What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope my parents dont make me pair for the bills though really (jk of course i wont) but heres one thing good, im gonna go out and get a baby lawnmower blenny for the 20 today and stick him in QT.

My Koi Angel pair decided to get ready to spawn, they are almost there, I am hoping they will lay the eggs and NOT eat them. Now that they are the only mid/top fish in the tank, I am hoping they won't eat them. There are still 5 Cories and 3 Otos in there as well as a few snails, Ramshorns and one Nerite.

Was still intending to move the Cories but have been so busy, it didn't get done yet. We will just see probably in 36 - 48 hours, if they leave the eggs alone.

Today did pwc 5G on my 16G bowfront. Moved a bright red baby Fire Red Cherry shrimp out of there to the Fire Red tank. Took 2 small Mystery snails out of there, about the size of a little marble, and put into the 5G Chi/Betta tank.

The Mystery snail I raised from a baby was the size of a half dollar now. Too big for the tank, in case it died it would kill off the tank. Moved it into the 72G tank.

Also moved 2, a Blue and a Ivory Mystery snail, both almost half dollar sized from the 12G Edge, same thing, too big, it would kill my shrimp if one died.

Last night, I still saw my big Blue Velvet momma shrimp hugely berried. Not got the babies yet...

Tomorrow I am buying a new heater for the 12G Edge where the shrimp are getting going. It was staying a good temp but with winter and the door being opened sometimes, I don't want them to be too chilly.

Considering rehoming my 6" Purple Spotted Gudgeon to a local person. She was supposed to only get 3" according to the lfs guy, and that didn't turn out to be correct. Havn't seen her to be aggressive toward her tankmates. It is sooo pretty but just seems to keep getting BIGGER and BIGGER!!! :blink: Her mouth is SOOOOO big. Makes me nervous for the Tetras a little.

Cleaned all my prefilters on pumps, scrapped glass clean, & cleaned up a little salt creep.

The middle of the picture it seems like little white specks floating in the water definatly not air bubbles?

The middle of the picture it seems like little white specks floating in the water definatly not air bubbles?

Lol okay I thought you were talking about the bubbles on the left :p I have those in my tanks too. I came to the conclusion that it was sediment buildup due to lack of surface agitation. An airstone or powerhead got it back into the water column for the filter to pick it up.

Got a bunch of caulpera for the 20, its in the display to add a kelp garden look.

image-151682221.jpg

Fed both tanks. The clowns hate me for turning on the light lol

Last edited:
Erased some old pics and added a couple new ones to my albums here on AA. Took a few quick pics.

Bought a new type of pre filter, it is really a filter foam part, for the Blue Velvet (BV) 12G Edge. Also got a little Fluval Edge prefilter, and I will see which one might work better, or together, one inside the other. My present one is loose and I found 2 BV shrimp in the hob case so with the new momma BV getting ready to drop, I didn't want to lose any babies to the filter.

Bought two Bamboo Shrimp tonight, they were some of the rugged-ist looking ones I have ever seen.

A small 2" one and a huge 4+" one. Here is the pic of the big one scared and just after being acclimated.

He stopped moving and I thought it was dead when I got home, but after catching the small one he seemed to have woke up.

After about 2 hours I looked at them again and both were beautiful cherry orange red!!! They looked NOTHING like this pale guy right here.
60074-albums11380-picture64777.jpg

Here is one of the two clams bought a few days ago
60074-albums11380-picture64776.jpg

Here is my pic of the Spotted Raphael Catfish right before I was going to scoop him up for the tank change into the 72G (pic was from last week).
He is all puffed up from being wedged inside his hiding cave. I have raised/had him since he was 1/2" long and he's now full grown and
appx. 5 1/2-6" long when he's not puffed up like a toad. :lol:

60074-albums11380-picture64778.jpg

Added two bags of floramax to the 20h and capped it with sand I already had in there. Not sure what to do with the rest of the sand. Maybe add it to the fry tank.

Yikes what did I get myself into, lol!

Started messing with the 12G to add the pre filter and then thought I might as well clean it pretty good before the new baby Blue Velvet shrimp come.

Then since I was in there decided to try to get out the Platy fry I put in. (Without really thinking it through and before I realized the shrimp finally were mating, they are first time parents :brows:)

Since it is a Edge you already have to be a human pretzel to move around in there, especially with a crazy DW in there covered in Bobitis Fern and 50 other plants like a small jungle!!!!!!!!!

This is the early pic 4 months ago, now a jungle!
60074-albums13090-picture60891.jpg

The substrate was full of uneaten food and snail poop. I did 4+ 50% pwc, maybe 5 because of so much gunk floating around, and refilling the tank for the water pressure so I could get better flow from the vacuum.

So it has been less than 15 minutes and the tank is nearly clear, just a little cloudy. Running the filter full blast and without a pre filter. Putting it back on in a few minutes.

Over feeders anonymous where are you???

I got out the larger fry and there is a microscopic newborn from the other day, and a very small one left, 5 or 6 moved into another tank for awhile until they are bigger than mouth size and can go into the 72G with their momma.

Just inquired about a free 55 gallon tank with everything. Haven't gotten an email back but I'm excited.

Back
Top Bottom