What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got him out 2-3 hours ago, hes in a 5g bucket with the rock and some airline. I am gonna be putting him in my 20 with a tank divider until i can get him a perminant home. Its a peacock mantis btw.

I got him out 2-3 hours ago, hes in a 5g bucket with the rock and some airline. I am gonna be putting him in my 20 with a tank divider until i can get him a perminant home. Its a peacock mantis btw.

He'd make a sweet MOWLR centerpiece!!! Wish I still had my BC29 set up, I'd offer you $50 and I would cover shipping :-( I'm sure rehoming him will be relatively easy. Good luck!!!

He'd make a sweet MOWLR centerpiece!!! Wish I still had my BC29 set up, I'd offer you $50 and I would cover shipping :-( I'm sure rehoming him will be relatively easy. Good luck!!!

I meant im gonna get him a new tank lol, gonna go with a 10g. I only have 1" of sand in the 20 so that will have to do for the time being.

I meant im gonna get him a new tank lol, gonna go with a 10g. I only have 1" of sand in the 20 so that will have to do for the time being.

If it is truly a peacock mantis as you say, a 10g is gonna be to small for him in the long run. They get quite big. They also have the best eyesight in the animal kingdom.

If it is truly a peacock mantis as you say, a 10g is gonna be to small for him in the long run. They get quite big. They also have the best eyesight in the animal kingdom.

I agree... I've heard minimum between 30 and 40b, I wouldn't wanna crowd the little guy- they have a reputation for busting the glass out of their tanks.....

So it would bust the glass out once it felt it needed a bigger tank? In that case i will be taking him to the lfs tommarow.

I did a 50 percent water change cleaned the glass no feeding till tomorrow turned the flow down to halfway on the filter to polish the water a little

Hey I want to change the gravel out pf my tank and put sand in os this a big job?

It's not too bad. Just turn off filters and heater. Move fish in a bucket, scoop out gravel, rinse sand and put it in and them fish. It takes about two hours all together.

Well tested the water in the 20 and nitrates are still high, 100. The shrimp will have to wait until they go down to get inside.

It's not too bad. Just turn off filters and heater. Move fish in a bucket, scoop out gravel, rinse sand and put it in and them fish. It takes about two hours all together.
then does the water need to be recycled and I'm pretty fully stocked

Attachments

• image-2802008254.jpg
    image-2802008254.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 64
10 gal water change on my 30 gal long salt water tank. I discovered that one of my ballon mollies had babies so I have atleast 6 that I counted.
The mollies were acclimated (over about a 6 1/2 -7 hour slow drip) to the tank after I cycled it to hold the cycle while I save money to get seahorses. I had planned on moving them out when I get the horses to another of my community tanks but now not sure what I am gonna do.

Sunday 15th

Mixed community (planted) 120litre -12+12 litre.
11 Clown loach 750litre -100+100 litre.
1 F8 Puffer 60litre -10+10litre @SG1.007
28LitreQt1 -10+10litre, hill stream loach
28litreQt2 -10+9litre, also+2 @SG1.007, single female Cory P.
28litreQt3 -5+10litre, resting pair female Cory P.

45litre egg tank -4+5

New bulbs installed on 750 & 120.
New resin & RO cartridges (micron & CCB) (new TDS 000)

Signs of life in the egg tank, not sure yet how successful this time was?

Hyper salinity method! attempt on Cory? We shall see.

Bunch of stuff tidied, fish house looking more organised.

Day/night feed.
Stock ok except Cory.

got the itank setup, i decided to put my betta in it and the seeded media from his tank.

also set up the 13 g "widescreen"

and a couple of cool shots i took. tons of feather dusters and a hermit cleaning a hermit ;)

Back
Top Bottom