What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dosed the 10g goby QT with copper, added some water to the 37g, and fed the goby. Hes not eating so maybe the copper will help

i got driftwood, its approx 12in x 4in x 6in
its currently cooking, looking at the amount of yellow, if i soaked it in hot water, constantly changing and replacing it, id be here a month waiting for the water to run clear...lol
fingers crossed.

120 break down, tank in the room, Empty, stock in holding (45) with system filter Fluval 205. Fluval 3+ removed from system. All plants cleaned wood ready to process, plants processed, majority went in the 750, remaining went in holding tank along with some wood to provide some kind of environment.

750, plus plants, low energy species, started to add water, RO running, forgot to start it earlier in the day. Silly boy! Loads of plants now. Just need some long grass and some more fish to complete.

60 litre, plus 8litre water.

Still no puffer, that will change soon. I can't be without one of these fish, EVER!

Also I still need to feed the fish.

Picture before system filter and extra plants, temporary tank.
Water level topped up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 84
My lovely catfish, now displaying adult coloration, once I get a picture of the dentition I can finally identify it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 97
What type of pleco is that? Looks like a clown or BN to me. Nice fish btw

It was sold to me as a Bristlenose so it should be a female. It looks most like L003 but there are a few similar species, L003 grows bigger, it could be L182 L071 or L181. Depends on the teeth. When I hook it tomorrow I will try and photograph the mouth.
The trouble with plecs, each species has such a major colour variation it's really difficult to tell what they are. You basically have to catch it from the river or cut it up.

Edit- I had the same trouble with my first two, every time I thought I had it, the fish grew some more. The only two plecs I've ever kept that I knew from the start were L128 and L030 the colours of these are unique with no similar alternatives.

Did a 30% change feed the little guys watched the 6 baby harlequin rasboras swim around with the dwarf rainbows maybe some rummy nose tetras or cardinal tetras or neons tomorrow what u think?

Attachments

• image-1602320564.jpg
    image-1602320564.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 124
It was sold to me as a Bristlenose so it should be a female. It looks most like L003 but there are a few similar species, L003 grows bigger, it could be L182 L071 or L181. Depends on the teeth. When I hook it tomorrow I will try and photograph the mouth.
The trouble with plecs, each species has such a major colour variation it's really difficult to tell what they are. You basically have to catch it from the river or cut it up.

Edit- I had the same trouble with my first two, every time I thought I had it, the fish grew some more. The only two plecs I've ever kept that I knew from the start were L128 and L030 the colours of these are unique with no similar alternatives.

Lol talk of plecos to me is like speaking some alien language.

Lots of watching so far today. Bloodworms tonight. I really like these cherry shrimp. I've never kept shrimp before and they are very cool.

got myself a present ;)
img_2717039_0_810056be0d481ad9b66804d24fcf74ba.jpg

and my girlfriend got herself a couple of rats too!!

its going to be a low light planted tank. i haven't decided what to put in it yet, but i might just move my dwarf puffer over. either that or a shrimp tank. maybe i will upgrade the lights too ;)

I scrubbed some algae off my anubias. I performed water changes on 5 tanks. I found 2 dead fry stuck to a filter initake in brackish tank. I have no idea where they came from. I cleaned tank walls, etc. I moved mother back to main cichlid tank and watched new fry all day in ten gallon and fed several times.

Yeah the LEDs on that are pretty bad

yeah i am just going to order another strip to put on it. I'm thinking about getting a spec III and turning it into a shrimp cube. for that one i will probably get a flexible led strip and just wrapping it around the light. I'm thinking of doing a build thread, but its going to be an extremely long process with my other thread for the 29 reef. not to mention i will be starting another for my 75 reef. ehhhh what will one more hurt? ;) lol

I fed all the fishies today and watched my new 8 wk old kitten stare at my 10 gal saltwater tank. I was afraid he might jump into it! I don't think he understands the concept of water... I'm glad he didn't jump into it! I may have to get some glass tops for it.

Back
Top Bottom