What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay I am very irritated. Just texted my stock list for a 33 breeder to a friend who has tanks. She goes " that's 46 fish in a 20 gal, have fun with that..." She was counting the snails too!!!! And then she proceeds to tell me that she is going to get an oscar and an angel for her 20.

Emerald76

Yes thank you! I will try to find some and I need a new vacuum so I can change the water!

Emerald76

Pwc on my vampire shrimp tank and elephant nose. Managed to spray water up the walls and over the carpet, I've had one of those days! 1412089454777.jpg1412089564169.jpg1412089600599.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pwc on my vampire shrimp tank and elephant nose. Managed to spray water up the walls and over the carpet, I've had one of those days! View attachment 251371View attachment 251372View attachment 251373

Beautiful tanks. Gonzo is looking well. Did you get shrimp into his tank and what is he thinking/doing about it?

My favorite is your vampire shrimp! I may need to try those again.

Oh what, I did to my tanks. Plotted and planned so far, I am trying to decide on tank rescape for the 6.6G or a filter clean out on the FX-5 for the 72G.

I can't figure out where my Golden Nugget Pleco went and I was going to tear into that tank to but still have work this evening. Tomorrow picking up a Banjo Cat and a SAE from a sort of local hobbyist and sharing a few Blue Velvet shrimp, as he is changing their spare tank to a shrimp nano wonderland.

Last edited:
Beautiful tanks. Gonzo is looking well. Did you get shrimp into his tank and what is he thinking/doing about it?

My favorite is your vampire shrimp! I may need to try those again.

Thanks! Gonzo is doing really well with the shrimp, I've got rcs, ninja and amanos and he's not bothered any. Hopefully it will last as I'm wanting to add more rcs so we'll see.
I love my vampire shrimp how sad am I! I actually added green lace shrimp in with them but haven't spotted them today :eek: so I'm still looking.

Thanks! Gonzo is doing really well with the shrimp, I've got rcs, ninja and amanos and he's not bothered any. Hopefully it will last as I'm wanting to add more rcs so we'll see.
I love my vampire shrimp how sad am I! I actually added green lace shrimp in with them but haven't spotted them today :eek: so I'm still looking.

The Green Lace are such cool little guys. I hope they are just hiding really well. :confused: Post if you find them when you report in!

The Green Lace are such cool little guys. I hope they are just hiding really well. :confused: Post if you find them when you report in!

They turned up thank goodness, still haven't a clue where they were hiding :confused:

They turned up thank goodness, still haven't a clue where they were hiding :confused:

So nice to hear they are found.

Well did some checking in the 16G and didn't see my Golden Nugget Pleco:cry: This was SOOOO sad, I was hoping he just found a really good hiding spot... for days. The tank is a bunch of misc. plants and a big gob of moss and DW, rocks and BB bulk media pads so seeing in all the spaces is difficult if not impossible.

Cleaned out the 2 little filters on the 16G. And did a ~40% pwc. Added back minerals to keep the pH stable.

Also added a little AC filter which fits onto an Edge tank with a pad of seasoned BB filter media and added a new piece as well as I think I will be using it pretty soon for the Edge glass tank part I still haven't decided what exactly to do with.

I had set IT up outside on the table like this.
60074-albums14118-picture67475.jpg

now the rocks are 50% bright green from algae :facepalm: there was just a couple inches of water in it. I gave one of the rocks to some shrimp to munch on lol. These weren't intended to be "Algae rocks" Oopsy.

PWC on 6G Edge and 12G Edge tanks. Almost out of Prime, lol!

Sorry to hear about your gold nugget :( could he possibly have squeezed himself in somewhere?

Aww I'm sorry about the pleco autumn :(

My platy had fry sometime in the past day so now we have over 20 fish in the 10 gal platy tank. May be cause for a new tank, petco $1 per gallon sale is on...off to go look up ways to convince people...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry to hear about your gold nugget :( could he possibly have squeezed himself in somewhere?

I think maybe squeezed himself OUT through the back hole...I can't really see behind the tank with so many wires and the tight space. I will be moving all that stuff in the next couple weeks so I will maybe really know.

Thanks Kitty.

Picked up a new test kit since all my tests are pretty old, and I got some mollies for my 56. Two Dalmatian lyretails, a silver, and two blacks. When I got home I realized I had three males to two females, so I will be picking up a couple more girls soon. Eventually I'm going to add some panda cories and some angels. Tank is cycled but I want to take it slow stocking.

And I got my boyfriend to get an account here! Dmricau87 is his screen name. I'm giving him a tank so I want him to soak up all the knowledge he can first! Probably it will be my 20 tall, I think thats the biggest one I have that he can fit.

Back
Top Bottom