What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here my new panda cories! View attachment 233963

They are adorable! I wish my spotted cory wasn't so shy for a picture!

I did a 25% water change. Added a double dose of Jack's Pets "Bio Boost" Beneficial Bacteria. Tested my Ammonia.
The link is for Pet Solutions, but it is the same stuff. I just wanted to give the description.
http://www.petsolutions.com/C/Aquarium-Bacterial-Additives/I/PetSolutions-Bio-Boost.aspx

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

50 % clean on my giant African shrimp tank, removed some ramshorn snails and put them in my elephant nose tank. My shrimp seem to be enjoying the clean water. 1398006584824.jpg1398006610272.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dad returned whisker shrimp yesterday, he bought them without telling me instead of RCS to eat the algae...ugh dads!!!

Never got to work on my cousin's tank, but got my uncle a bit motivated to do it. Learned he had a 55gal before he moved!! I was surprised. And also learned that my grandpa had tanks as well, he had guppies! I guess it runs in the family ;)

Golden Girls really enjoyed their bloodworms, today. Officially trained in two days the "tank happenings" feeding routine. I tested my ammonia again and pH. Also, I took my net to the tank and stirred up the bottom to scoop up some of the poop my cory cat has not eaten, along with getting as much carbon up as I could that fell in from other filters (they were the wrong ones). I just cleaned up as much as I could, today. I also added my Apongeton bulbs. ine that has been growing. I forgot it outside last night, I guess it got cold here in Ohio. So I hope it did not die. But, I dumped them all in the tank and hoping for the best.

Attachments

• 1398038787008.jpg
    1398038787008.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 87
Tore down the planted 50gal and consolidated plants and fish to the 55gal.

Cleaned out the 50gal of everything and started the setup for my long lost cichlids.

just found my engineer goby in the sump
I have no idea how he got there as I have 1/4 inch vinyl mesh over the overflow hoses and my engineer goby isn't small almost 16 inch long and his body girth is a little bigger than my thumb
my overflow hose is 1 1/4 inch I'm dumb founded on how he didn't get stuck

I have no idea how he got there as I have 1/4 inch vinyl mesh over the overflow hoses and my engineer goby isn't small almost 16 inch long and his body girth is a little bigger than my thumb

Wow! That's odd...

Oh my gosh! D:

Jumped and got lucky?

60 % clean on my elephant nose tank today, he's been chasing his tail again and caught it on something he's made a right mess of it really torn. So clean water for the next few days hopefully it will heal. Rinsed out filters and moved his pipe to give him room when he's being stupid!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Added a capfull of bioboost and did 1 gallon water change (all I had left). I am very sick and cannot go out to get more RO water. Did 25% change yesterday. All parameters were perfect. Today ammonia was 1.0 in my 20G so I did not feed them tonight and did at least the 1 gallon change and bioboost to hopefully help a tiny bit while I am ill. I also, netted out the poop that I could get. I am pretty sure I was letting them over eat and then giving a snack before dinner, that led to the sudden ammonia spike. They do not have any symptoms of poisoning, and are playing fine. I hope it stays that way and ammonia goes away. I will test again tomorrow. Goodnight everyone.

I fished the skeleton of a tiger barb out. A SKELETON. I couldn't believe it, but between the pleco and the rainbow shark I'm not entirely surprised. Oh well, guess I'm down to 12 now.

Golden Girls really enjoyed their bloodworms, today. Officially trained in two days the "tank happenings" feeding routine. I tested my ammonia again and pH. Also, I took my net to the tank and stirred up the bottom to scoop up some of the poop my cory cat has not eaten, along with getting as much carbon up as I could that fell in from other filters (they were the wrong ones). I just cleaned up as much as I could, today. I also added my Apongeton bulbs. ine that has been growing. I forgot it outside last night, I guess it got cold here in Ohio. So I hope it did not die. But, I dumped them all in the tank and hoping for the best.

Fyi your cory cats will NOT eat poop, they will however eat leftover food.

That is scary!

Back
Top Bottom