What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moved the 72G tank two more times to get a different layout :facepalm:

Also meant I did another 75% pwc.

Left my 72G half full to treat the tank for the first day since it is a double dose. And the meds are so expensive. I will need another package to complete the treatment of Maracyn 2.

Moved 37G, and did 80% pwc also due to moving it. Cleaned the 110 filter and yuck! And a little Marina 15 filter, I have on there in case I need it for something else.

Cleaned some Garnet sand and added it to the tank as the bottom was bare. Spilled 2/3 of a 5G bucket of dirty water in the carpet, YUCK again! Had to clean that up and I am exhausted.

Threw in a few plants in the bottom of the 37G with the Rocks. The light fixture is built in and it broke. I have been using a Architect lamp with an extension arm and only low light plants in there right now but now that I moved the tank I will need to figure something else out as the light was attached to a desk in the office. :confused:

Then moved the 16G bowfront and cleaned filters and 80% pwc due to moving it.

Moved the snail bowl.

Sent daughter to pick up a new bottle of Prime when she went to town, so I don't run out! lol

Have out of state company coming tomorrow and I have a full work week, so glad to get this all done!!!

Now I have a wall of fish tanks, they are all lined up. The 37G will be going when I can get the 72G healthy again.

Came home to my little guys fed them for today and changed the filter on the tank

Jarred my 4 largest betta fry today! Chasing had started, so I figured it was time. So I now have a tray with 2 liter coke bottles and 1.75 liter gin bottles with the necks cut off sitting in my makeshift fish room.

Spot cleaned the 125g those bad boys/girls are poop machines .. did all my feedings and spent some time recording my crawfish , baby blues, and holding females.. also found i have 4 holding females now as my biggest yellow lab is now holding and i have been calling her a him this whole time as she locks lips with my male nyererei on the regular :/

Pwc change on my bettas tank and filters rinsed boy were they stinky!
Added a rabbit snail to my elephant nose tank he better leave it alone!

Leaving for work i saw movement in my crawfish tank... took a closer look and its another baby... lucky lil thing cause i vacd the tank the other day thinking i caught all babies n moved to the 55g :/ gonna look closer when i get home ...

Spot cleaned 125g again today with a net n got more poop then with my cleaner yesterday.. and replaced water from yesterdays spot cleaning

Observed and enjoyed fish. Did weekly water tests. 0s across the board. I still have no detectable nitrates, but the plants are healthy and growing. I can only guess that the nitrogen is being used by the plants. I'm not going to forgo weekly water changes of a modest 20% just to build up nitrates. I think there is more harm than good in that.

Tomorrow is maintenance day! Yeah!

I found a 5g bow front tank with a hood with a light fixture, a filter and 6 filter cartridges. It also came with an extra large bottle of goldfish flakes that I'm gonna sell. I got the whole thing for just 15 dollars!!

I found a 5g bow front tank with a hood with a light fixture, a filter and 6 filter cartridges. It also came with an extra large bottle of goldfish flakes that I'm gonna sell. I got the whole thing for just 15 dollars!!

Heck of a deal!!

lots of rearranging in 2 salt tanks placed a big coral order over 35 pcs 10 SPS , 20 Zoa's , 5 Softies
found a real good deal online, I'll get picts up when it comes

3rd day of meds for the 72G, Friday will be day 4 of 5. Also was directed to a different med. It is not clear, but I may end up treating with an additional medication.

The first day I made sure here was a good mineral salt in there, and then I added a teaspoon of cuttlebone powder I scraped off. Tomorrow I will check the gh/kh and ph again to see how it is going. I have had lots of hours at work and and company and very little sleep!

Anyway it seems they are all alive but haven;t have any time to thoroughly check.

The fish have been very cranky to each other.

The middle size Koi Angel fish (of 3) has been running off the smaller one away from its preferred corner of the tank. So I am not sure if it is just being an cranky fish or if the two larger most orange colored medium and larger ones have paired off??? Anyone know M or F?
60074-albums11380-picture59483.jpg

A friend at work, just had a crawfish have babies, they are very tiny pm me if you are interested in them - Procambarus Clarkii Red Swamp Crayfish. She has maybe 40 but they will eat each other so who knows. I haven't seen them yet but this is the type that I was told they are. 8+2 for 5. plus shipping. 5.95 Just gauging interest. and maybe help someone out!She needs them out of the tank, as she doesn't have enough space for them when they grow. I told her about AA too. :)

A friend at work, just had a crawfish have babies, they are very tiny pm me if you are interested in them - Procambarus Clarkii Red Swamp Crayfish. She has maybe 40 but they will eat each other so who knows. I haven't seen them yet but this is the type that I was told they are. 8+2 for 5. plus shipping. 5.95 Just gauging interest. and maybe help someone out!She needs them out of the tank, as she doesn't have enough space for them when they grow. I told her about AA too. :)

Im glad i only had 5 (3 survived 2 died before i knew i had them)
Of course it is there first batch so who knows what the future holds.. i have 1 spoken for and 2 to find homes for .. :/ mine are the p. Alleni blue ones though.. i worry about shipping since i have never been the shipper :/ and they are so small .. been asking friends lots of questions about ....
Good luck to your friend ;)

Nothing... And I don't think I will get around to anything I had planned to do either. Discovered ants had gone after the cat food in the kitchen and in the bathroom, so I had to play with a bunch of poison. Now I am paranoid about ant spray residue on my hands and don't want to stuck them in any tanks. Maybe after the next hundred handwashings I'll feel ok to do some water changes...

Nothing... And I don't think I will get around to anything I had planned to do either. Discovered ants had gone after the cat food in the kitchen and in the bathroom, so I had to play with a bunch of poison. Now I am paranoid about ant spray residue on my hands and don't want to stuck them in any tanks. Maybe after the next hundred handwashings I'll feel ok to do some water changes...

For ants I use a product called Terro. A clear liquid (looks like syrup) ; a few drops placed on a piece of plastic or tile near where the ants travel. They will find it, fill their bellies and bring the poison back to the colony. After a few days no ants. Oh yes, keeps it away from children and pets.

Im glad i only had 5 (3 survived 2 died before i knew i had them)
Of course it is there first batch so who knows what the future holds.. i have 1 spoken for and 2 to find homes for .. :/ mine are the p. Alleni blue ones though.. i worry about shipping since i have never been the shipper :/ and they are so small .. been asking friends lots of questions about ....
Good luck to your friend ;)

She wants a blue crawdad, you want to pm me with info? Order some Kordon breather bags. Shipping is fine, the sticky here on AA is good by severum mama.

Treated my 72G tank and worked a lot.

Woo! Got (almost) all the small tanks done! All three 10 gallons plus the jarred bettas got a nice big water change. And my spawning tank that still has the smaller fry got a nearly 100% change so I could move it and make the makeshift stand a little better and more even. One of the milk crates wasn't holding up to the weight of the full tank very well so I swapped it for a sturdier one. Jarred fry got a complete water change. Taking a short break then I will change Ziggy's water. And then tomorrow I will take care of the two big tanks and the cray tank.

Believe it or not it is my room of 10 gallon tanks that is the biggest pain to care for. The big tanks and the cray tank are in reach of the water changer, and I can pick up Ziggy's temp 1.5 and carry it to the kitchen sink. The others I have to use buckets for, which isn't a big deal, but I empty and fill the buckets in the hall bathroom which is where we keep the kittens most of the day when we can't supervise them. So if I am the only one home, like I was most of the day today, I can't really do water changes without having to worry about the kittens getting in trouble elsewhere. As I am typing this one found it's way into the stand of my 56 gallon tank despite the door being closed... Oh the joys of young kittens... And the momma is due again any day now... She was pregnant again when she brought us her first batch of kittens. And you can bet she will get fixed ASAP after she gives birth. This is a stray who adopted us probably right after giving birth to the kittens we have now.

Back
Top Bottom