What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427212924.605601.jpg
Did some work on the 40 JD tank last night. Added 40 pounds of black taihitan moon sand. Also found that really cool piece of driftwood. I washed it for like an hour and I can't press my finger in it so fingers crossed. Gotta boil it soon and its a floater. Also found the rocks in my yard as well. Looking for some more. Suggestions? Comments?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

View attachment 268263
Did some work on the 40 JD tank last night. Added 40 pounds of black taihitan moon sand. Also found that really cool piece of driftwood. I washed it for like an hour and I can't press my finger in it so fingers crossed. Gotta boil it soon and its a floater. Also found the rocks in my yard as well. Looking for some more. Suggestions? Comments?

No suggestions, that looks great! I'm still stuck on hardscape for the Spec 5, although I'm still waiting for the EC to arrive :whistle:

No suggestions, that looks great! I'm still stuck on hardscape for the Spec 5, although I'm still waiting for the EC to arrive :whistle:

Can't wait to see how it goes! Pictures! Pictures!

I wish I could do some hardly low light plants in here but from what I have read they will just get torn to bits.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I've done very, very little on my blog since Mr B died so I finally updated that Queen of a Full House | Spouse, Kids, Dogs, Fish. Finalized and order with Msjinkzd and found this website that's based out of Florida, specializes in native fish Sachs Systems Aquaculture: Serving the Food Chain Since 1988!. Had trouble placing an order online (want some H. formosa for one of the project tanks) so I gave them a call. Really nice guy to work with and their shipping prices aren't bad. Will probably be searching Spec 5 pics to hopefully get some inspiration for hardscaping that project...

Can't wait to see how it goes! Pictures! Pictures!

I wish I could do some hardly low light plants in here but from what I have read they will just get torn to bits.

Never had a JD, always thought they were gorgeous fish. I had an oscar and sev in a 75g years ago, actually managed to keep anacharis planted without them turning it into a buffet.

Never had a JD, always thought they were gorgeous fish. I had an oscar and sev in a 75g years ago, actually managed to keep anacharis planted without them turning it into a buffet.

I've wondered how anarchis would do. I've heard it can take a good beating and be okay. I might try it. If it gets ripped up oh well in the planted tank it will go.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

New tank, yay! Looking forward to more pics, I think those shrimp are fascinating!

Thanks! Looking forward to starting this one up, just going to move everything over with my filter. Hopefully I'll get most done tomorrow and then I'll need to order more plant's :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

I've done very, very little on my blog since Mr B died so I finally updated that Queen of a Full House | Spouse, Kids, Dogs, Fish. Finalized and order with Msjinkzd and found this website that's based out of Florida, specializes in native fish Sachs Systems Aquaculture: Serving the Food Chain Since 1988!. Had trouble placing an order online (want some H. formosa for one of the project tanks) so I gave them a call. Really nice guy to work with and their shipping prices aren't bad. Will probably be searching Spec 5 pics to hopefully get some inspiration for hardscaping that project...

Yeah I've been looking all over for other people's JD tanks. Google just gives a bunch of planted tanks and we both know that wouldn't work.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

View attachment 268263

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Looking good! Love the driftwood :)
Lesley

Yeah I've been looking all over for other people's JD tanks. Google just gives a bunch of planted tanks and we both know that wouldn't work.

Aren't there plants that fish are put off by the taste? Of course with cichlids that might not matter....

My new tank arrived today for my vampire shrimp, hubby put up the stand for me. Going to have to start rinsing the sand! And need to check everythingis ok View attachment 268259View attachment 268260

So exciting!! New tank :) Have fun, looking forward to pics too. X

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've wondered how anarchis would do. I've heard it can take a good beating and be okay. I might try it. If it gets ripped up oh well in the planted tank it will go.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

The plant and the fish are from the same continent, probably exist together in the wild.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom