What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Mebbid, It's just that I read salt is not good for certain ground dwellers......

I've heard the same thing as well, but having never used salt in my fresh water tanks I can't comment for certain. Cory cats are reported to not handle salt well.

Some plants I ordered arrived today, they're in a holding bowl until a different plant order arrives hopefully later this week.

Got some cholla wood and banana leaves for the shrimp so I'm soaking those.

Spent a lot of time staring at the 1.5g that will be moving to the spouse's office in the next week or two. Need to make final decisions about wood and plants.

Finally unpacked the new 1.5g yellow shrimp project tank.

And I ordered a rolling cart for all my fish supplies. I just got back into fish keeping a few months ago....no, this hobby isn't addictive :whistle:

Well.. I have a reef tank so I've personally used around 200lbs of salt... but still.

Don't get me started and salt water I don't allow my self to read the threads in the salt area or even look at the awesome pictures because it gives me bad ideas.

Isnt it great when your tank finally finishes cycling? I'm eagerly awaiting the end of the cycling process on my upcoming 3g reef tank
It really is!
I think keeping fish has really taught me patience, haha. Post pics when you're done 'scaping your nano!
That sounds really cool!

It really is!
I think keeping fish has really taught me patience, haha. Post pics when you're done 'scaping your nano!
That sounds really cool!

Already done! :)

I am gonna let it be with a single fish for a few months before installing my lights and adding corals.

av1osqz.jpg

Please Mebbid you are making me want to try this and I just sold off all my smaller tanks.......hmmm I know where I could fit a cube tank.:facepalm:

Treated myself to a post-surgery reward of some red rili shrimp from Aquabid for the shrimp tank I set up awhile ago.

Now to hide my debit card before the vicodin convinces me I need more stuff...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Already done! :)

I am gonna let it be with a single fish for a few months before installing my lights and adding corals.

av1osqz.jpg
Woah! Really nice! I'd love to get into saltwater tanks if everything wasn't so darn expensive haha. And a bit difficult for a beginner like me!
Lovely rock (?) pieces!

PWC on SW 15G.

Have a problem with my LED fixture on the 12G Edge - flashing lights and a bunch are out. Some how it got water in the cap :)eek: somehow...) last year, and seemed fine until yesterday. I will need to buy a new light head for it. Got a LED replacement (upgrade from halogen early model) for a warranty issue on my 6.6G over a year ago and still haven't replaced that. The instructions for "unscrew 2 screws and slide off" didn't seem to work, I didn't want to break it.

Forgot to turn on the light for the 72G, they had their moonlight on all day... meant to give them an easy wake up this morning but didn't get back to it. Had a family interruption causing a gap in time and had to run to work. The Koi male and silver stripe pair moved their eggs. The other pair seems to be doing a good job watching over theirs.

Last night I saw the female Rainbow was looking to be full of eggs, and the male was chasing her all over and following right next to her every move.

I have a house inspection coming up (which will see me get a breach notice & probably signal my eviction is imminent for having fish tanks) so i emptied out some buckets i had plant trimmings in, cleared out hundreds of baby ramshorn snails which i usually grow out and sell for store credit at my LFS. My goldfish love it when i feed them snail fry :). I am slowly pulling down one of my 20g tanks and selling the plants at the LFS too. I'm really surprised with how many Crypts i have grown from a few tissue culture packs in 5-6 months. The packs will well and truly pay for themselves.

I took delivery of some dry ferts and have been looking for information on mixing them properly to have ready made solutions i can add to tanks of varying light levels. I

Been talking on the phone to my dad about why his fish are dying off. I told him before christmas that he is overstocking his 20g (which i gave him from my collection of unused tanks). I regret giving it to him. He's had the tank running since november and only done water top ups up till now on top of doing a fish in cycle. On the plus side he at least has some plants in the tank. I explained to him some signs that the fish are living in poor water conditions like clamping of the fins, red spots on them and loss of color and he sounded guilty. I also redirected him to the aquadvisor site so he can work out that i am not making it up about the need for regular WC. I think he got the message this time. He said he would do a water change when he got off the phone, hopefully he actually does this time. I might have convinced him by telling him the tank water was great fertilizer for plants so he'll not be wasting the water. Gardening is another of his passions.

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank, added new plants hopefully he'll leave these one's alone! 1421967465972.jpg1421967497209.jpg

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Finally got around to giving the 55G a well-needed algae wipe! Did a nice big water change at the same time! B)

tumblr_nil762kacu1u79wrpo1_1280.jpg

Back
Top Bottom