What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well saw a female looked like her a lil Niger with black spot n top fin so got her an another dwarf gourami.. Hope it gets alon with sunset or I will move sunset to 20 gal and have the new in 29 g I'm quarentinug in 2g bucket with heater and air so will do WC frequently

Awesome, new additions!

Gonna check the Qt tank for more babies.

Well I moved my favorite males to 29 and put the guppy and gourami in 20 for qt threw some baby fry in there too

I did a 30% pwc today on my 10 gal nano reef. I also bought some aragonite sand and put a nice layer of it on top of my pool filter sand. It looks much nicer. I also added an emerald crab today. And before the water change I went on an aiptasia killing spree. I will do it again in a few days.

I topped off my 55 gal and 35 gal freshwater tanks. I also bought some shrimp pellets to feed the Featherfin catfish. I contemplated what fish to restock in my 35. The Featherfin had Ich and it wiped out my neons and 6 of my rummynose tetras. :(. I should have QT'd the Featherfin but the fish store said they had him for a few weeks and he looked healthy to me. He had been surrendered to the fish store because his owners were moving to ohio. He had been in a tank by himself for observation so they could make sure he was healthy before they sold him. *sigh*. I am going to surrender my remaining rummynose and probably get 4 long finned zebra danios to add to my school of long finned leopard danios.

Wife got tired of staring at the open shelves of the shrimp tank stand (did not care much for it either) so I added a pair of base cabinet doors that were lying around in the garage. Turned out okay. I may take the doors off and paint them black to match the stand.
vkwVKxH.jpg

Wife got tired of staring at the open shelves of the shrimp tank stand (did not care much for it either) so I added a pair of base cabinet doors that were lying around in the garage. Turned out okay. I may take the doors off and paint them black to match the stand.
very nice!

Checked my 20 g and 29 g the new dwarf gourami in 20 is starting to hide less and I think I discovered one surviving Molly fry from the free newborns I got weeks ago ... It doesn't look like my guppy fry

Got some shrimp today! Did not have much time to spend with them when they arrived, so I setup a drip line and will introduce them into the shrimp tank in a few hours.
6BL5T8Y.jpg

Got a new, larger, glass lid for our 8G JBJ AIO tank to keep our endlers in... these suckers jump!

Found 2-3 new endler fry... they guys are prolithic breeders. Future endler RAOK for sure.

Dropped ferts in all tanks, Flourish on weds and sundays.

Fed our CPO, he's a hungry bugger and has molted twice in less than a month!

Fed our betta, he eats 2x per day and jumps over dwarf watter lettuce floating to get to his food... crazy fish.

Fed shrimp carrot, they love it.

Reduced overall feeding schedule on all tanks, skipping every other day, let them learn to forrage like in the real world.

I want to change background is it safe to paint with acrylic paint has no smell would leave 2inc fro top unpainted ... I can't buy chocolate brown background

I want to change background is it safe to paint with acrylic paint has no smell would leave 2inc fro top unpainted ... I can't buy chocolate brown background
. You're talking about painting the back of your tank? As long as you paint the outside and not the inside I imagine you can use whatever paint you want. Just make sure the room is ventilated when you're painting. I used black spray paint on my tank. Why are you going to leave 2 inches unpainted? Unless it is a rimless tank I don't see why you can't paint the entire background.

All of my tanks that have backgrounds are painted with acrylic paint. It's fine, no need to avoid painting the top bit unpainted.

It's acrlic paint for painting pictures and has no smell I want to do it with my fish still inside

vkwVKxH.jpg

Looks darn good!

Looks darn good!

Thanks! I have to credit this one to my wife because it was her suggestion to use the old cabinet doors that were collecting dust in the garage. And the fit is near perfect (looks like they were made for the stand). Also used surplus hardware from another project (night stand). The hardest part was lining up the doors with new hinges.

Back
Top Bottom