What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've worked out what I am ordering this fall from wetspottropicalfish.com:

Java Fern x4
Anubias Nangi x1
Giant Blue Wood Shrimp (Vampire Shrimp) x1
Red Root Floater x1
Duckweed x1
Pellia x1
Java Moss x2
Banana Plant x1
Red Indian Dwarf Lily x1
Water Sprite x1
Rummynose Rasbora x5
Peacock Betta x1
Green Spot Betta x1
Chili Rasbora x10
Pygmy Spotted Rasbora x10
Honey Gourami x1
Ember Tetra x10
Chitande Type Nkhomo Peacock Cichlid x1
Red Dragon Peacock x1
Sulfurhead Peacock x1
Usisya Type Tanzania Peacock Cichlid x1
Nkara/Mdoka Peacock Cichlid x1
Sumo Loach x5

I am going to set up multiple quarantine tanks for the fish that will not be added to a tank immediately.

Nice, their Pygmy spotted raspboras are awesome. I have 5!

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
3g betta

That's for the saltwater to you are turning to freshwater? How many gallons is it again?

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

No the cichlids are going in my 55g cichlid tank, the peacock betta and rummynose rasboras are going in a 10g, the green spotted betta, chili rasboras, pybmy spotted rasboras, honey gourami, and ember tetras are going in the 55g, and the loaches are going in the other 10g.

Pics please. Big schools of small fish always make the tank seem much bigger.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430621976.483306.jpg
Here are a few of them. They are so fast it's hard to get good pictures. Lately I've been a fan of multiple schools of 5. I also have endlers with them and they all school together.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
3g betta

No the cichlids are going in my 55g cichlid tank, the peacock betta and rummynose rasboras are going in a 10g, the green spotted betta, chili rasboras, pybmy spotted rasboras, honey gourami, and ember tetras are going in the 55g, and the loaches are going in the other 10g.

Nice! Good luck! :D

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

If those are all going into the same tank expect all or most of the small rasboras to be food for everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Still having problems with my shrimp tank Grrr haven't a clue what is going on.
Checking parameters again, nitrates are 10 which I think is fine but am having a discussion here one person is saying no ammonia and another says there is.
Here's a couple of pic's and hopefully you'll settle this! 1430655239524.jpg1430655260383.jpg

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Still having problems with my shrimp tank Grrr haven't a clue what is going on.
Checking parameters again, nitrates are 10 which I think is fine but am having a discussion here one person is saying no ammonia and another says there is.
Here's a couple of pic's and hopefully you'll settle this! View attachment 271538View attachment 271540

I would call that 0ppm. Hard to tell though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would call that 0ppm. Hard to tell though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's what I thought, but the hubby thinks different!
Cheers for that ?

If those are all going into the same tank expect all or most of the small rasboras to be food for everyone else

That's what I thought, but the hubby thinks different!
Cheers for that ?

Dying plant material can be a source of nitrates.

You sure you got every piece of your dead shrimp out? Hmm... Can the molting carcass cause ammonia if they don't eat it?

Caleb

Dying plant material can be a source of nitrates.

You sure you got every piece of your dead shrimp out? Hmm... Can the molting carcass cause ammonia if they don't eat it?

Caleb

No dying plant, and I removed all of the shrimp, no shell left in.
The tank has been running for 5 weeks now, do you think it's possible that the old filter wasn't large enough for the tank? There is a new filter in the tank as well checked for rotting plant's in there but none. Really confused ?

10ppm nitrates is fine unless inhabitants are very nitrate sensitive. To me, your ammonia test reads 0ppm. As far as the filter being too small, the bioload from your shrimp and snails is very small. Doubtful that you're not filtering enough.

10ppm nitrates is fine unless inhabitants are very nitrate sensitive. To me, your ammonia test reads 0ppm. As far as the filter being too small, the bioload from your shrimp and snails is very small. Doubtful that you're not filtering enough.

I've 2 filter's going and planning on leaving the old one running for another month. But yeah my bio load is small and I don't think anyone is overly sensitive to nitrates.
Thanks again. Lesley

The Betta still might eat the chilis and pygmys so just be careful when you add them and watch :)

Thinking how I am going to do my wc with a bruised tail bone.:what:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I am going to stand up silly! Yes I use buckets and have 1 tub and it is upstairs. Sucks to be me.

It might just be time to invest in a python.

I know, the truth hurts. Apparently I like doing things the hard way.lol. I just figured I'd purchase one if I got anything bigger then my 55g. I didn't factor in the fact that I would fall on my butt going down the stairs. Oops!

Back
Top Bottom