What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/a...1-47D2-BF95-5B406530437C_zpsxc0oxlfs.jpg.html
http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/a...7-4E2E-9256-A1EEED14E5E6_zpsyzkfznax.jpg.html
the overflow goes through two filter pads and then there is a heater and the return pump. its the same on the white one, just that the overflow is on the left side, instead of the back. the white one is cheaper and doesn't come with a heater though. its called Itank 5g

Is the return pump included?

thanks @Autumnsky! it wont let me quote you, it keeps closing the app on me. thats what I'm thinking of doing :) I've got a nice piece of dw for the white one and it has black sand already, i just need to add some low light plants and moss ;) and i need to order a par38 for the black one. I'm debating on plumbing the sump on the black one into a separate 10 gallon tank, to keep it more stable.

The sump sounds like a wise, although more time consuming choice. (y)

Those any good? Looking into them.

so far its been working out well, I've had the white one for about a week with my betta in it. i seeded that from his old tank. i still need to figure out exactly what I'm going to do with the nano reef, on the espresso one, before i go any further.

so far its been working out well, I've had the white one for about a week with my betta in it. i seeded that from his old tank. i still need to figure out exactly what I'm going to do with the nano reef, on the espresso one, before i go any further.

Sounds good and they look nice. I always vote for sump, especially on such a small reef tank.

Did a 4g wc on the 20 long, 5g wc on the 37g, accedently added RODI water instead of saltwater to replace in the 20 :( but then once i noticed i had already added 3g of fresh so i hope nothing to bad happends...

Just bought a java fern. Big and dried out but I got it really discounted. I just hope it bounces back. And I added 3 more panda cories finally bringing the school to a proper size of six!

Got 2 margarita snails and 1 red bandit trochus for the 20 long, dripped them for 45 minutes. Fed all the tanks. Added seeded media from the 20 to the 10g QT to kick start it.

Got 2 margarita snails and 1 red bandit trochus for the 20 long, dripped them for 45 minutes. Fed all the tanks. Added seeded media from the 20 to the 10g QT to kick start it.

Those banded trochus snails are fast! Awesome snails.

http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/a...1-47D2-BF95-5B406530437C_zpsxc0oxlfs.jpg.html
http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/a...7-4E2E-9256-A1EEED14E5E6_zpsyzkfznax.jpg.html
the overflow goes through two filter pads and then there is a heater and the return pump. its the same on the white one, just that the overflow is on the left side, instead of the back. the white one is cheaper and doesn't come with a heater though. its called Itank 5g

Where did you get it?!? Im looking into a pico reef so i might get this.

Adding a little water from evaporation in tanks, watching them and admiring them all!!!

Last night I watched my Blue Velvet Shrimp for awhile, color is nice on them in the tank I cleaned out (12G Edge.) I think the yellow tannin tinted water didn't do any justice to the Blue shrimp, lol. Now clear as can be. I need to see if the big momma shrimp had her babies yet. Didn't see her last night unless she had them already, and they are so small I didn't see them! Headed over to look again.

Trimmed some rotala, willow hygro and water wisteria. I'm about to do a 25% WC on the 36g.

Fed and watched tanks. Thinking about taking my christmas fund and putting it toward a larger tank, if I can find a good craigslist deal, instead of just getting a light
and new lid. Something in the 125 to 180 range...

Started researching and planning for planted 10g.
Fed fish
Cleaned rocks

Ended up getting to go to a new fish store and had to spend a little money there to support them!

Bought 5 Green Neons for 9.99
to go with the 3 I got for my birthday (different store), thinking they were blue neon Sundanio Axlerodi, then turned out they colored up after they got comfortable in my tank, and they were so pretty, I didn't mind!:angel:

Dark red Lotus/Lily 9.99 really pretty too.

Did a 20% pwc in the 2.5G, a 10% in the 12G Edge, and a 20% in the 5G Chi.

Switched the heater from the 5G Chi to the 12G Edge because it just wasn't getting warm enough.

Can tell by how pretty the green Neons are in the tank I should get another 5 pretty soon. :fish1:

Just bought a java fern. Big and dried out but I got it really discounted. I just hope it bounces back. And I added 3 more panda cories finally bringing the school to a proper size of six!

I got a java fern like that to. And not only did it bounce back but it produced several baby java ferns too! :)

Back
Top Bottom