What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up some wood and starting to build a stand for a new 55 gallon reef build. Not looking for an overnight build but could not pass up the dollar per gallon sale at the local big box store. Picked a 55 gallon and a 20 gallon long to make a sump from. Should be a fun project.

Hahahaha!

I'd be afraid that crab gets loose
he has big claws hate to see him bite a toe lol

That one is nothing, this was our other one, Big Sexy Claw/RIP (name because they wave it around to attract the females)

60074-albums11380-picture53776.jpg

That was the one I was scared of!!!

Naw, we plastic wrapped and duct taped the back so no openings...Big Sexy Claw would crawl right up that tube and sit under the plastic wrap on the brace in the back staring at me... Wish I would have got a good pic of that it was so funny.

Want to make a hamster Habitrail thing for them on top (in my spare time, lol) with a sandy hermit crab like beach for them!

years ago I had one of those blue craw fish he got out of his tank
couldn't find it almost 2 weeks than it turned up under the fridge yes he was still alive

It's been a sad day for me and my son got up this morning and my betta had passed :( going to miss my little guy.
RIP butters

ForumRunner_20130723_122814.jpg

Yesterday, I pulled up a ruffle sword that wasn't completely happy in my DT and replaced it with a different species of sword. I got my pristellas some frozen bloodworms and they loved them.

Today, I ran water tests on my QT. Ammonia and nitrite are 0. Corys look and act healthy. A friend wanted more decor in my QT and since it doesn't hurt anything I put a fake log with fake leaves on it in there. The corys will like it.

Doing PWC on the 72G to start getting the meds out. Did 60%
Try for another 60%-75% or so on Thursday, I work all day tomorrow.

Then probably going to be trying something else in the next day or two, didn't seem to cure them yet. :(

Lost maybe one Blue tetra, and not the one with the spot on his lip, and I can't tell about the Oto with the spot on his back, they blend in and there are a lot of plants and DW. Saw the others scurrying around cleaning though. The rest of the fish seem fine and are accounted for, they must be the tough ones.

Didnt do much.. changed out 50% of my filter pads they were yuck... prepared 2 ice trays of repashy ... removed a snail shell from the adult crawfish tank as Hefty decided he wanted snail back in his diet and ate one finally.. Mr. picky usually only eats ramshorns

Did a head count all 3 momma still holding and seems like all fish are happy and healthy .. my tank needs cleaning as i have soaked food in epsom salt 4 times as a precaution and poop is everywhere ..

Water tests on my QT, amm 0 trite 0 and trate 5.

My otos passed the two week mark in my DT and got a celebratory piece of zucchini. That's a good sign for their longevity. I also noticed that the two that had rounded caudal fins are growing the points back. Not as spectacular yet as the one with the intact tail, but still very good.

My plants got a round of plant tabs today.

rearranged both my 37 g bow front and 40b tanks , getting ready for a big coral order coming in the am over 40 corals , going to be a busy day for sure

Found another dead oto cat today, seems like all the new ones I bought 2 weeks ago have gone fins up. The original 5 are still healthy and going strong. Tested water everything was fine (0,0,5-10) did a 50% pwc just to be extra cautious. Since then I can only locate 3 out of 4 bamboo shrimp. I'm pretty confident the last one is hiding, but he also might of got out during the pwc

Back
Top Bottom