What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found an Unidentified snail that must have hitched a ride on a plant. Don't know whether to try and remove it or not !!!

Set up the 10g, added filter, heater, water, and crushed coral. Also added 7mL of ammonia. Gonna add seeded media later to get it cycled quick.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Water change on tank and set up T8 light to go with LED - noticed that I can't just reach into the hood and blindly shift lights anymore lol, they're a bit hotter.

Swapped out 1/3 of my gravel for black sand in a 40g long SeaClear tank and cleaned it. Tank is 6 weeks old, I have two neons that have survived for 3 weeks after PetCo told me to use them to cycle, they sold me 4. Can't wait to gets Corys, that is why I did the switch.

Pwc on my elephant nose tank and filters rinsed.
Pwc on my giant African shrimp tank they seem to be enjoying the extra filter so hopefully it'll make a difference for them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Added life to my tank finally & a live plant! ☺️
Now just thinking what to do with decorating the inside.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394322018.525353.jpg

Large water change,vac & added new driftwood.

Sent from my XT1060 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1394330181634.jpg
    1394330181634.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 92
Built the 75g stand, tested the 75g ammo- .25ppm, nitrite- .50ppm, nitrate- 20ppm and I also bought a big thing of prime! Still not finished with the stand. Picking up plywood tomorrow and wrapping it some other week

Attachments

• 1394333055327.jpg
    1394333055327.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 1394333071287.jpg
    1394333071287.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 90
Busy day with the aquariums. First i did some shopping for much needed buckets. For a while i've used the same few buckets to empty and refill all tanks. New system has a bucket to empty each tank into then i use 25l buckets to refill which will now be strictly used for refills. Need a couple more 25l buckets still.

50% WC on 3 tanks, added fungus meds as a precaution on one that i removed sick fish from earlier this week. 25% WC on QT tank. Meds and a 33% WC on hospital tank. I changed my schedule so that i do my WC going from healthy tanks first to sick last. I still only have one gravel vac after treading on the suction tube and cracking my smaller vac (which was better for cleaning dirted tanks) so i'm dropping the functioning one in boiling water between tanks for the moment. Hope this keeps disease from spreading.

Lastly i did a big trim on my established 20g. Probablky have about 50 stems in there and had to trim half and replant the better ones to fill out some spaces i emptied last week. Then I took pictures of my three healthy tanks.

I went and bought 20 gallons of water for my new marine tank and got a big toadstool coral for the 55 also grabbed 4 more turbos

Filled waters in all the tanks from evaporation, cleaned some moss that was growing in a cup which the moss had string algae. Had kept it in the dark for a few days and it seems to be gone.

Going to move the Harlequin Rasboras from QT to the 72G and the Blue Ram over to the 16G in the morning. Looking for a couple more Rams now. :)

There are a couple people breeding Electric Blue and Regular and Golden Rams locally, so I am hopeful for some at a reasonable price. Also the Colorado Aquarium Society is having their spring sale in a couple weeks and I asked for the day off!!! Usually I would be working :brows:

Back
Top Bottom