What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
of course i know thats the turtles are all 2 inches and the plecos are one inch lol im getting a 75 gallon very soon

of course i know thats the turtles are all 2 inches and the plecos are one inch lol im getting a 75 gallon very soon

How many turtles? And atleast your gonna upgrade. When purchasing fish, you should take into account their adult size so they can live as happy as possible. The turtles definitely should have their own tank because 1 baby turtle is equal to around 10 goldfish in waste production. You definitely need major filtration if you decide to keep your turtle in the same tank as your fish and definitely expect to lose a few fish

ive had my turtles for about 3 years they have never eaten one fish i dont know why i have 3 btw

Panic time! The 20 I moved my cray into is majorly leaking. Like its less than half full, and its too late to do anything tonight. So im going to get up early, catch them all, break down the tank and get the stuff for a reseal tomorrow! Now to just hope I can sleep.

Panic time! The 20 I moved my cray into is majorly leaking. Like its less than half full, and its too late to do anything tonight. So im going to get up early, catch them all, break down the tank and get the stuff for a reseal tomorrow! Now to just hope I can sleep.

Uh oh! Too late to move them into a tupperware container or 5g bucket for the night? If not I definitely would just In case the seal breaks overnight.
Good luck with resealing it! I've always hated doing that

How'd it go last night? Is everybody okay?

I got a new 30g afew days ago and it came with a power head sponge.

Its called the 550 t head by a german company aqua szuts. It looks kool and has water flow controls.

Would this be any good for a second filter or should i look at something else? If you aquired this filter would you use it or not?

ForumRunner_20130828_141420.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130828_141321.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130828_141321.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 70
I got a new 30g afew days ago and it came with a power head sponge.

Its called the 550 t head by a german company aqua szuts. It looks kool and has water flow controls.

Would this be any good for a second filter or should i look at something else? If you aquired this filter would you use it or not?

View attachment 194899

Post a video of it in operation!

Suspicious neon tetra UPDATE

After 3 days in QT, our neon tetra really looks and seems fine. I'm not sure what the problem was but there does not appear to be one now...

He/she is no longer bloated and is swimming normally so we returned him/her to our main tank with the other neons and otos.

We are going to start slowly increasing % of RO water in our water changes for this tank.

Post a video of it in operation!

No time to make a video. But you could hazard a good guess to how it works. Water gets sucked into the intake through the sponge then out. Theres an airline, flow control and flow direction. Anyone used something like this? Would it make a
Good second filter or should i buy something else.

How'd it go last night? Is everybody okay?

I'm about to get started, once I have some caffeine in me. It was too late last night to start breaking it down, I was doing my nightly check and feeding when I noticed. So first step will be to clean their old tank, then move them, then drain whats in the tank and scoop out the sand. Take it outside, hose it off, let it dry while I head to lowes for silicone!

I had a nightmare that all of my tanks were suddenly leaking... not cool.

No time to make a video. But you could hazard a good guess to how it works. Water gets sucked into the intake through the sponge then out. Theres an airline, flow control and flow direction. Anyone used something like this? Would it make a

Depends on whats gonna be in the tank. If its gonna be heavily planted then thats a good one to use. Looks pretty big

First steps of breaking down the cray tank are done! Crays are moved, tank was drained and cleaned, its now drying and in a little while I am off to get silicone. Gonna set up a fan in there to help dry the damp carpet in a bit.

Removed another dead rummy nose from my QT. That leaves three. Got the temp up to 86 F. The three remaining seem fine except for the ich spots. They are swimming and eating normally. I'm still hopeful I can save them.

My DT look awesome. Fiddled the the hoses and output on the new Fluval 206 canister I installed last night. May need to get another suction cup to hold the output in position. It seems the weight of the hose keeps moving it higher in the tank. Maybe with a little effort I can "train" it to stay where I want it.

It looks like a powerhead with a big prefilter. No harm as a second filter, but from what I can see its really a powerhead first and a filter second.

I did a large pwc on my 70 planted. Finally tally is 3 dead rasboras not too bad in the grand scheme of things. No other type of fish got sick. While I was at it I also trimmed and removed some plants.

Then had to euthanize a platy from my daughters tank. It seems to have injured/damaged its swim bladder. It was all twisted and floating barely alive. So I did another large pwc on her tank

Finally tally is 3 dead rasboras not too bad in the grand scheme of things. No other type of fish got sick...

...Then had to euthanize a platy from my daughters tank.

Sorry for your losses, any idea what caused these issues?

Back
Top Bottom