What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
POTM. Havent got TOTM yet but im working at it! Theres alot of nice tanks on here!

I stand corrected good luck with that lofty goal (y) If there was an algae shot of the month i'd be in the running for it this month.

I lost a Neon Tetra that swam behind a filter and found 1 of 2 holes designed for extra suction cups (i guess). Counted 9 that i could see and searched for the last. He managed to stick his stomach over hole behind the filter and had a big lump sucked into the hole. I lifted the filter off and he was still stuck so i turned it off and opened it and he dropped off. He died about half hour later but was still moving around a little in the container i put him in. I guess it had bad internal damage. Poor little guy. I fixed the situation for future by cutting some spare sponge filter i had and wedging it into the holes. Hopefully thats the last filter related death i have for a long time.

Ordered an AC 50 for my 20g. There isn't enough water movement with the AC 20 that I have now. I still have $70 to spare so I might get the EI ferts, leaving me with $40ish. Still trying to figure out what else to get. Any suggestions?

Bought some Osmocote + without water storage crystals yesterday (only one shop in town has them without the crystals) so i also searched for gel tabs and made some DIY Osmocote plus root tabs. Added some to my 20g. Wont add to the 35g as comets dig everywhere and will probably eat more than the plants.

Scrubbed algae off a lot of leaves and saw my plants pearling like crazy near the top of the tank. It's the first time i've seen more than an odd leaf pearl. Tank watched for about an hour. All fish look healthy but fairly bloated. Will cut back on feeding a little. I hope the new root tabs will convince my Pygmy chain sword to spread.

60% clean on my elephant nose tank my amanos have been acting very strange since I added new plants starting to think they've been treated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389657471.549615.jpg

Hi fish tank masters i have a 20 long with fluval eco bright LEDs did the whole planted tank with co2 not for me now all the plants are plastic and the tank looks great but I've been thinking Bout throwing a couple of marimo moss balls in there what are your opinions

Went to the lfs for a light bulb.....

Then I found....................

Well I found some new Angelfish.

These pics are from the lfs and I got two striped ones and two koi ones. Not the light colored one he just got in the way!

Here are the pics
60074-albums13694-picture64988.jpg

60074-albums13694-picture64989.jpg

I got a new light bulb, they were 1/2 price along with the t-5 Zoo med light fixtures, changed my light bulb.

Did a clean out on my daughter's late Betta's tank. She finally decided not to get another fish.

Pwc on 37G.

Last night did pwc on 5G Chi tank.

Filled all the evaporation on all the tanks, of course fed. :)

Taking a break but need to do pwc on 16G and 12G

View attachment 216573

Hi fish tank masters i have a 20 long with fluval eco bright LEDs did the whole planted tank with co2 not for me now all the plants are plastic and the tank looks great but I've been thinking Bout throwing a couple of marimo moss balls in there what are your opinions

I would put some in, i have them and like the look of them. By the way nice tank :)

Then I found....................

Well I found some new Angelfish.

These pics are from the lfs and I got two striped ones and two koi ones. Not the light colored one he just got in the way!

Here are the pics
60074-albums13694-picture64988.jpg

60074-albums13694-picture64989.jpg

I got a new light bulb, they were 1/2 price along with the t-5 Zoo med light fixtures, changed my light bulb.

Did a clean out on my daughter's late Betta's tank. She finally decided not to get another fish.

Pwc on 37G.

Last night did pwc on 5G Chi tank.

Filled all the evaporation on all the tanks, of course fed. :)

Taking a break but need to do pwc on 16G and 12G

Nice angels! how's your other angels doing?

Nice angels! how's your other angels doing?

Thank you. The other 3 are doing alright, the Koi pair, I put into the 37G but had the heater go out so they were cool for about 3 days and they really cooled it, because 3 weeks still no spawn they were like clockwork every week before. Maybe they don't like their rocks I put in there. I might try a tile. Though at the moment they look like they are cleaning the clump of Leopard Val leaves that are floating (got knocked loose from their rock) hummmmmm...

Here they are from a previous poor quality pic.

60074-albums13647-picture59650.jpg

The single Koi guy is hanging out in the 72G still, but I got the babies so maybe he could have a match later when they grow up.:brows:

We couldn't help myself and moved a few things around. Cleaned out the 5G Chi and rescaped it. Added a couple more cups of Eco Complete. It is cloudy now, also moved my 2 Baby Albino BN Plecos, from the Chi, to the 72G so they can find their friends. Moved the Cobalt Goby into the 12G Edge Blue Velvet tank.

It needed cleaning anyway, I had overfed in there. Put back the snails, Red Ramshorns and 2 Small Mystery snails from my babies, and my only one left White Cloud Mountain Minnow. His tank mate looks ill so I think if he doesn't get sick in the next 2.5 weeks I will drop him off at a friends so he can have some buddies to school with.

My ZooMed Flora Sun bulb really intensifies the colors of the fish in the tank!!!

I told my husband that I wanted to get a new 48" light fixture and how much $127-157 possibly, and he liked the $11 light bulb much better!:ROFLMAO: Though after I got home I realized I had 2 bulbs in the garage, including the exact one I just purchased.

Electric company sent out someone to give a home inspection and give ideas to save money. He said that the fish tanks are using up about $45. per month, naw!

Thank you. The other 3 are doing alright, the Koi pair, I put into the 37G but had the heater go out so they were cool for about 3 days and they really cooled it, because 3 weeks still no spawn they were like clockwork every week before. Maybe they don't like their rocks I put in there. I might try a tile. Though at the moment they look like they are cleaning the clump of Leopard Val leaves that are floating (got knocked loose from their rock) hummmmmm...

Here they are from a previous poor quality pic.

60074-albums13647-picture59650.jpg

The single Koi guy is hanging out in the 72G still, but I got the babies so maybe he could have a match later when they grow up.:brows:

We couldn't help myself and moved a few things around. Cleaned out the 5G Chi and rescaped it. Added a couple more cups of Eco Complete. It is cloudy now, also moved my 2 Baby Albino BN Plecos, from the Chi, to the 72G so they can find their friends. Moved the Cobalt Goby into the 12G Edge Blue Velvet tank.

It needed cleaning anyway, I had overfed in there. Put back the snails, Red Ramshorns and 2 Small Mystery snails from my babies, and my only one left White Cloud Mountain Minnow. His tank mate looks ill so I think if he doesn't get sick in the next 2.5 weeks I will drop him off at a friends so he can have some buddies to school with.

My ZooMed Flora Sun bulb really intensifies the colors of the fish in the tank!!!

I told my husband that I wanted to get a new 48" light fixture and how much $127-157 possibly, and he liked the $11 light bulb much better!:ROFLMAO: Though after I got home I realized I had 2 bulbs in the garage, including the exact one I just purchased.

Electric company sent out someone to give a home inspection and give ideas to save money. He said that the fish tanks are using up about $45. per month, naw!

Hopefully they'll start to spawn again for you, you've been a busy lady! Don't think I could manage anymore tank's two is enough for me ;)
Your fish tank's won't use that much electricity will they?
All the best Lesley

Hopefully they'll start to spawn again for you, you've been a busy lady! Don't think I could manage anymore tank's two is enough for me ;)
Your fish tank's won't use that much electricity will they?
All the best Lesley

I am still trying to cut back on tanks, lol!

They guy estimated the Watts for the heaters and I use the smallest ones possible for the tank size but enough to do the job, and 2 tanks don't even have heaters. So I don't think it is entirely accurate, plus, I don't know if he realized several are LED lights.

I would put some in, i have them and like the look of them. By the way nice tank :)

Thank you Shelly I love the tank. I also like they way they look too. Do they grow at all?

Thank you Shelly I love the tank. I also like they way they look too. Do they grow at all?

Yeah but they're very slow growers. Mine are actually pretty big now but it has taken them a while to get there :)

Yeah but they're very slow growers. Mine are actually pretty big now but it has taken them a while to get there :)

Mine seemed to grow about a 1/4 inch diameter larger in about a year with occasional ferts. Which seemed pretty good considering how slow they are supposed to grow.

Today I found a lovely 4" Rainbow shark ($3.59 same price as the babies) and will be trying her out in my tank. I have been missing the amazing 7", old Red Tail Shark I used to have.

There was a $1 tetra sale at Pet_mart and got 5 Neons to go with the 3 left from adopting them, I wasn't going to but they look so lonely with the 3, though they hang out with the Cardinals sometimes.

I thought I only had one Red Cloud Mountain Minnow but his mate was have been in a deep sleep when I was looking for her and there she was today in the 16G, so I moved her over to the 5G Chi as well. They are palling around happily now!

The baby Angelfish are doing well, fed them and they seemed to be starving, but not really used to getting food from the top of the water.

Looking at some LED lights Current USA and a couple others...

Last edited:
Did water changes on my 10g natural tank. And took out a bunch of guppy grass. Looks a lot better. Turned on/off all tanks and fed all fish.

Also, I purchased 3 new balloon mollies for my 3.5g tank:)

Watched my ADF claim the chimney of the treehouse as his own. He's hilarious. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389759338.886181.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389759354.448377.jpg

Back
Top Bottom