What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Water change on one of my 5g Betta boys tank & on the QT tank. One my females in QT died today. :-( Moved another girl into the QT tank because I saw a small spot on her mouth I'm not sure what it is. The other girl in QT developed a lump a few weeks back that finally had opened up. It doesn't seem to bother her too much, she's still active but not eating as well as I'd like. Yesterday I did water changes on 2 of my 3 10g tanks & those Betta boys are happy little campers. Tomorrow will be a water change on the 46g & maybe a little re-arranging which my CAE's won't like. :-o

Fed Em' lol. Tomorrow is weekly maintenance, two 25% water changes, one each for my 2 tanks, then the fun of cleaning poo from the wife's turtle tank, and finally a 50% water change for my daughters glofish tank. Thank you Prime lol

Yeah yeah! LOL. Who's going to win?

THE SAINTS!

So far, I did a big water change on my 56, did a complete change on my 1.5 gal betta tank, and I have started water changes on the two 10 gallon male betta tanks. When we let the kittens out I can fill them back up. Kittens being corralled in the hall bathroom when we can't watch their every move makes water changes tricky! I'll be filling the 40 where it sits on the floor to start soaking my new big driftwood piece so that maybe when I'm ready to set the 40 up it will be ready to go in there without seriously tanning the water. It's heavy enough not to float, I think. Got the two 20 longs onto the stand last night, and maybe Sunday after work I will get one of them set up enough to move my crayfish into it. I'm going to need to pick up some sort of screen for the top first, though. Might paint some backgrounds tomorrow, too. Just gotta figure out what I want to paint.

I fed my 3 tanks today and said to myself "I need to do a pwc on that one". Then I decided to do it tomorrow and I went outside and planted 2 blackberry bushes and a blueberry bush.

Hey guys, think this catfish might be a bit too big for my tank?

img_2603844_0_a72cfd94f0ff683b2f279427f1cd7c69.jpg

Hey guys, think this catfish might be a bit too big for my tank?

img_2603863_0_a72cfd94f0ff683b2f279427f1cd7c69.jpg

When I saw the posting on my email notification, I thought, Alyxx knows better than to put a too big cat fish in the tank.....

:ROFLMAO:roflm*o

TOOO funny. So that is the "new" tank?

I was supposed to pick up one of those only maybe half that tall, and the CL-er never called me back again...been a day so probably sold it to someone else.

I also was laughing hard at the shrimp in my 6.6Edge tank.

The filter was off when I got home from work last night, so I wiggled it around and it started again, but I didn't feed them, not in the am either figured it would give the filter a chance to catch up cleaning the water. So tonight I I fed the shrimp, snails and micro fish, Sundanios and Chilis.

They acted like I had never fed them before.

A few of the snails, baby blue Mystery, and a couple of Ramshorns, went warp speed to the top and started sucking tiny particles off the surface of the water and also the edges where the surface of the water touches the sides, and the shrimp were snagging the tiny First Bites out of the mouths of the snails and cleaning food particles off of them, tickling them, and the snails were still trying to eat while being tickled by Fire Red Cherry youngsters and adults, making little twinges from the tickling.

VERY hilarious. If I had had one of those fancy new phones, I would have done a video for you, but instead, you will just have to use your imaginations! ;)

Angelfish or something else ate all the eggs that were in the crack in the corner of the tank. Mom and dad AF keep hanging out there, maybe looking for the eggs to fan....or eat.

Maybe with the slate, when I find it, I can save some next time. Need to do much more reading up on the process and see if I can get that done soon!

Also finally figured out how to turn the light off on my Chi tank!!! My Betta will be so happy to get a decent nights sleep!

When I saw the posting on my email notification, I thought, Alyxx knows better than to put a too big cat fish in the tank.....

:ROFLMAO:roflm*o

TOOO funny. So that is the "new" tank?

I was supposed to pick up one of those only maybe half that tall, and the CL-er never called me back again...been a day so probably sold it to someone else.

I also was laughing hard at the shrimp in my 6.6Edge tank.

The filter was off when I got home from work last night, so I wiggled it around and it started again, but I didn't feed them, not in the am either figured it would give the filter a chance to catch up cleaning the water. So tonight I I fed the shrimp, snails and micro fish, Sundanios and Chilis.

They acted like I had never fed them before.

A few of the snails, baby blue Mystery, and a couple of Ramshorns, went warp speed to the top and started sucking tiny particles off the surface of the water and also the edges where the surface of the water touches the sides, and the shrimp were snagging the tiny First Bites out of the mouths of the snails and cleaning food particles off of them, tickling them, and the snails were still trying to eat while being tickled by Fire Red Cherry youngsters and adults, making little twinges from the tickling.

VERY hilarious. If I had had one of those fancy new phones, I would have done a video for you, but instead, you will just have to use your imaginations! ;)

Angelfish or something else ate all the eggs that were in the crack in the corner of the tank. Mom and dad AF keep hanging out there, maybe looking for the eggs to fan....or eat.

Maybe with the slate, when I find it, I can save some next time. Need to do much more reading up on the process and see if I can get that done soon!

Yeah, that's the hex tank the bf found for me. Just a 20 hex. I now have 4 empty 20 gallons! Can't wait to get them all running. One of the kitties was being a pain so I stuck her in there for a timeout. I've got them trained that the fish are nothing they want to mess with already - wet paws are a good motivator, and being in an empty tank doesn't hurt either! Hehee, my crays act as if they have never been fed before every time I feed them. It's hilarious!

Yeah, that's the hex tank the bf found for me. Just a 20 hex. I now have 4 empty 20 gallons! Can't wait to get them all running. One of the kitties was being a pain so I stuck her in there for a timeout. I've got them trained that the fish are nothing they want to mess with already - wet paws are a good motivator, and being in an empty tank doesn't hurt either! Hehee, my crays act as if they have never been fed before every time I feed them. It's hilarious!

Speaking of acting like I've never been fed, I have one from last night. I fed a chunk of blood worms to the 29, I broke it in half and stuck both to the glass. My male Bolivian ram never pays attention to them but he grabbed a whole chunk and swam around with it. I thought he was choking , he went up and down and when it fell out he dove after it. He ate the entire chunk.

went to war with aipatsia today think the battles over must have nuked at-least 15 of those buggers also did a water change this ole man is worn out:D:D

Back
Top Bottom