What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Jack Dempsey cichlids spawned eggs! The parents are extremely protective and guard them, even from me. Can't wait till they turn into lil fry.

Attachments

• 1397088618576.jpg
    1397088618576.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 57
My Jack Dempsey cichlids spawned eggs! The parents are extremely protective and guard them, even from me. Can't wait till they turn into lil fry.

Congrats! Great pics Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank re arranged it again! Definitely need more plants. 1397145802643.jpg
I also found my missing baby tylo snail which had gone walkies nearly a year ago! Found her under my filter :)

Hope your shrimp arrive in awesome condition.

Thanks Autumnsky, they arrived all healthy and I got double the amount i ordered Yay! Now all I want is baby shrimps Lol
How's your angel keeping?

Found my two red ramshorn snails on the endtable next to their bowl -dried out. NOOOOO!!! I cried and my lovely husband told me to put them back in the bowl "just in case". I am 99.9% sure they are dead though. Plopped them in anyway. I suspect foul play (aka my two year old son), but they could have just suddenly decided to "take a walk" after living happily for a couple months. Maybe they got bored. Or my two year old...

Started setting up my blackwater aquarium. Sooooooo cool! Will have to post pics.

Water change on the 29. Dad is hauling the water from the kitchen sink as I write XD it's too heavy.

I need to figure out a way to do it myself so he has no leverage against MTS. He has a formidable opponent and he might be joining its side XD

Water change on the 29. Dad is hauling the water from the kitchen sink as I write XD it's too heavy.

I need to figure out a way to do it myself so he has no leverage against MTS. He has a formidable opponent and he might be joining its side XD

save up and get yourself a python water changer. You and your dad will both be happier! Seriously!

I picked up another krib to go with the other one that I have my Lfs told me it was a female that I had so picked up a male it turns out I think I have 2 males the new one is bigger but deffinatley getting beat up by the other one it's a 20 gallon long with one dwarf gourami and 4 harlequin rasboras, 6 neons a dwarf rainbow fish a bristle nose pleco and now I think two male kribensis what should I do?

It doesn't fit our faucet :(

If is is just a matter of size a good hardware store can fix that. Not that simple if you have a spray head, but you could possible get an adapter if you unscrewed the spray head and connected it to that.

Today got a great trade/share with a neighboring fish and shrimp lover.

Traded plants, I brought home a quart bag size full of easy care plant trimmings, including Ambulia and some strange little liverwort type plant, unsure what it is yet.

Traded to me 6 Millenium Rainbows 3 male and 3 female juveniles. They get to be so gorgeous, the mom and dad were stunning. They were from some very nice quality lines, I forgot to get a pic of the mom and dad maybe I can get him to send a pic to me later and post it.

And some shared Yellow Neocaridina shrimp, 13, I think, they really like to move around. I will add some pics later.

2 Assassin Snails.

Spent an hour acclimating them, moved the Betta sorority and now using the Chi tank for the Yellow Shrimp.

Very excited about that all.

Angel is still unwell and looking more weak the meds haven't helped apparently. Sad about needing to put it down I hate to see it looking so pitiful and thin, trying to feed it but not sure it is even eating at all.

Positive note, I was offered a 10G setup for shrimp which houses a colony of Orange Eye Blue Tiger Shrimp for $100. I said yes, and now it has been a day and a half and haven't heard back yet, don't know what they look like or even if I will actually get them or what else is on the set up. I am actually so excited, I don't want to even think about actually being able to get them.

Then found some one who has Royal Blue Orange Eye Blue Tigers, $15 each plus shipping, but I have never seen a more beautiful one! Wish I had spare money, :brows: :/

Found my two red ramshorn snails on the endtable next to their bowl -dried out. NOOOOO!!! I cried and my lovely husband told me to put them back in the bowl "just in case". I am 99.9% sure they are dead though. Plopped them in anyway. I suspect foul play (aka my two year old son), but they could have just suddenly decided to "take a walk" after living happily for a couple months. Maybe they got bored. Or my two year old...

Started setting up my blackwater aquarium. Sooooooo cool! Will have to post pics.

My guess is that you have over 50 juvenile rammies in the tank somewhere. Pull out some ornaments and you will probably find a couple of them you can pop into a cup and feed up. 1 month and they will be pea sized if they don't have to hunt food. Some of your fish probably chomp the juveniles before they have a chance to grow larger than snack size. I had 2 Ramshorns in with a Comet and found about 50 juvenile snails when i tore the tank down. I never saw one alive on the glass or a plant before that. So even though your first two are gone they probably left you some offspring. Snails and shrimp are the only things i have had any luck at breeding so far.

If is is just a matter of size a good hardware store can fix that. Not that simple if you have a spray head, but you could possible get an adapter if you unscrewed the spray head and connected it to that.

Today got a great trade/share with a neighboring fish and shrimp lover.

Traded plants, I brought home a quart bag size full of easy care plant trimmings, including Ambulia and some strange little liverwort type plant, unsure what it is yet.

Traded to me 6 Millenium Rainbows 3 male and 3 female juveniles. They get to be so gorgeous, the mom and dad were stunning. They were from some very nice quality lines, I forgot to get a pic of the mom and dad maybe I can get him to send a pic to me later and post it.

And some shared Yellow Neocaridina shrimp, 13, I think, they really like to move around. I will add some pics later.

2 Assassin Snails.

Spent an hour acclimating them, moved the Betta sorority and now using the Chi tank for the Yellow Shrimp.

Very excited about that all.

Angel is still unwell and looking more weak the meds haven't helped apparently. Sad about needing to put it down I hate to see it looking so pitiful and thin, trying to feed it but not sure it is even eating at all.

Positive note, I was offered a 10G setup for shrimp which houses a colony of Orange Eye Blue Tiger Shrimp for $100. I said yes, and now it has been a day and a half and haven't heard back yet, don't know what they look like or even if I will actually get them or what else is on the set up. I am actually so excited, I don't want to even think about actually being able to get them.

Then found some one who has Royal Blue Orange Eye Blue Tigers, $15 each plus shipping, but I have never seen a more beautiful one! Wish I had spare money, :brows: :/

Aww sorry to hear your Angel is not improving :( Sad when you have to make the decision about euthenizing. I've had to do it with neon Tetras which don't realy have anything to distingush them from a school and i feel bad, it wouldn't be easy with such a stunning fish. I'd guess you know about garlic juice increasing the likelihood of a fish taking food, but if not try soaking the food in garlic juice and maybe it will eat some. Will maybe give an immune system boost too. I always like to know my fish at least get a last meal if possible. Maybe it will perk up if it eats again. I hope it makes an unexpected recovery for you.

I'm going to have to research some shrimp varieties now. The RBOETS are really eye catching and now i want some. At least my RCS population is actually surviving the predations of Kuhli's. I spotted 8 various sized juveniles visible at one time yesterday so i'll assume i have plenty in hiding that i have not seen yet. I could have avoided buying an air pump and sponge filter though which is cycling in with the Kuhli and RCS. Once cycled i'll use it for a fiddler crabitat i have planned so it won't be wasted, maybe just repurposed. I had planned to set the RCS up in their own tank ASAP but maybe i'll wait since the population is growing.

Last day with my temporary fishy companions. Sonic the Betta and the 4 fantails i am fish sitting should get picked up today. The fantails are cute but not my cup of tea. I think sonic head bobbed and flared at the fantails next door enough to convince me to save some of his relatives from cups. Gorgeous fish with more personality than i remembered (i briefly owned one a long while ago). I may try a 2 betta sorority tank in a 6g rectangular tank i'm not using. Will research more beforehand though i'm not certain of their living requirements. I might just opt for a male instead.

I have been waiting to get this light for about a year when I heard it was coming out. Then just couldn't coordinate the timing for buying, lol. Soon, I hope. :) It was between that and the Finnex.

Love this light. Doesn't provide as much as my t5 but the amount of control I have with it is astonishing. It comes with a remote to control whatever scenario you want to make inside of the aquarium. Whether it's lightning or sunrise. Amazing fixture

If the python is out of the question then a simple hose from outside to where the tank is kept indoors would cut down 50% of the carrying. Fill the bucket and mix water conditioner in front of the tank. A reliable nozzle to stop/start the water would be helpful too and in case it ever pops off the hose i would keep an extra empty bucket handy in case it ever needs to be carried outside while the water is running uncontrollably.

Cleaned my tank, bought a new canister filter, put it together and now it's all lovely and clean. Fish looking happy. Also added plant food and reduced pH.

Back
Top Bottom