What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NOOOOOOO!!! The starry blenny i added to the 20 turned into a nightmare.

First off, i woke up and found him flashing every rock in sight, then he was breathong twice as heavily, and now my female clown has it too. I drained 10g of the 20g water and added 10g Back. Then went to petsmart, got a hood for the 10g QT, and also got some garlic guard from the lfs. Now the baby blennys in the 10g QT and still wont eat while ive kept the 2 clowns and YWMG in the 20 for now. I will be doing a FW dip on both of them tommarow. Found out about this yesterday. Really sucks.

I got a $50 piece of rock today with 2 electric green mushrooms, a giant patch of xenia, and a small growth of GSP for the 37g.

Ordered my stuff from Dr. Foster & smith yesterday, heres what i got:
-3g JBJ picotope reef ready
-3 coralife electric thermometers
-1 hydor theo heater (for the 3g pico reef)
-8oz of chemi-pure
-saltwater reef master kit aswell as the normal master kit. (both API)

All for $134 so a good deal

Heres a pic of the QT, i put it in my room so i can check often.

View attachment 215568

Not sure if you can see the sick blenny

View attachment 215569

Aw man, thats really too bad.

Made a hide out for my yellow lab fry out of black lava rock. I'll post a pic later. Also did a 10gallon water change on the 36g.

Added some sterbai cory's last evening and am thinking about how to move some of my aquarium rocks without disturbing my fish and shrimp too much

From Bulldozers to Ballerinas

For a long time i have pretty much kept Comets. Occasionally some danios got thrown in too but i've always had a few biggish Comets in a 20g (I know better now and am upgrading the home for my final two Comets).

Basically i see my Comets as destroyers of my aquascapes. I did have Crypts planted in neat roves with some thrown randomly outside their groves, but My comets dug up all my neat groves a thousand times. My large Comet Brutus swims through every stem plant and rescapes the gravel underneath them if he can't bulldoze it. So the two Comets moved out of their separate 20g's into a 36g that gives them better room to swim and grow. Brutus (formerly known as bubbles) doesn't pick on his tankmate in the bigger tank. What that meant for me was i had a fully scaped, cycled tank that was never going to hve a comet to Bulldoze my scapes again :dance:

Anyway enough rambling. I bought 10 Neon Tetras, drip acclimated them over about 2 hours and released them into the jungle. I have to say that these guys are Ballerinas in comparison to my Bulldozing Comets. Love seeing these guys swim between leaves the Comets would rip off.

You could say i'm massively happy about my minimal fish :cool: yeAH
(Sorry had to do that) 5 or maybe 6 Kuhlis will join the tank tomorrow. So excited to have a tank without Comets :D

Watched my red linckia munch on my favorite blue sponge. Guess is was tasty.
img_2785770_0_a7c4da2661b5c6549dafbda6d0c47f9f.jpg
img_2785770_1_36c48bd836b5b9af87b0156ee5ec866c.jpg

Just finished drip acclimating 1kuhli loach and 4 harlequin Rasboras. They sold out of Kuhlis or i would have picked up 6. They also ran out of the Rasboras which i bought because the Kuhli's were out of stock. . I got the last 4 rasboras too. I will stock up to 10 rasboras and 6 Kuhlis when i can. My new Kuhli has some identification marks. 3 spots in a triangle like the holes in a bowling ball. He/She shall be known from now on as Strike. I barely saw the spots before it went and hid at the back of the tank under some stems. I have 10 neon tetras in there already. It's a big change from Comets.

Welcome! It seems you are a recent member! Show a pic of your tank!

Thank you I appreciate the warm welcome.

View attachment 216019
This is pretty much what the whole tank looks like now except it was taken a couple days ago and since then I shoved the rock pile a couple inches back and moved a couple plants out front to give the fish some cover.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389408864.858042.jpg
The Cory's get spooked when I bring up my phone to take a picture so I have yet to get them together in one shot even though they spend most of their time in a group. This was my bettas first encounter with one after putting them in the tank.

I'm actually worried about my betta right now as he appears a bit bloated around the belly. I found out I've been overfeeding him so I hope that's what is doing it. First picture is about 4 days back and the second one is a couple minutes ago. I hope I didn't burn up anyone's bandwidth so I made these last two smaller.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389409106.125785.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389409308.710360.jpg

Some nice looking fish Atticus. What type of Cory are those. I love the spots.

My Kuhli Loach is not too shy at the mometn but i guess that after the LFS lights out in my tank probably seems like night for it when it lived with streetlights as a nightlamp. It has two sets of triangle dots. It mostly hangs out in the cave structure that has never had a fish show interest before, but does laps and will parade along the front of the tank to watch me or it's reflection. I'm just glad it hasn't decided to hide full time. Neon Tetras are seeming to do little dances/fights. They pair up and spin in tight circles together then move off and start the process again elsewhere. Not sure if this is fighting, breeding behavior or what. I will google and see. The NT's aren't schooling as much anymore but the HR's are. I'm pretty happy with my fish selection but may change my mind if i need to catch them.

Fish watched, small feed for 36g and minute feed for 20g. HR's taught the NT's to feed on floating food. I had to sink individual flakes last night.

Edit. Whenever the Kuhli comes out for a prowl he gets a following of curious NT's and leads a little parade.

They are Sterbai Corys. It might not show up in that picture but their ventral fins develop a light orangish color that may also color their belly a bit that is pretty nice. I've never owned corydoras before and have found that their personality is a great addition to their spotted skin.

I was attempting to edit my previous post because my first picture didn't seem to show up on my end. The post was made through the aa app and shows up on there but I can't view it on here yet. Kind of strange but oh well. Here's the first picture that wasn't appearing for me:
Ux1aIo0.jpg

Added a couple red scarlet reef hermits to the CUC. Love these little dudes.

img_2786536_0_98bed9d315125052ebc104832b42aec4.jpg

I love the variety of inverts that you can get for saltwater and your hermit crab looks pretty nice. Congrats on TOTM too. It's a nice thriving tank you have.

I love the variety of inverts that you can get for saltwater and your hermit crab looks pretty nice. Congrats on TOTM too. It's a nice thriving tank you have.

POTM. Havent got TOTM yet but im working at it! Theres alot of nice tanks on here!

Gotta do a large water change in my 60 gal. salty. Top off the 33 long and 30 long. Got a little work to do on the 60s sump.

Repost from my 20g long planted thread...
Finally finished the rescape late last night (2:00 AM EST). Here are close ups of the left and right sides:
4bSmWGE.jpg

Took a little while to clear up. I took some manzanita DW from the shrimp tank. I don't think they will miss it. I might have gone overboard with the red. We will see when if fills out. Here is a FTS:
Iw5OCvO.jpg

Here are the "extras" I pulled out and put in a newly setup 6.6g tank. About 30+ dwarf sag, 10+ crypt wendtii red, 5-6 broadleaf chain swords, 3-5 cabomba stems, moss on DW, and at least a handful of water lettuce:
z0fnAMc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom