What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Fishman007 and Eduguy. He was dead and being eaten by snails. I also lost a young BN Albino Pleco. Really bummed. Also looking for my fw Cobalt Goby. He likes to hide in the square thing in the bottom, I HOPE he's hiding.

PWC of course.

Thank you Fishman007 and Eduguy. He was dead and being eaten by snails. I also lost a young BN Albino Pleco. Really bummed. Also looking for my fw Cobalt Goby. He likes to hide in the square thing in the bottom, I HOPE he's hiding.

PWC of course.

I guess you're just getting bad luck. :(

Fed both tanks, added water, fed brine shrimp for the first time (loved the live food!), and watched the fishies! :3 :) happy new year! (Oh yeah and i also scared my fish while banging on pots and pans while celebrating and felt bad. They are ok now so good. Felt so badd at first :0)

Fed both tanks, added water, fed brine shrimp for the first time (loved the live food!), and watched the fishies! :3 :) happy new year! (Oh yeah and i also scared my fish while banging on pots and pans while celebrating and felt bad. They are ok now so good. Felt so badd at first :0)

lol i lit some fireworks, that are illegal here, i can only imagine how my fish felt with the whole house shaking ;)

I added a couple of red ramshorn snails a month back and one died this week. I knew it had progeny but never really tried to find them among my plant trimmings till today. 2 had reached pea size that i found when removing a rock my comet was brushing against. Then i lifted my Ludwigia cuttings out of the bucket they are in and found about 9 smaller ones as well as another pea sized one in the original tank the dead parent came from. I'm sure those i found today were just the start of the progeny. The tank the pea sized snails are coming from has mysteriously cleared of algae over the course of three weeks when i did nothing to change the tank. I'm thinking that my first gen snail may have died from lack of nutrients. Guess i will see a lot more of the second generation soon if they have to come out to find algae.

Sorry to hear about your losses AutumnRose.

Also stuck a 3lb piece of live rock in a RODI water to kill the butt-loads of majano that where on it, it was from the 20g so atleast thats good. Im watching the anemones shrivel up. Lol, never new it was this fun! :D

Had a nightmare. I fed all tanks. I put a divider in my 55g and put some fry on one side. Thought it was pretty tight, but one bugger got through. I added some rocks on the other side so he could hide. He's smart. He keeps trying to go back through where he came in, but he's too big I guess and can't get back through to the other side. Everyone on the other side must hear him because the fry are schooling together and meeting him at the corner. Two keep swimming through and back again, but he still can't make it... big head. I'm sure he'll be okay. I only moved the larger ones over from the 10g anyway.

While watching all the fish in that tank, the 55g, I noticed my female Enantiopus Melanogenys had something in her mouth. She has held eggs before, but she always eats them. They are very young. But then, I seen things move. I thought she ate the fry that swam over from the other side, but then I seen multiple wiggles in her mouth. He swims with her mouth open and eats and I have not even noticed until today!

Well, I heard they eat their fry pretty fast (don't know if true or not, but have read that about this species). I decided, since they are wiggling, they are probably big enough to strip her (which I have not ever done before, ever, yet). I took her out after catching her, which she didn't like. They are pretty skittish.

I have her in a large tupperware rectangular container. I go to grab her, she freaks out and jumps and lands outside the container on my desk, spitting fry in the air. Luckily they all landed in the tupperware, but she's on my desk. I grab her and she jumps out of my hand and lands on the floor. OMG. I suck at this and she's never going to get pregnant again after this ordeal. I freak out and grab her and get her safely back in the container. Remind me to do this on the floor next time. Live and learn, she's a jumper. She spat 5 free swimming fry. Some fully developed, some with a big of egg sack left, and 3 old eggs. 2 which were not even close to full eggs and 1 full one - all old.

It's too hard to catch the fry with a net in the container to get them into a tank, so I use an old tiny plastic fish food bottle to scoop them up in the water and place them into the fry tank. The container has an indent and I was following one little guy or gal and they swam up over the indent as I was following slowly and my food bottle slipped into the indent. They fry happened to be above the indent with its egg sack over the indent in the container and I accidentally squooshed it and he immediately died. :( I felt soooo bad. Goodness gracious. Anything else today?

But, I guess the good news is that I have 4 fry, so we'll see how they do. Her first time and my first fry from them, too.

Had a nightmare. I fed all tanks. I put a divider in my 55g and put some fry on one side. Thought it was pretty tight, but one bugger got through. I added some rocks on the other side so he could hide. He's smart. He keeps trying to go back through where he came in, but he's too big I guess and can't get back through to the other side. Everyone on the other side must hear him because the fry are schooling together and meeting him at the corner. Two keep swimming through and back again, but he still can't make it... big head. I'm sure he'll be okay. I only moved the larger ones over from the 10g anyway.

While watching all the fish in that tank, the 55g, I noticed my female Enantiopus Melanogenys had something in her mouth. She has held eggs before, but she always eats them. They are very young. But then, I seen things move. I thought she ate the fry that swam over from the other side, but then I seen multiple wiggles in her mouth. He swims with her mouth open and eats and I have not even noticed until today!

Well, I heard they eat their fry pretty fast (don't know if true or not, but have read that about this species). I decided, since they are wiggling, they are probably big enough to strip her (which I have not ever done before, ever, yet). I took her out after catching her, which she didn't like. They are pretty skittish.

I have her in a large tupperware rectangular container. I go to grab her, she freaks out and jumps and lands outside the container on my desk, spitting fry in the air. Luckily they all landed in the tupperware, but she's on my desk. I grab her and she jumps out of my hand and lands on the floor. OMG. I suck at this and she's never going to get pregnant again after this ordeal. I freak out and grab her and get her safely back in the container. Remind me to do this on the floor next time. Live and learn, she's a jumper. She spat 5 free swimming fry. Some fully developed, some with a big of egg sack left, and 3 old eggs. 2 which were not even close to full eggs and 1 full one - all old.

It's too hard to catch the fry with a net in the container to get them into a tank, so I use an old tiny plastic fish food bottle to scoop them up in the water and place them into the fry tank. The container has an indent and I was following one little guy or gal and they swam up over the indent as I was following slowly and my food bottle slipped into the indent. They fry happened to be above the indent with its egg sack over the indent in the container and I accidentally squooshed it and he immediately died. :( I felt soooo bad. Goodness gracious. Anything else today?

But, I guess the good news is that I have 4 fry, so we'll see how they do. Her first time and my first fry from them, too.

Sounds traumatic! One time I spilled a order of Fire Red shrimp babies all over my bedroom floor, on shopping bags and laundry, I was freaking out big time, but got them almost all found. We all suck at this at one time or another :oops:

I had a guppy fry jump out of my net when I was transferring them. I freaked out and panicked, I went to pick him up with my fingers. (Not the best idea) Then accidentally squished him /her =((((

Turned on/off lights. Fed all fish and noticed the duck weed is getting out of control.

Moved all live stock and live rock from my 110 gal. Salt water tank that sprung a leak. Cleaned up water mess out of carpet from loosing about 60-70 gallons of water in my carpeted floors because when it decided to start leaking I wasnt home.
Reorganized my 60 gal and 30 gal to accomodate for extra liverock and corals and fish.

Changed water.
Added cave
Planted java fern and crypt
Removed sponge filter
Cleaned TONS of algae

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140103_164335.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140103_164335.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 62
  • ForumRunner_20140103_164352.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140103_164352.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 72