What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bought 2 African Dwarf Frogs and 2 Dalmation Mollies. Acclimating them as I type this, then into the quarantine tank they go! They look so awesome already

Came home from the lfs and found a large squirrel had
Gotten into my cockatiels cage and had scratch/bited them (two of them) and now i have to go to the vet tommarow and that will cost some $ so im afraid all funding for the tanks is now 0.

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. So a squirrel got inside your house?

Fish house advances.

Bought 3x 2nd hand fish tanks and a bunch of new equipment including some freebies! Sensibly priced silicone must be mentioned!

Good day, 200miles of driving to get it all, got the necessary plumbing pieces I need to make my rheophilic tank, just short on 2 power heads and some sponges, fish store tomorrow!

No work yet on current tanks, busy evening ahead!

I need more space!

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. So a squirrel got inside your house?

No i leave the cage outside during the day because they love to sing to the other birds and watch the wild life, they are both in shock :(. Got the koralia 425 nano in the 20 and tested salinity, 1.024! :) going to buy more live rock now :)

No i leave the cage outside during the day because they love to sing to the other birds and watch the wild life, they are both in shock :(. Got the koralia 425 nano in the 20 and tested salinity, 1.024! :) going to buy more live rock now :)

Hope they recover, great news on the SG!
Any more on the weird slugs?

Got a turkey baster and 10 dwarf zebra hermits from the lfs, the hermits were on sale for 7.50 for 10 so why not?

Last edited:
Cleaned the lids and fed everyone. Also organized my drawers. Found some flakes none of my fish eat. Took a break to put up Christmas lights (HUGE fail) and now I'm doing water changes on all tanks.

Just put them in, 6-7 of them all scurried into the front entrance to my rock

image-4252468459.jpg

image-3009813379.jpg

image-2018636053.jpg

And the rest just started going to work!

Washed off some extra shells and am leaveing them to dry so i can put them in the tank for the big red and blue legged hermits, and maybe the dwarfs if they decide its time to upgrade!
Did a 2g wc on the 37 and a 3g wc on the 20.

Business

Puffer+1
120litre +8
Qt1 -10+12
Qt2 -10+10
45litre -9+12

Cory in qt2 still not at her best. Eggs are in evidence in the 45 litre which contains the remaining corydoras. Hopefully by morning there should be a tankful, the flip side is I missed the spawn and they were eaten whilst I was on my jaunt north to collect the new, old tanks. They seemed to be dancing again this evening so I remain hopeful.

Fingers crossed on that. Otherwise all stock ok.

Night feed.

Water tests and changes done.

It's a week since I added my black widows and corys, I was a little worried that the tank is over stocked, but water parameters are still very good. Low nitrates yay!
Am super pleased.

Only going to add one more fish (honey gourami is the plan) and then no more.

Adding fish is stressful. So thankful I have a quarantine tank- has already saved me from whitespot.

Counted my yellow lab fry in the grow out- 45!!! I knew there were a lot but not that many.

Making 5gs of RODI to lower the SG in 20. Its a t 1.032+! Its cleared up alot sense i put the rock and sand in this morning...

image-348348654.jpg

8 hrs later.

image-1400011738.jpg

Got some media out of the 37g canister filter and am gonna put it in the 20 to help cycle. I havent changed the media in 1-2 months so its loaded with BB. Changed carbon and GFO in the 37g aswell, watched the fish for about an hour and fed them. Fed the corals too. Bought 2 timers for the 20 and 60. All fish and coral doing good :)

Last edited:
Business

Qt1 pm early -10+10 pm late -7+7
Qt2 pm early -10+10 pm late -7+7 +meds
45litre -7+7
120 litre -10 +12
Puffer +1
750 litre -75 +100

Day/night feed

Brilliant day overall. Made stuff, things living, happy days.

Back
Top Bottom