What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chameleons!!! They are really awesome.

Yes they are, although a bit delicate to start out with after about 15 years of not keeping reptiles. Plus they eventually need huge tanks. I want one eventually, though.

Later today I am going to clean all the tanks in the fish room. Have to wait until my boyfriend gets home - I need a second person to man the sink end of the python. In the meantime I will get all the small containers done and the 56 gallon. And I need to start mixing water for the salt tank. I think I need to start pulling snails out of my 56 also, because I have had a few mysterious deaths and I need to figure out what is going on and fix it. I've lost 5 female bettas, a bn pleco, and all but one neon tetra over the last couple weeks, and I've only found 3 bodies. I have so many snails the fish just vanish in the night. None have really acted sick before dying, either, although I have one sick looking platy now.

Did 50% WC on 29 and 20 gal. Switched my new fish from 20 gal to my 29 gal to make room to quarantine my new male guppys and zebra danio school of 8 .. I'm gonna call the zebra danio spaz fish . They don't stay still much lol

I'm gonna call the zebra danio spaz fish . They don't stay still much lol

I have 3 long fin leopard danios and yeah- they are SUPER active! I'm thinking about getting 4 more.

Today I spray painted the light on my 35 gal hex. It had black plastic casing. But the tank trim is tan. I thought it looked a bit off so I painted it tan. Looks like it belongs there now. :)

Today I took everything out of my 55 and cleaned it. The water was dirty (particles), so I know the filter was dirty. The gobies make so much sand fly around, it has to be cleaned often and the sand is black so it gets dirty. The did a 50+% water change, cleaned the filter inside and out, scrubbed the walls on the inside, took everything out and cleaned it off, vacuumed real good, removed and then replanted the plants as I rearranged when I put things back in. Tank looks good, water clean, fish swimming happily. I have now officially cleaned out and rescaped 4 tanks in 4 days. One more to go, just the little 10 gallon, though. Nothing but a small water change and vac needed there. I feel accomplished.

Did 50% WC on 29 and 20 gal. Switched my new fish from 20 gal to my 29 gal to make room to quarantine my new male guppys and zebra danio school of 8 .. I'm gonna call the zebra danio spaz fish . They don't stay still much lol

Danios - LOL! Fast little buggers and hard to catch, too!

Brought my sick looking platy to my LFS and the owner agreed with my diagnosis of internal parasites. So I fed the whole tank with food soaked in prazi pro and tomorrow I plan another massive water change before I dose with the parasite clear I bought today. Since the meds should be in for a while I want to be sure the water is nice and fresh before I dose anything.

So I saw a speck like ick on my new fish and took her out and sorta rubbed her gently il it was off and put her back in the tank. No spots today and no one else has any . I have done this before with another fis a mont ago and after no more ich sighns . Interesting it worked last time so I believing it will again. And I prayed for my fish too .

Think I am finished switching things up for awhile!

Just got finished culling my Blue Velvets, there were a couple with red on them and a couple Rili Shrimp, so now there are 5 of those in the 2.5G.

Cleaned the substrate and the prefilter and filters in the 2.5G as well, did a 50% wc before cleaning the filters and then stirred up some gunk so did another 50% pwc.

Only found one, my favorite at least, OEBT left in the tank, so got her into the Fire Red Cherry tank. If she makes it while I am gone, I will get her some more friends.

The Blue, Blue Velvets went to their designated home in the 12G Edge and will be with the Tangerine Tigers also to be picked up after I get back from my trip.

Added water to the other tanks that needed it.

Finally got the table lamp with the grow light over to the table with the Chi tank so the plants won't die. It has the broken light switch handle, so I can't turn it on. Needed it to be moved over there anyway as I have to set all the lights up to timers.

Replanted some of the DHG and a couple plants which got knocked out of the sand in the 6.6 Edge from the albino baby BN Plecos.

Noticed I have a little bit of growth from the Downoi in the 12G Edge, all the other times they have been eaten by something in the tank(s). Pretty excited about that, they are so pretty when they get big!

The other day I added a lone Blackskirt which was a rescue fish, into the 72G with 3 other Blackskirts... Boy did I upset the apple cart! They are chasing around the tank like they have gone mad! Haven't quite figured out if it because they are happy, like a mating ritual or angry...

finished re-finishing this stand for a 90 gal tank.
Looks a lot better now.
- Stripped old stains
- sanded it like 3 times
- applied 3 coats of stain
- added door handles

img_2685614_0_fc56f3a116dc933ab15b4568a7a8025d.jpg

:)Today I cleaned my 55 gallon tank and did the water change! My 3 Goldfish and 2 koi seem happy!!

I enjoy keeping fish,

JonK

Have a guppy floatin in a cup alone she looks as if she will die :( but she had babies... I have another guppy who can have babies any day now

Yeh I'm still learning just seem to have bad lunch with her color female .... Maybe it's something genetic with female of her color and pattern ...

A couple days ago i had to flush a neon... He had neon disease from when i got him at petsmart... I could barley get myself to do it... But it was ether him or everyone in the tank. :(

Fishlover, I was reading a couple pages back where you had a fish with one eye. I have a pug with one eye. She had a cyst in her eyeball that ruptured when she was a puppy. It could have been treated but we had a certain vet tell us she had nothing wrong. But don't get me started on that. Regardless, she is one of the sweetest, most entertaining, slightly psychotic dogs. This is her not very long after it had to be removed. I can't remember what I was taking a picture of but she jumped in front of the camera.

image-831479362.jpg

Now back on topic, I topped off my 20 and 10 as well as tested my params on the 10. Hoping to get some Pygmy cories for it eventually, and maybe some cpds. Im going to start planting it this week.

Fishlover, I was reading a couple pages back where you had a fish with one eye. I have a pug with one eye. She had a cyst in her eyeball that ruptured when she was a puppy. It could have been treated but we had a certain vet tell us she had nothing wrong. But don't get me started on that. Regardless, she is one of the sweetest, most entertaining, slightly psychotic dogs. This is her not very long after it had to be removed. I can't remember what I was taking a picture of but she jumped in front of the camera.

Now back on topic, I topped off my 20 and 10 as well as tested my params on the 10. Hoping to get some Pygmy cories for it eventually, and maybe some cpds. Im going to start planting it this week.

Looks like a lovley little puppy! Wish i had a pug! All i have is 2 cockatiels, a cat, and my 3 fish tanks!

I always wanted a pug or a corgy=) Such a cute puppy, sorry to hear about that=(, & the guppy!

★Fed fishies and did WC on dirted. My tanks look crazy right now. Wish I had more time.

Back
Top Bottom