What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah I see. In that case, never mind. Haha. I love tanganyikans. My favorite is shell dwellers. Not as much colors as other cichlids but so much personality. :D

Yes, I keep gold occellatus, xenotilapia ochrogenys ndole bay, enantiopius melanogenys, callochromis stappersii raspberry head, and cyprichromis microlepidotus caramba.

Yes, I keep gold occellatus, xenotilapia ochrogenys ndole bay, enantiopius melanogenys, callochromis stappersii raspberry head, and cyprichromis microlepidotus caramba.
Ah I see. I used to absolutely love gold occellatus. I had a pair in my 10 gallon before I converted it to saltwater. They were tiny in my tank, and now they're big (bigger at least lol) in my friends tanganyika tank.

Anyways back on topic. I dosed my tanks with seachem flourish today. Things are starting to grow in much much much better. My planted jar is almost finished with its cycle, and about ready for MTS. Also 20% PWC on my 20 gallon freshwater tank.

Oh what a day... honestly i didnt do much just sit and watch my tanks.. love all my water babies but today my snails and shrimp stold the spot light.... such interesting lil characters they are...

The lil red ramshorn is one i got from autumnsky such a cute lil thing it actually crawls close to get my attention when im at the tank... my big mystery snail usually mowes it down though to get over to rub on the glass. Guess it thinks i need a peep show ;) anyone else have crazy snails like mine...lol All my animals dont act like they are supposed to ever..

ForumRunner_20131010_230359.jpg

Autumnsky i took off tomorrow to rest so ill make time to email u ;)

Oh what a day... honestly i didnt do much just sit and watch my tanks.. love all my water babies but today my snails and shrimp stold the spot light.... such interesting lil characters they are...

The lil red ramshorn is one i got from autumnsky such a cute lil thing it actually crawls close to get my attention when im at the tank... my big mystery snail usually mowes it down though to get over to rub on the glass. Guess it thinks i need a peep show ;) anyone else have crazy snails like mine...lol All my animals dont act like they are supposed to ever..

Your snail collage is epic. I love apple snails but don't have one. My 10g dirted is full of just snails. But a decent amount, not an annoying amount ;) Some of my pouch snails like swimming to the surface then back down to the plants. Almost like they are flying. I love watching the snails, I took an algae wafer and dropped it in, within seconds you see the nearest snails flock over. Lol should have took a pic of the "snail pile"

Today my ghost shrimp was chillen' on my Japanese cress I have floating in my 20g, made me worried for a bit.

View attachment 202038

Love the snail pics! I will be working all day, looking forward to hearing from you!!

Tank is clearing up after the big substrate cleaning. 37G fish are getting used to the move over to 72G.

Well just in time for my birthday Petsmart decided to have an awesome fish sale lol so I got 1 male gold platy 1 male orange and yellow guppy an 7 zebra danio for about 5$ lol I may go back for a female platy or 2. New fish are being quarentinrf in a 2 gal bucket with bubbler ad heater and will check levels every day and do water changes :) couldn't pass on the deals lol

Well just in time for my birthday Petsmart decided to have an awesome fish sale lol so I got 1 male gold platy 1 male orange and yellow guppy an 7 zebra danio for about 5$ lol I may go back for a female platy or 2. New fish are being quarantined in a 2 gal bucket with bubbler ad heater and will check levels every day and do water changes :) couldn't pass on the deals lol

Happy birthday! Can't wait till they are acclimated=)

Just turned the on the lights. Feeding fish in a couple hours, then going to the other side of the island for the day.

Thank you and I decided I will buy two female platy after I pick up my dad and then after everyone's qaurentine is over I will be done stocking my tanks . Plus I a giving my guppy fry to my dad . The fry will be at least 4 weeks old once I'm done with qaurentining my new fish :) and when I done with qaurentine male and female guppys will be seperated as well as the platy male from my soon to be females lol ... I am going to return one zebra danio and exchange it... It has one eye... Don't really want a one eyed fish

Today (well last night) I cleaned out the canister filter and fish tank. The filter took 3 goes before I got it primed properly and working. Was just starting to curse it when it decided to work :) Much better flow rates now but I've got my eye on a bigger filter... Still have snails in filter I note but none in tank. I assume my loaches are getting any that make it through to tank.

Re-sank some plants (spend more time fooling around with plants then anything else) and checked the timers. Took 120 litres out of tank and to garden, then filled tank back up again (I tell myself it is good exercise). Spent 5 mins with daughter trying to work out if there is a new baby molly. Then onto watching the world of fish go by ;)

Got two cool lookin male guppy I suspect are crossed with endler so I'm done stocking just have to wait out quarantine

Feeling stupid guess didn't pay attention or they jumped out of net when putting into quarantine ... Now I have to exchange two fish a platy and zebra danio... They were dried out I might not eve exchange I'm to embarrassed to tell them.... Maybe ill just buy new they were only 50cents each

I added some rock work and plants to the 75 gallon to break up lines of sight after removing an aggressive fish and "his woman", but that didn't work. Someone else just took his place, as I thought might happen, so I just put them back and added more break up to the tank. What proceeded was a 10 1/2 minute fight for dominance, no kidding, I taped it all and felt bad that I probably brought it on by removing the dominant male and then putting him back. (face palm). Oh well, live and learn.

I removed my knight gobies from my 30 gallon. I had put them there by themselves so they could breed in peace, but I can't raise the fry, they can't raise the fry, I tried making my own infusoria - bombed out - so, they don't need to be hogging that tank up any longer. They went back to the 55g brackish tank. I then clean up the 30 and replanted it. Now deciding what to do with it. Grow out tank, move my shellies over, something else...?

That's it. For today... LOL

Feeling stupid guess didn't pay attention or they jumped out of net when putting into quarantine ... Now I have to exchange two fish a platy and zebra danio... They were dried out I might not eve exchange I'm to embarrassed to tell them.... Maybe ill just buy new they were only 50cents each

Oh no! Lol it's okay, I wouldn't feel good in returning them=( But hey they could have jumped out. It is probable. And your trying to give your fishes a good home. Just be careful next time. And about your one eye fish, I have a one eyed guppy female. I feel bad for her everytime she comes to the glass for food, but she is happyツ

★As for topic, just got back from the east side of the island, lights on the tank have been on for over 11hrs. Ugh, oh well hopefully never again. Poor albino corys were hiding when I got home=(

I feel slightly guilty that I haven't done a thing, although I will feed everyone soon. I worked a long shift training the worst trainee ever today, then had errends to run and by the time I got some food and got home it was more than 12 hours since I left the house and I was (and still am) exhausted. But the good news is I am off tomorrow and can get all those water changes done. Although I will feel a bit bad destroying so many awesome betta bubble nests.

Edit: while not strictly fish related, my boyfriend caught a toad a few minutes ago and we quickly set up my cracked critter keeper for it so we could keep it for a while. What can I say, we enjoy little animals. I'm still debating over geckos or green anoles for when I set up (clean and make a screen top for) my 20 hex tank, as I want to wait until I can move before I make it a reef. So for now I want little lizards.

Did 50% PWC's on my 50 gallon octagonal and my 55 gallon cichlid tank. Cleaned my eheim
Canister and set up a new one using some of the media from the existing one. So my cichlid tank now has 4 filters running (the new eheim and a new sponge filter getting ready to go over to my new 120 gal tank).

I feel slightly guilty that I haven't done a thing, although I will feed everyone soon. I worked a long shift training the worst trainee ever today, then had errends to run and by the time I got some food and got home it was more than 12 hours since I left the house and I was (and still am) exhausted. But the good news is I am off tomorrow and can get all those water changes done. Although I will feel a bit bad destroying so many awesome betta bubble nests.

Edit: while not strictly fish related, my boyfriend caught a toad a few minutes ago and we quickly set up my cracked critter keeper for it so we could keep it for a while. What can I say, we enjoy little animals. I'm still debating over geckos or green anoles for when I set up (clean and make a screen top for) my 20 hex tank, as I want to wait until I can move before I make it a reef. So for now I want little lizards.

Chameleons!!! They are really awesome.

So I spent quite a bit of time cleaning out dead plant leaves. I need to put in fert capsules this week into the 72G. And probably order some more, they take a couple weeks or so to come, from Thailand. Ferka Stemma and Rosetta (FYI from ebay seller). Moved the tank about 10 inches so I could see it better while sitting on the couch.

Added water to most of the tanks due to evaporation.

A couple days ago my handle for my light on my Chi tank broke or hopefully just fell off, but I think it broke. So I have to move my table lamp over there so the plants will have light.

Tomorrow I will be moving the 6.6 Edge tank into the living room so they will all be in the same location for more simple feeding while I am away.

Fed the fish, changeing out the charcoal and washing down the sponge in the canister filter, did a small wc on the 37g. Im gonna be going to a reef event at one of my lfs, we have 5 tickets in the reef "lottery" were they will be giving out free live sand, skimmers,lighting,filtration,frozen and dry food,buffers,phytoplakton,coral foods,actual corals,and tanks! There will also be an buy or excange area, looking to get a RODI system there. Wish my luck!

Well 2:30 am ended up doing emergency 75% pwc.

The tank hadn't all the way cleared up from the pwc the day before, so I started looking around it and saw some gunk in a corner area which wasn't getting circulation from the return from the FX-5. So I tried moving the directional spout and it fell of making a little cloud of gunk.

Then I decided to check the flow on the intake and it seemed almost nothing.

I popped off the intake screen which is about the size of my hand and boy did the water start moving.

But it let loose a HUGE cloud of particulates making the tank look like a little swamp. There was a glob of slimy gunk that was blocking the neck where the two parts connect and knocking that loose caused an even bigger cloud of brown stuff, the tank looked like a brown mess.

That glob was hidden in the center and not noticeable by just looking at it. aargh!

That explained how the fish haven't been looking so good the last couple days.

Well opening up the flow on the FX-5 really cleaned out some build up I guess.

So gravel vac'ed the harder to get to areas - had already done the easier to get to areas.... and oh goodness have I not smelled such a rotten smell.:eek: WOW!!! I had to open the door to air out the house. Refilled to about 2/3 and let the inflow aerate the tank better.

So now about 7 hours after the water is crystal clear and smells sooooo much better.

Still need to decide when to clean the FX-5 out...and buy a new bottle of Prime!

Back
Top Bottom