What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Third day of treatment (Furan-2 + Kanaplex) for a columnaris outbreak in my DT that was entirely my fault - wasn't careful enough with my equipment and contaminated it due to a pair of new fish that succumbed to it two days after purchase. Four of my old fish showed signs of it within a day of when I suspect I contaminated the tank. So I've been shuffling fish around between bins, dosing meds, and doing close inspections of everyone involved.

Old fancy goldfish - the rapid deterioration of his fins has stopped and the inflamation around his scales/gills has gone down.

Female hoplo #1 - Large legion on her side has stopped growing and is healing.

Female hoplo #2 - Adipose fin decay has stopped.

Female hoplo #3 - The worst afflicted, lost all four barbels within 24 hours and passed away in quarantine earlier today.

4 other hoplos, black moor, ranchu goldfish - No signs of illness yet. Behavior is normal.

On the upside of things, I was forced to run out and buy two new aquariums to house a shipment of new fish that I had ordered over the weekend before disaster struck. I used up all my sterilite bins and buckets and my QT for sick fish, so I was out of space for the new guys, so I got to set up a 29 and 10 gallon :)

Here they are in quarantine;

jXcrcoS.jpg

0qDLyez.jpg

So just remember folks, always quarantine new fish and be extremely careful with your shared equipment - I was disease free in my big tank for almost 2 years, and the moment I became lax in my practices, I had a disaster on my hands.

My quarantine tank is ready, so I went and bought myself two peppered corys, and two bronze corys and they're swimming around in there now. I've got two bronze corys in my big tank- did not realise they needed friends so I hope they'll appreciate the company when these little guys come out of quarantine.

The new ones are so small! So teeny tiny. I'm still clumsy at this, and hope I did not stress them out too much in transit, or with acclimatising them to the new tank water.

Also got a new piece of driftwood which is boiling on my stove. Going to look nice in the tank!

Turned on the lights, about to get food out to defrost for them. Checked on all the fish=) everyone is doing fine. Got to ready for work at my lps!!! I skipped the interview, I start at 11:00PM hawaii time=) I am so excited!

gave my freshwater tank a little long needed attention replaced heater ,hob with new canister ,new light and ordered a bunch of fish , going to local pet shop tomorrow to trade in my 3 giants 16 inch sail fin pleco , 14 inch upside down catfish , 10 inch goldfish when I called and I told them what I had they offered me $150.00 in store credit or $75. cash I chose the store credit as I can use it on more future upgrades

I've been spending most my time on my salt tanks and my freshwater tank was being neglected my daughter said she would help maintain the freshwater tank , she is moving out to Colorado , I was able to obtain her a scholarship at CSU from the social worker of the cancer clinic I getting treatment

Watching my fish. Treated with liquids super ich yesterday cuz saw ich in both tanks . Added heater to small temporarily tank for snails will do WC tomorrow on snail tank cuz no filter its only 2.5 gal

Watching my fish. Treated with liquids super ich yesterday cuz saw ich in both tanks . Added heater to small temporarily tank for snails will do WC tomorrow on snail tank cuz no filter its only 2.5 gal

You should get rid ich + by kordon, its the best and works like a charm! You can get it from petsmart for 7$ for a 8oz bottle.

Starting to convert my aqueon quiet flow HOB into an aquaclear. Earlier today i picked up a big pack of bonded filter pads from petco for only 8$! This will last me a few months for sure!

You should get rid ich + by kordon, its the best and works like a charm! You can get it from petsmart for 7$ for a 8oz bottle.

I might If I need more which I doubt I will cuz my bottle has enough for treatment for both tanks . I was afraid to try it cuz it looked cheap and like an off brand

I might If I need more which I doubt I will cuz my bottle has enough for treatment for both tanks . I was afraid to try it cuz it looked cheap and like an off brand

Well alot of treatments of crappy and dangerous to your fish not gonna name any of the bad ones but i have used rid ich + with some of the most sensitive fish and they all got thru ok!

Stripped a female lab and got 22 fry. I did a WC before I did that. And I need to do more cleaning on my tanks.

Replaced filter catridge with plain bonded filter pads so that the carbon does not suck up the meds i have dosed into my tank.

Just now added 1 silver lyretail molly, 3 green corys, 2 black mystery snails and 10 ghost shrimp.

The Corys, snails and shrimp are all new to me so Im hoping they fit in!

Snails havent moved in about 10 minutes though, im a little worried.

Got home from my first day of work at my lps. Was a good day, 20% employee discount say WHAT?!?!?!
Went to check the mail, my saggitaria sabulata came in=) super amazing day today!
Turn off the lights on my tanks. Placed new plants into 5gallon bucket=)

lmost done building the stand for the 60g cube! Have the base and top attached, just to get some supports on the sides so the water is dispersed evenly.

Rescaped, added tetrafin plants and a temple, a snail shell, added 2 gallons and purified, turned lights on in the morning and turned them off at 10:30.....fed and cleaned...big day...heres before and after shots!

Also rescaped my 10g hermit crab tank
White sand is after

Attachments

• image-313932831.jpg
    image-313932831.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 69
  • image-4023198094.jpg
    image-4023198094.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 91
  • image-3645119485.jpg
    image-3645119485.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 72
  • image-2604311865.jpg
    image-2604311865.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 84
Rescaped, added tetrafin plants and a temple, a snail shell, added 2 gallons and purified, turned lights on in the morning and turned them off at 10:30.....fed and cleaned...big day...heres before and after shots!

Also rescaped my 10g hermit crab tank
White sand is after

Speaking of hemit crabs out of the 4 blue legs i put in the 37g only 2 survived due to the puffers hungry belly! Finished building the stand after 36 pieces of wood,63 screws, and some black spray paint!

Back
Top Bottom