What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got three replacement guppies se messed up on return of dead fish lol it was a return of 1$ sale guppy but she refunded 3.29 I told her but she said its ok an let me keep it that was so I got 2 males and one female to add to my 3 females in 10 gal one male is a cobra guppy one tuxedo male guppy and a nice female with spots on her tail I alo got reg thermometer for 10 and 29 gal that attach inside for better water temp accuracy on sale plus moms discount for 1$ each including tax

image-1533824095.jpg my guppies were on sale so cobra was 2.99 and the rest only a dollar :)

My order of shrimp ship out today so i have been getting all the new stuff ready for them..

This is one piece of dw that had holes drilled in for them to hide in

IMG016-1-1.jpg
I have a few spots that need to be touched up but mostly done ;)

20g water change on my 75g reef along with a vinegar soak on all pumps and the skimmer. Solid day and its just past noon here. Not bad!!

My order of shrimp ship out today so i have been getting all the new stuff ready for them..

Thats really an awesome idea, well done buddy.

Caught all feeder guppy fry (all about a week old ad up ) to trade for Betta had horrible accident while transporting Betta the tank spilt completely so stopped in middle of road and squeezed water out from 6 month old filters I got from a cycled tank to try finish my cycle.... Rushed home in 15 min and gave it fresh treated water added Melafix a tiny amount and praying he lives . The I added filters to my tanks

image-50427191.jpg will test water tomorrow in 10 and 29 gal tht I added media too. 10 been up for 2-3 weeks and 29 for 1 1/2 month

Caught all feeder guppy fry (all about a week old ad up ) to trade for Betta had horrible accident while transporting Betta the tank spilt completely so stopped in middle of road and squeezed water out from 6 month old filters I got from a cycled tank to try finish my cycle.... Rushed home in 15 min and gave it fresh treated water added Melafix a tiny amount and praying he lives . The I added filters to my tanks

will test water tomorrow in 10 and 29 gal tht I added media too. 10 been up for 2-3 weeks and 29 for 1 1/2 month

I think it will be fine. Bettas have a labyrinth gill so they can breathe air. You'd be surprised how long bettas can last outside water. Obviously it stresses them to high heavens, but with the Melafix and fresh treated water I think it will survive. Fingers crossed!

View attachment 197549 will test water tomorrow in 10 and 29 gal tht I added media too. 10 been up for 2-3 weeks and 29 for 1 1/2 month

Sounds like a scary emergency. He looks ok. Very beautiful color!!!

View attachment 197466

That looks like fun, do any of the holes go all the way through?

I fed frozen brine shrimp to everyone. They all love brine shrimp day!

Trying to figure out some additional lighting for my 72G. Posted thread in equipment section for thoughts...

Sounds like a scary emergency. He looks ok. Very beautiful color!!!

That looks like fun, do any of the holes go all the way through?

No i told jamie to go about halfway which most of that piece is hollow anyway but my thinking was halfway through would mean added apartments so to speak..lol that way once they start reproducing ill have space to add more hidey holes.. ;)

Rearranged tanks after getting a dozen free Molly newborn fry from Petsmart and buying two peppered cory cat not sure age they look like half inch long or a bit more .

I now have 2 endler guppy males an one guppy male in 2.5 with snail.
about 12 Molly fry newborn and 8 guppy fry in ten gal with 4 endler feeder guppy male tht are 3-4 months old i think.
in 29 gal i tuxedo guppy and 1 cobra guppy male guppy and 5 female guppy about full grown , 2 younge peppered cory cat and a slightly older peppered cory cat . My new Betta is still alive :) going to do water tests tonight

The cory cats all found each other and are staying together lol so cute cuz the one is almost twice the other 2 size

Found my 37G tank was a little cloudy and then realized my intake tube was bumped and my AC110 was barely trickling. Adjusted things around and now it is kickin full blast. Will do a pwc also to help clean it up.

Got a new Betta closest to purple I eer seen at prtsmart 5$

image-1721193957.jpg

He looks more purple in person in natural light

Attachments

• image-1023081035.jpg
    image-1023081035.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 66
  • image-2174698242.jpg
    image-2174698242.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 59
Wish you can see I person much more purple I person will try get pic in natural light I morning .. On another note the used filter from a 55 gal r helping my 29 and 10 water tests for them is
Ammonia .5
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
Ph 7
Alkalinity 60
Hardness 75

2.5 is odd (was adding coral calcium)
Had same amonia nitrate nitrite as others
Ph 8
Alkalinity and hardness 100
And all had no chloramine or chlorine
Last water change was Monday
This was Petsmart free with strips
I will get a kit tomorrow an do water changes tomorrow to be safe while safe on weekend conference
Did water change on 2.5

I've been without Internet for a few days so I haven't been on here, but yesterday I started resealing my 20 long. I still have a ways to go but I got the old silicone out. I'm waiting for my finger to heal before I clean the residue out and reseal it. I didn't have any holder for the razor blade I used and the end of it sliced my index finger a bit and made a massive blister... Which was immediately broken by the 20 or so cuts made by the not sharp end of the blade. I also nicked every nail on my right hand a few times. Next time I reseal I am wearing gloves!

Back
Top Bottom