What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm having a cup of tea, then it's time to thoroughly scrub out my new 10 gallon and work on getting one of my 20 longs set up, or at least start on painting a couple tanks! Hooray for days off! I also plan on jarring the last of my betta fry, and cleaning out their tank so I can set it up for another spawning.

Also, it's been a good day - I've been offered a secretarial position by a friend of mine for $10 an hour, and I'm looking like the best candidate. So hopefully I will soon have a better job and more money for fish stuff! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Fingers and toes crossed!

Woo! Just ordered a nice chunk of equipment for my new tanks! Glass tops, heaters, sponge filters, fish food, thermometers, air tubing! And a new filter for my neighbor. She could pay around $30 for it at walmart, Drs. Foster and Smith has it for $15. Plus a huge box of filter cartridges for it, since I can't convince her that it's better to not change them out so often... But at least a good $40 of the order is coming back to me from her bit of it. Makes me feel a bit better about my total, haha.

And yes, it is looking very likely that sometime soon, I will be at least a part-time secretary, to become full time when we secure an actual storefront as the business is currently ran from home. Extra cash for now, and a nice exit strategy from a job I hate!

Yesterday I received my Odyssea T5 light fixture and put it up. So sweet! I did about a 15% water change today, and then tested my NO3 level. Between 10-20 on my Red Sea test.Closer to 10. I'm getting close to being able to stock it! Hopefully next week I can pick up my zoas and trumpet coral from my local place that is holding them for me!

Nothing major fed tanks fixed my hob filter that my fish decided was in their way and tried moving the intake ... which they did just enough for it to stop sucking up water good thing i was up... and i rearrange the slate they apparently didnt like wher i had it either as i watched a few of them knock it off the stones .... crazy fish

Should be getting two packages tomorrow cant wait.. ill have drift wood ,snails, java moss , a new fish food a friend want my cichlids to try and another friend sent me a surprise in my package of snails so i cant wait to see what it is.. lol

My driftwood is for my 55g that im hoping to add my centerpiece fish to soon ;)

This has been a rough week so glad to channel my energy on somthing positive..

Plucked out a few snails to the snail jar, they know I am waiting for them and keep hiding from me! :lol:

Arranged to get some Tangerine Tiger (TT) Shrimp and a new to me 5G very good condition Aqueon bowfront for my DD's Turquoise rescue Betta. I found the newly rescued Betta a new home, already mentioned that but also going in a 2G filtered and heated Tank which is better than a 1G or plain bowl. - of course.

Moving another group of shrimp and fish in the next couple days. Trying to decide how and which tanks to switch them around to.

Tomorrow going to measure gh/kh of my tap and tank water and compare, and see if I need RO/+shrimp minerals or not. Based on what the TT breeder is using. I don't want to mess with RO / and minerals (not a big deal by themselves).

PWC on my main tank and the kid's 5 gallon betta tank. Ripped out piles of java moss and java ferns in the main tank to move to the tank at work where I am going to attempt to make a moss wall. Tied some new mosses to the driftwood - I forget what they are called. Hope I didn't tie them too tightly. Counted assassins and posted an ad on my local Used site to try to rehome a few of the monsters. They are voracious! Oh, added two juvenile panda cories to my main tank. My LFS are getting more next week, so I will add to them after the quarantine is done, provided my water conditions are still good.

Then I fed all the wee beasties and stared at them for a while.

I'm having a cup of tea, then it's time to thoroughly scrub out my new 10 gallon and work on getting one of my 20 longs set up, or at least start on painting a couple tanks! Hooray for days off! I also plan on jarring the last of my betta fry, and cleaning out their tank so I can set it up for another spawning.

Also, it's been a good day - I've been offered a secretarial position by a friend of mine for $10 an hour, and I'm looking like the best candidate. So hopefully I will soon have a better job and more money for fish stuff! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Fingers crossed for you!! Good luck!!

I did a 15g pwc on my 35 gal hex and broke my pump. I taped it back together so it still works. Lol! It may be time for a new one.

I had to take apart the Marineland emporer 400 and clean it real good. I think a tiny snail was down near the impeller making it really noisy.

Fed all the tanks and watched big meanie (a 4 inch fathead minnow) try to steal all the food from the other fish. He's so mean but the professor (a 2 inch fathead minnow) is pretty smart about getting his food. He's crafty!

Not a happy... got my packages today one was perfect and one ha been opened my java moss and fish food was gone but the driftwood was left you coud see the box was pulled open and like someones hand went in digging the tape was stuck good on the 2 ends i had to cut it with a knife to continue opening the box.. i was gonna stick my moss on the driftwood guess ill look into something else i may be able to find locally .

On a better note i got my other package that was perfectly wrapped and had ramshorn snails and surprise they included like 5 or more RCS... so i have shrimp in my 55g for now...

Not a happy... got my packages today one was perfect and one ha been opened my java moss and fish food was gone but the driftwood was left you coud see the box was pulled open and like someones hand went in digging the tape was stuck good on the 2 ends i had to cut it with a knife to continue opening the box.. i was gonna stick my moss on the driftwood guess ill look into something else i may be able to find locally .

On a better note i got my other package that was perfectly wrapped and had ramshorn snails and surprise they included like 5 or more RCS... so i have shrimp in my 55g for now...

kjacks I PM'd you

I hate autocorrect. Took me forever to type that line!

Got a shipment of fish and got them all situated in my qt tank. Two calico bn pleco juvies, two female bettas, and a nice surprise of three tiny convict fry.

Did pwc on my 4 smaller tanks. Getting my 3 larger tanks tomorrow as well as my qt. might wake up to baby platys in the next few days. Wish me luck.

did 15% wc on my 40b
my maroon clown helped he pushed all the corals that fell under the rocks out so I could get them and replace them where they belong , I gave him a few live feeder shrimp as a reward
smart little guy :D
now I need to go do a 15% wc on my 37g bowfront now let's see if the clarkie is just as helpful :D

did 15% wc on my 40b
my maroon clown helped he pushed all the corals that fell under the rocks out so I could get them and replace them where they belong , I gave him a few live feeder shrimp as a reward
smart little guy :D
now I need to go do a 15% wc on my 37g bowfront now let's see if the clarkie is just as helpful :D

That sounds awesome. Very interactive fish you have!

I was doing my daily check on everyone in my planted 70 and found that 2 of my rasboras seem to have some sort of fungal infection. Looks like I'm going to have to do a 50% pwc tomorrow morning and medicate the tank

Attachments

• image-3286386059.jpg
    image-3286386059.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 57
  • image-2721252933.jpg
    image-2721252933.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 73
Nothing worked all day long.

Didn't even get their lights turned on. :eek:

So what do you think is it better to leave the lights on for 9-12 hours straight or off. (for a day) I never leave it off all day long but I was worried about it being on so long straight.

I can't set up timers yet, they are in storage somewhere.

Feeding them now and getting the lights on for awhile.

The number of infected rasbonas has gone from 2 to 4. Did the 50% pwc and medicated the tank. I'm just hoping it doesn't wipe out the entire school of them or spread to any other fish in the tank. The 2 first infected are not doing well at all I they do not improve by tomorrow I feel like I should put them out of their misery.

It's times like this I wish I had a qt/hospital tank.

Jarred the last three betta fry so I can start a new spawn soon, and I siphoned off an absurd amount of poop from my qt tank. Seriously... plecos can POOP! Two inch long juvies and I am pretty sure I sucked up roughly their body weight in poop yesterday and then the same amount today.

Back
Top Bottom