What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did nothing with my tanks yesterday but I did pickup a nice RAOK from a fellow SCAPE member in the SFV yesterday

About 10-12 bunches of Blyxa J
20130917_203238.jpg

And a few random stems to try in my new 23G when I get around to starting it
7b896GY1J4641VmADA68PjZCA7kMLeu8F5Ry2z24oS4=w649-h487-no

WOW nice roak!!!

Just ordered new Eco-Complete, Prime, Flourish, Micro Pellets, and Shrimp Cuisine for my mom's Birthday present, online. Ordering her new fish - a school of 8 Celestial Pearl Danios from PC1. Going to send her a bunch of Fire Red Cherry shrimp, (and a maybe a little school of Boraras Brigittae, too) with a bunch of plants and Moss.

Finally getting to redo her tank. She is in another state and I will be visiting in a few weeks! :dance:

Found one of our CAEs dried out on the kitchen floor this morning :(

He must have jumped out of our grow bucket tank overnight and went to that big algae farm up in the sky

Well looks like I lost a Molly fry maybe a endler guppy tried to eat it Since i have 4 that are about 2 months or more old ..... the molly fry eas bent and stuck to intake it has net on it . i had just done wc before it died .Not sure how many Molly and guppy fry I have they are hard to count I started with 12 Molly free from store ad 8 guppy fry

Spent my whole morning doing pwc changes on the smaller tanks and scrubbing algae off the fake plants.. feeding some of the tanks and just general cleaning i had slacked on while our water was acting up .. got my plants in today too

Got two Julius cory catfish finally I bought them tonight cuz tomorrow is new shipment at store . They are only about 1 inch long so half grown ... Sighn says they get 2 inch. They are in my guppy/ Molly fry tank. After a week or two I will add them to 29 gal with 3 peppered cory cat that get 3 inch at full grown and with my 3 male fancy guppies and 5 fancy female guppies :)

Got my plants put in... they need some tlc the heat kinda wilted them some ...

ForumRunner_20130918_233304.jpg

ForumRunner_20130918_233356.jpg

Trying to figure out how to add plants to my cray tank without them moving them around or plants having to float :/

Got my plants put in... they need some tlc the heat kinda wilted them some ...

Trying to figure out how to add plants to my cray tank without them moving them around or plants having to float :/

What plants are those?

Top pic looks like Hygrophila Difformis, bottom pic I can't tell...

What is the challenge in planting them?

All Water sprites ...

Perhaps you can use fine thread or fishing line at the surface of the tank as a "corral" to keep them in place (at one side/corner for instance). This should still allow light to pass through to other sections of the tank and keep curious pincers from carving up the greenery.

Oh my gosh Fresh! You just solved a problem I have been fighting in 3 of my tanks with light being blocked by these guys THANK YOU FRIEND!

Oh my gosh Fresh! You just solved a problem I have been fighting in 3 of my tanks with light being blocked by these guys THANK YOU FRIEND!

Awesome! If you ever have too many shrimp, let me know :)

I have Salvinia and it is so small and flat the fishing line does not always contain it. I usually just scoop it out.

Thanks fresh i removed it ...lol cant stand it floating kept thinking i need to plant it again...

I got my yellow neo shrimp in today and some purple mystery snails..

My crays maybe parents again in 3 weeks.. i saw eggs im pretty sure shes staying in her cave so hard to tell...

I also added shrimp to the cray tank gonna see how it goes.. so far so good shrimp see to not care about the crays the mystery snail is the only aware party in the tank...lol
Added hideouts only shrimp can fit ...
Fixing to research dwarf crays for my invert tank as the hubby wants more crays says he cant hardly se the shrimp...lol

Seems the Molly fry I got for free either can't handle my cheap diet or the stress from being moved a newborns has finally got to them only had them about a week and they are dying off.... I have lost a few guppy fry as well . Next time in trying a diff diet

Just got a fish tank from an ad in the newspaper.

Used 10g, with one unidentified freshwater angel fish.

Wth do I do with the angel fish?
he is 4"-5".

Back
Top Bottom