What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would guess he's like 4-5 inches. So he is full grown. I don't even know how old he is- I had initially bought the tank off of craigslist with all the fish included (also 6 4inch clown loaches) so once we get a house (next year or the year after) we are planning on upgrading the big guys from this tank to a 200. Definitely a weird mix of things I wouldn't have put together and things eventually too big for the 55g they came in

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Took some time to set up possible stocking options for a giant tank 92G-155G on aqadvisor.

Fed some Rotifeast to the SW last last night and forgot to turn the filter back on. Doesn't seem to be any issues yet. ~ 10 hours off.

Household project issues may trump my SW tank build today and tomorrow, yet to see how long those things will take.

I cleaned and rearranged my 10 gallon neon tetra tank. I left algae on the back glass and the rocks because I think it looks more natural.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429662596.928958.jpg

I also quickly set up a 10 gallon quarantine for my Betta with the torn fin.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429662665.518246.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429662685.586554.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429662698.916210.jpg

I also moved my upside down catfish and black khuli loach into the 40 gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Added 2 orange poso snail's too my shrimp tank. Sadly my Chinese snail's died :( so I've decided to go with the tylos instead. Also received some more taiwan shrimp it'll make 26 off them (I really like these guy's ) I have 3 berried so fingers crossed.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Added 2 orange poso snail's too my shrimp tank. Sadly my Chinese snail's died :( so I've decided to go with the tylos instead. Also received some more taiwan shrimp it'll make 26 off them (I really like these guy's ) I have 3 berried so fingers crossed.

Can't wait to see them!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Can't wait to see them!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Here's a couple of pic's off them, can't get a good shot at the moment as they won't move off the cucumber ?1429712185224.jpg1429712204986.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429730019.359108.jpgadded Java miss and a small Java fern to top DW in 150 gal .Did 50% water change on all tanks. Also added a Fluval sky led 48" not my 1st choice but it did add to the tank

Jim B from Tennessee

Pullled a dozen or so pest snails from the Endlers tank, popped them in the live-foods jar. Noticed another batch of fry so taking them out will be a project for later. Moved all the blue pearl shrimp to free up that tank for a dwarf puffer. There were definitely far more than the original group I got not too long ago! Broke off some small-tank sized pieces of manzanita and I have those boiling, water is so dark it looks like coffee.

img_3209887_0_fb8d6e60247defc31edfbec3f1cc8a7a.jpg

After I have a soaked piece for the DP tank I can start deciding what plants to put in. Really getting excited about this project!

View attachment 270673added Java miss and a small Java fern to top DW in 150 gal .Did 50% water change on all tanks. Also added a Fluval sky led 48" not my 1st choice but it did add to the tank

Jim B from Tennessee

Beautiful ☺

Got some Java moss because my lfs finally had it.... Don't know how to plant it so if anybody can help that would be great!!

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
3g betta

Got some Java moss because my lfs finally had it.... Don't know how to plant it so if anybody can help that would be great!!

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
3g betta

You don't plant it. I split my "ball" of java moss into 70/30 balls and took the smaller piece' arranged it across a piece of slate and wrapped fishing line around it to keep it down until it attaches itself. The bigger piece has been left floating

Did a 50 % clean on my elephant tank, my back is killing me carrying all those buckets! Time for a cup of coffee ?

Did a 50 % clean on my elephant tank, my back is killing me carrying all those buckets! Time for a cup of coffee ?

Carrying buckets does suck! I got tired of making multiple trips up and down the stairs doing water changes. I now use a giant tub that holds around 25g, I'll fill it around half way and suffer carrying the weight twice vs carrying a 5g bucket 6-7 times

Carrying buckets does suck! I got tired of making multiple trips up and down the stairs doing water changes. I now use a giant tub that holds around 25g, I'll fill it around half way and suffer carrying the weight twice vs carrying a 5g bucket 6-7 times

Couldn't imagine having to go up and down the stairs with loads of buckets. I found a large 40 litre bucket so I usually fill that up then get a bucket and do it that way, it's quicker but still sore Lol keep thinking about a python but not sure about those ?

Back
Top Bottom