What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's awkward. Perhaps you should knock first? Or announce your presence. Idk. Lol

Teach them to hang a tie on the doorknob?

Not doing anything with my tanks today, just going to see some big ones! Yaaaaay aquarium trip!

Teach them to hang a tie on the doorknob?

Not doing anything with my tanks today, just going to see some big ones! Yaaaaay aquarium trip!

Im just watching my new shrimp cruise around the tank... mayb research to try and find a scientific name so i know what i can /cant mix with them..

Wish i could get the hubby to take me to the aquarium says he never lost nothing in New Orleans.. :/ and dont plan to

Went to the store and bought some bacopa, a moss ball, and my new baby boy, Giovanni (dwarf gourami)!

image-2615049308.jpg

image-1591653292.jpg

image-2398192260.jpg

image-315585791.jpg

Would attach better photos, but he's moving too quickly.

Got plants lava rock and mopani wood

Also partial water changes and some water tests

Busy day

Upgraded from a 10 to 20h. I was wrongly informed about the footprint. I was told they they were the same, but sadly they aren't. I some help quick because my mom doesn't want to spend any more money on my tanks an the hood doesn't fit on the tank. I have several live plants and they will die without light for a few weeks. I'll post this in the planted section too. Thanks!

Upgraded from a 10 to 20h. I was wrongly informed about the footprint. I was told they they were the same, but sadly they aren't. I some help quick because my mom doesn't want to spend any more money on my tanks an the hood doesn't fit on the tank. I have several live plants and they will die without light for a few weeks. I'll post this in the planted section too. Thanks!

Try see if you have two sturdy pieces of metal that you can lay across your tank. Then you could place the lid on that, granted it will not keep your fish from jumping out. But you could get light to your tank.

This is what I've got so far.

Scared for you for getting electrocuted! You can get an fairly inexpensive piece of acrylic from a hardware store, or a piece of glass which will cover the top so it can not possibly fall in.

Just prop up the light against the back of the glass on the rear facing to the front. (or front facing the back if the light would bother someone else in the room)

I used this technique with a plastic tub I used as a back up "tank" when I was unexpectedly given a bunch of fish for a tank I hadn't been able to set up. Then after that I just used the light on some plastic tubs for the extra plants I got too and it worked great.

Use your 2x4 to get the light up higher to reach right next to where the plants are.

I have a desk lamp clamped beside my tank giving it light..i left 2inches empty so the betta would jump which he isnt a jumper anyway..

Scared for you for getting electrocuted! You can get an fairly inexpensive piece of acrylic from a hardware store, or a piece of glass which will cover the top so it can not possibly fall in.

Just prop up the light against the back of the glass on the rear facing to the front. (or front facing the back if the light would bother someone else in the room)

I used this technique with a plastic tub I used as a back up "tank" when I was unexpectedly given a bunch of fish for a tank I hadn't been able to set up. Then after that I just used the light on some plastic tubs for the extra plants I got too and it worked great.

Use your 2x4 to get the light up higher to reach right next to where the plants are.

I'll see if she can take me to lowes tomorrow. What do you mean prop it up against the back glass?

Day of Doom?

Well our town water is contaminated and every where around us is flooded.

It is now pouring rain and I wouldn't be surprised if we get an evacuation notice before long.

I have all the lights on in the tanks just in case the electric goes out they will get a last amount of light till I don't know when. Fed everybody.

Pray for us, (my family is alright, but apprehensive) so many people around us have had life changing experiences, in the local areas most water is contaminated and roads and bridges have been washed out and made unstable. The rivers and streams have gone way over the banks. This area has a bunch of water because of the rivers, it is a waterway more or less.

They are saying 500 year flood. We have had as much water fall in 4 days as we normally have ALL year.

So if I end up not posting for awhile, that is why.

It is now pouring rain and I wouldn't be surprised if we get an evacuation notice before long.

Pray for us, (my family is alright, but apprehensive) so many people around us have had life changing experiences, in the local areas most water is contaminated and roads and bridges have been washed out and made unstable. The rivers and streams have gone way over the banks. This area has a bunch of water because of the rivers, it is a waterway more or less.

They are saying 500 year flood. We have had as much water fall in 4 days as we normally have ALL year.

Hope the weather gets better soon. Sounds like a flood!!! It's terrible that you guys might have to evacuate. Here in Hawaii, the floods can get crazy, but not as crazy as what your going through.

I give you, your family, and fishes my blessing. Stay safe friends!

I have all the lights on in the tanks just in case the electric goes out they will get a last amount of light till I don't know when. Fed everybody.

Keeping you and all of your area in my prayers. Try to stay positive everything will be ok

I think this was on the news where I live in England. Hope you're all okay

I'll see if she can take me to lowes tomorrow. What do you mean prop it up against the back glass?

Yes lay up against the glass, vertically instead of horizontally.

Well tried to go to work but all the roads were closed. We were on TV Denver channel 7 a little while ago.

Back
Top Bottom