stock in the 55g i just am not happy with the whole setup.. so im now looking for local people or mayb neighboring states to give my 2 angels, 4 bronze cories, 4 albino cories and dwarf sunset honey gourami to.. if i woulda listened to my gut and not let the hubby pick my stock i wouldnt be here now :(

Yesterday I observed some white fungus growing on my driftwood. Last night I observed one of my pristella tetras picking at it. This morning it was all gone. Must have been yummy. Other than noting the disappearing fungus, I just observed my fish and the new leaf on my ruffle sword that grew another couple of inches today.

Well i did my normal routine this moning feeding topping off evaporation.. but after alot of thinking i have decided to try n find new homes for my stock in the 55g i just am not happy with the whole setup.. so im now looking for local people or mayb neighboring states to give my 2 angels, 4 bronze cories, 4 albino cories and dwarf sunset honey gourami to.. if i woulda listened to my gut and not let the hubby pick my stock i wouldnt be here now :(

You know what they say: Too many keepers spoil the stocking. Good luck with rehoming.

Depending on what I can pick up at the $1/gal sale this week I might be interested in the cories and/or angels. I'm only in Hammond - not too far away. Are the angels a pair?

I added bettafix to my 3G with my Betta and continued on day 3 of calming my nitrite spike in my 10g freshwater aquarium.

Nothing. But I'm going to lowes and will look for pool filter sand, also seeing what they have for LEDs and lawn rocks for the future 55g.

I am busy planning (sketching, locating materials) on re-purposing my 3rd 10G from FW into a paludarium/riparium. Hopefully it will be started tomorrow. :-D I cannot wait!

Been cycling a 6g desktop for almost 3 weeks. Looks like it's about ready for fish. Think I'll try to get some RCS for it over the Jul. 4th holiday weekend.

Planted some Java Moss on a piece of Cholla wood in the 6g last night.

Also cycling a 20L about a week behind the 6g. Expecting a new Current LED+ light any day now. Hope it finishes cycling before the LFS $1/fish sale is over. I'd like to get a good shoal of Neons to start it off! :dance:

Did a pwc on my 70 gallon panted, trimmed plants redecorated a bit getting ready for the arrival of the bamboo shrimp tomorrow afternoon

Did a pwc on my 70 gallon panted, trimmed plants redecorated a bit getting ready for the arrival of the bamboo shrimp tomorrow afternoon

Good luck with your bamboo, i have one and really like it.
Pwc on my bettas tank and filters rinsed :)

Good luck with your bamboo, i have one and really like it.
Pwc on my bettas tank and filters rinsed :)

Thanks any advice?
They seem to be pretty hardy from what I can research (tank is not new well planted and has current)

Thanks any advice?
They seem to be pretty hardy from what I can research (tank is not new well planted and has current)

Mine just sits in my outflow, i crush spirulina tablets up near him to eat and I've caught him eating live brine shrimp as well. I sadly lost my other one it was really weak when I get got it. I don't have a lot of live plants either and he seems fine.

Back
Top Bottom