What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been without Internet for a few days so I haven't been on here, but yesterday I started resealing my 20 long. I still have a ways to go but I got the old silicone out. I'm waiting for my finger to heal before I clean the residue out and reseal it. I didn't have any holder for the razor blade I used and the end of it sliced my index finger a bit and made a massive blister... Which was immediately broken by the 20 or so cuts made by the not sharp end of the blade. I also nicked every nail on my right hand a few times. Next time I reseal I am wearing gloves!

Sounds like you were torturing yourself. PLEASE wear gloves and get a holder thing...please!

On a sadder note, my Betta / the Red, White and Blue, community guy passed away today. I have had him about 3 years and I could see he didn't look like he was feeling well last night and this morning he was passed. :bawl: Sad. :(

Here is a cute pic of him lounging on the soaking Cholla wood, he thought this was his personal lounging couch and loved it, til it sank, and then on occasion would still lay on it in the lower part of the tank.

60074-albums9317-picture50084.jpg

Sounds like you were torturing yourself. PLEASE wear gloves and get a holder thing...please!

On a sadder note, my Betta / the Red, White and Blue, community guy passed away today. I have had him about 3 years and I could see he didn't look like he was feeling well last night and this morning he was passed. :bawl: Sad. :(

Here is a cute pic of him lounging on the soaking Cholla wood, he thought this was his personal lounging couch and loved it, til it sank, and then on occasion would still lay on it in the lower part of the tank.

I'm sorry you lost him. And yeah, next time there will be gloves! I didn't notice the blistering til after I was done, sadly, just the blade going into my nails. Yeah, ruined my nice long nails. However the nails saved my fingers from slices from the blade.

Did 60%ish water change on 2.5 last night

Trading my orange regular Betta with mom for halfmoon double tail that is opaque whitish silver with purplish tips will post pic later and will do 50% water change on 10 and 29 gal . Also plan to buy maybe a bigger Betta bowl and API low test kit once Im off work

Treated my dads tank with bucket of water conditioned with prime mixed with super ick meds 5 1/2 packets cuz he has 55 gal . I saw one fis ick well progressed an a few with a spot or two on them . He probably or them from free fish he got two days ago . I also had removed one dead fish . I traded with my mom I gave her my orange Betta for this one

image-2688066424.jpg

Looks more purple in person

Attachments

• image-3333104757.jpg
    image-3333104757.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 68
Treated my dads tank with bucket of water conditioned with prime mixed with super ick meds 5 1/2 packets cuz he has 55 gal . I saw one fis ick well progressed an a few with a spot or two on them . He probably or them from free fish he got two days ago . I also had removed one dead fish . I traded with my mom I gave her my orange Betta for this one

View attachment 197849

Looks more purple in person

Pretty Betta! But I love the orange one too. Hope your treatment goes well.

Did double 40% pwc on the 37G. Cleaned sponge prefilter.

Added water to all tanks and fed the shrimp.

We are having mass of rain and there is flooding in the area and we had a momentary loss of power and my 6.6G Edge pump stalled and didn't restart, I noticed about an hour later when I went in to feed them.

I plan to clean the filter and maybe buy a back up, install the new one and keep the old one for the back up. I can't have it go out like that!!!

No one else would notice it and it could cause problems with the little Shrimp.:eek:

Made me think I really need some back up air pumps. I have a inverter I can use with the car but that is a lot of gas for any length of time.

Lost one of my alto. Comps this morning :(

Then my shrimp and snails didnt.arrive today but will have them tomorrow for sure..

Adding the driftwood to my tank today it should be dry i let it sit a extra day for good measure....(siliconed a piece of slate to it)

Gotta figure out where i want the other piece.... mayb the cray tank idk yet..

Then my shrimp and snails didnt.arrive today but will have them tomorrow for sure..

Adding the driftwood to my tank today it should be dry i let it sit a extra day for good measure....(siliconed a piece of slate to it)

So sorry your fish didn't get better :(.

It's always more fun to get packages on Fridays :p

So power went out ...I of course my part of house with tanks so tanks that are trying to cycle went like over4 hours no filtration out air ..... I ended moving ten gal with fry to basement where we had electricity did 75% water chane and added fis from 29 gal to it added xtra plants and tripled filters in the 29 gal and moved 2.5 as well so 10 gal has 3 about 1 inch cory cat fish 4 feeder guppy endler male half inch long 8 or less guppy fry 1 week old and about 12 newborn Molly fry 2 male guppy and 5 female guppy 1- 2 inch long and am going to do part water change on 2.5 image-1005826811.jpg This is temporary until I can do water change tomorrow I am beat...

So sorry your fish didn't get better :(.

Thanks... Hubbys not helping he is trying though keeps picking and saying i committed 2nd degree murder n when pixie (his dog) gives him the evidence ill be charged with 1st degree. I just dont find it funny today mayb later :(

Yea Ayi .. i was just hoping to have sonething to take my mind off been eyeballing my tanks like crazy freaked out when i couldnt find a fish.. turns out its a female holding for the first time so shes in between rocks

Oh on a positive got 2 red ramshorn sacs in my invert tank hoping to see them hatch...

I did absoultely nothing with my tanks today... This is what 9th grade does to a fish lover... Especially being a straight A student in honors classes adding extra homework... Being smart yet again ruins my life... lol!

I did absoultely nothing with my tanks today... This is what 9th grade does to a fish lover... Especially being a straight A student in honors classes adding extra homework... Being smart yet again ruins my life... lol!

Just seems that way :flowers: Sounds like my DD who is a senior this year, though not a HUGE fish lover, just an appreciator, but one who feels being smart (A student and college credit classes) and pretty and responsible and socially conscious, (and having a job,) is a heavy burden! ;)

My 37G cleared up and is looking so much better!

Yea Ayi .. i was just hoping to have sonething to take my mind off been eyeballing my tanks like crazy freaked out when i couldnt find a fish.. turns out its a female holding for the first time so shes in between rocks

I always get freaked out when I can't find a fish. I couldn't find one of my danios, turns out it was in the aquaclear.

By any chance could I put any comps in a 36g with yellow labs, auratus and peacocks?

YES. I'm also a 9th grader with honors classes and it takes away so much time in the day. I have to take five minute breaks every hour to look at my fish tank! :D

Today I turned my aquarium light on and stared at it for a while wishing my cycle would finally start (it's been doing nothing for a month now) so I could stare at fish, not an empty tank :(

Back
Top Bottom