What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could i breed them in my refugium in my 37g reef? And then put the, in FW?
No, nerites are weirdos haha. When the eggs hatch, they go into a planktonic stage. After several of these, they finally turn into baby snails. So in a refugium they would just be eaten after they enter the DT. I remember my LFS (of which i stopped going to last year) was getting theirs from a local guy who bred them in a spare 10 gallon with no inhabitants except nerites. He did daily water changes and fed them coral food. I don't remember exactly what, but I'd imagine it was phytoplankton because that's the smallest.

My mystery snail has been busy i have 4 clutches and i think its looking for another place now... my cray is coming out more and more but still has eggs..although i think she is thinning them out bc she doesnt have as many as before... i like always have several female african cichlids holding..

Need to order some more floating plants i just hate to pay for plants then kill them bc thats how it always works .. if i buy it then it always dies if someone gives it to me then it lives.. thats messed up !!! Oh well ill prolly take the plunge and buy some anyway..

All i have done is feed my tanks and check temps

AutumnSky sry for ur lose :(

Need to order some more floating plants i just hate to pay for plants then kill them bc thats how it always works .. if i buy it then it always dies if someone gives it to me then it lives.. thats messed up !!! Oh well ill prolly take the plunge and buy some anyway..

Congrats on your fish friends progress! Hope you get shrimp, that would be neat.

& I would love to ship you a floater, but I wouldn't know how much it would cost. I got the money and wouldn't mind trying free of charge, but I live in hawaii...

★As for topic, had to do WC on guppy QT accidentally spilled a bunch of food. Normally I pinch with my fingers, but I just washed my hands. *sigh* Anyway taken care of=)

I did a 50% wc on my hex tank. Took out all the stuff and rearranged the tank. I'm hoping it looks good. Hopefully the water will be cleared up by tomorrow.

Today I fed my fish and did a partial water change! I also discovered that the upside down catfish I thought was a goner months ago is very much alive and well! I was shocked because he was HUGE! How could I have missed him? LOL

Rearranged and cleaned one tank. Bought plastic shower soap caddys with suction cups at walmart to use as ledges in my tang tank. Picked small red and blue rocks. Bought anubias at petco. Placed the rocks in caddys with anubias attched to caddys by carefully pulling roots through holes and placed in tank. Yep, fun everyday. I never stop. I like it. Gave fish a place to hide along tank walls without rocking the whole thing up a mile high and added nice greenery and dimension. Now for the fish to use them and me watch the plants grow. Some New buddies coming tomorrow!

Added silicon I got from ace that said aquarium safe. I put in on inside of my. 2 1/2 gal with slate bottom and metal frame cuz it had a tiny drip leave in two corners . I had got it for 3$

Today I committed murder on a lot of aiptasia. It was fun. Claude, my cleaner shrimp, was going to town on my hand and arm! I also discovered who was pushing sand out from inside the rocks making a "den". It's Blue! (He's a yellow tail blue damsel). He uses his tail and swishes it really fast making current that blows the water out of his home. And all this time I thought it was the shrimp or hermits. I will stop pushing the sand back in there. Lol!

Yesterday I did a 21 gal water change on my 35 gal hex. After a recent bout of Ich when I brought home an adult Featherfin cat, and the fact that I completely removed all the decorations and plants, the water really needed changing. I rearranged the tank making a large cave for Jeremy Feathers (the catfish) and opening up the floor of the tank so that he could swim more freely. I think he is much happier now! I took out the lemon Bacopa and water wisteria. It didn't really do that well. My swords suffered from the higher temp during the Ich treatment but the crypts and Anubias seemed to fare pretty well. And also- it's not that yellow. My iPhone was picking up weird colors.

Here is before:
57623-albums11502-picture51693.png

And here is after:
57623-albums11502-picture62571.png

57623-albums11502-picture62569.png

Congrats on your fish friends progress! Hope you get shrimp, that would be neat.

& I would love to ship you a floater, but I wouldn't know how much it would cost. I got the money and wouldn't mind trying free of charge, but I live in hawaii

Thanks its always nice to see them doing so well its like a sense of accomplishment..lol Thanks for the offer but im sure it wouldnt b cheap to ship from that far.. Im way down in Louisiana ....;)

Back to thread topic: I actually cleaned my cray tank and as soon as I put the vac in the shrimp came out all where I needed to vac so I didnt get it as good as I wanted but its partially cleaned.. you would think it would be my cleanest tank around 10 yellow neo shrimp 2 blue crays and a snail thats it and its actually more dirty then my african cichlid tank at least upon first look.. Cant see poop in the 125g the sand n rocks hides it ;) and i clean it alot ..

Well I checked on my Blue Velvets and OEBT shrimp.

It seems I have at least 8 of the original 10 BV but one is a Red Rili, and two have a lot of red coloring and two have a tiny bit and at least 3 are perfect, blue no red...The others could just be in the moss, it is a mass of moss and plants in there making it difficult to see the shrimp except at feeding time.

Found the Assassin snail was out at the feeding trough. as were the snails, can't tell if A snail was eating a food chunk or a snail.

My beautiful blue OEBT came out, I didn't see the light blue one with the orange tail today YET. I think I will be taking the OEBTs out and put in with the Fire Red Cherry shrimp, I have a few days to decide.

Still trying to whittle down the number of tanks which will need feeding while I am away.

I am having a difficult time deciding on the fish shuffle!

Redistributing them now that I am adding the pair of Koi Angelfish to the 37G so they can have their eggs in peace. Think I will hang a plastic needle point craft panel in the tank to offer some protection for the babies if any make it and so I can add a cloud of Moss over there for extra food as well and keep it from floating onto the intake sponge (prefilter type thing).

Moving the remainder of the fish to the two other tanks.

Going to do a 50% pwc on the 72G and start thinking about a FX-5 canister filter cleanout :eek:

Fish are fun, fish are fun, fish are a lot of work, fish can make you crazy, fish are fun, fish are fun!!! :fish2:

I just hope they will be alive when I get back from my trip.

I need to start getting all my light timers gathered up so I can make sure they work right...

Today my new buddies arrived for my 75g Tang Tank. I introduced them into the tank. So far so good, but I have one struggler in the corner. We'll see how he does by tomorrow. Everyone else, swimming around like home. New fish are fun.

Today my new buddies arrived for my 75g Tang Tank. I introduced them into the tank. So far so good, but I have one struggler in the corner. We'll see how he does by tomorrow. Everyone else, swimming around like home. New fish are fun.

Eek. 75 gallon tang tank???

Eek. 75 gallon tang tank???
Sounds a bit fishy too me. Anybody? No? Okay. Haha

Anyways, yeah. What stock is in there, trustemedia? Tang only? Even the smallest of tangs should be in a 90 gallon at least IMO. One wouldn't be considered overstocked, but it won't fit as it grows in a tank that size. Do you have future plans? I wouldn't want you to lose a bunch of fish.

Hope they are all okay!

★As for topic, my brothers friends came over to the house so I showed them my tanks since they were interested. Did a WC on the dirted tank, fed all fish =)

Sounds a bit fishy too me. Anybody? No? Okay. Haha

Anyways, yeah. What stock is in there, trustemedia? Tang only? Even the smallest of tangs should be in a 90 gallon at least IMO. One wouldn't be considered overstocked, but it won't fit as it grows in a tank that size. Do you have future plans? I wouldn't want you to lose a bunch of fish.

I think he is talking about tanganyikan cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom