What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I changed water on two fry tanks, looked in my 29g planted and noticed a flower starting to shoot up out of a crypt, started building a stand for a 30 to replace the 29.

Took it all apart and sold practically everything. I'm weeping inside. :(

Sorry to hear that.:( when my wife tells me I should sell one of the tanks I usually end up setting up another one.

So today I gave away
my fave 5 gallon tank.
The fluval chi.
I gave it away to someone
because they had 2 goldfish
and a pleco in a
2 gallon with a
serious bacteria bloom.
One goldfish already died and
the other will most likely die
but at least i put it in clean treated water in abit of a bigger tank.

I moved my 2 female platys into my frog tank for now..

I moved the male platy into my 26 gallon

I also moved my 5 ottos into my 26 gallon tank

--So now I have ; a 2 gallon with one betta

A 5 gallon with 2 platys and 5 dwarf frogs

A 26 gallon with
2 hatchets
3 plecos
5 ottos
4 male platys
3 female silver mollies
1 male silver Molly
1 female guppy

I'm going to give away the 2 female platys tomorrow( to the same person I gave the 5 g) ( she will put them in her 2 gallon )
Then I'm going to
replace my 5 gallon

with a 20 g.
In it I'm going to put
my 5 dwarf frogs
2 hatchets ( maybe ill buy 4 more)
And four male platys

Then I will give away my plecos
So then in the 26 g
I'm going to have 4 silver mollies
5 ottos
1 guppy
( I have in there also about
10 silver Molly fry
so I might keep a few
and give away the rest)

I have also the 3 plecos
but I'm giving them away
before they get too big

What do you think!!!??

How many Molly fry can I keep if I give away the three plecos?

When one door closes another one opens.

Today was this great - for me... :flowers:

Double rainbows!!!

60074-albums13090-picture68869.jpg

I got double the wonderousness today! Got to spend the afternoon with 2 daughters and got tank stuff from 2 hobbyists who shut down tanks and got to see 2 rainbows at the same time. Got to drive home in at least 2 times the normal traffic because of construction and probably took 2 hours!

Traveled the long road for Tangerine Tiger shrimp and the CPD's I have been gushing about! and 6 of the cutest little Cories you ever saw and a couple of gorgeous Dwarf Gouramis (one going to DD's home tank) All hanging out in QT right now. No pics for them as they needed lights off to stay calm and get used to the new tank.

So instead there are a couple of pics, click the link to see the album of all the rest of the pics or go to the Tangerine Tiger thread that's going now to see all the new TT pics.

Album for the TT tank 12G FW
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/60074-albums13090.html

Pics will be on around the last post #12 -
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f129/tangerine-tiger-shrimp-335240-2.html

60074-albums13090-picture68865.jpg

60074-albums13090-picture68859.jpg

A ballerina Blue Velvet
60074-albums13090-picture68863.jpg

60074-albums13090-picture68864.jpg

Was truly blessed with goodies today! Beautiful plants and fish and shrimp!!! Tons of great rocks, equipment, foods, testing stuff, chemicals and just about everything a person could need. I paid money for both caches but was given so much more in all the extras. The kindness from these people was awesome and is appreciated.

This will be a fun awesome excuse to organize the fish shelves and get my supplies separated and then thinned out as to what is needed vs. too much extra. I see a raok or 2 coming ahead in the next couple weeks!!!

Fed the shrimp a pinch of fancy new to me shrimp food - crazy variety of awesome specialty foods for shrimp.

Then a bunch of Hikari, my favorite staple food for all the fish!! Many different kinds. Since I feed about 7 different foods to the fish and inverts every day this is fabulous. This will provide even more variety. You gotta love variety for a captive fish!

This is the second time in a month I have been blessed greatly.

This morning cleaned out the filter on the 35G SW added a few more handfuls of sand I forgot about in the bucket, to the tank, making it cloudy again but tonight it was clear. :) Added in a bunch of snails too.

Did 1/3 pwc on the QT to add fresh water and to make room for the water from the fishes tank they came from. Acclimated and put into tank.

Thinking of possibly adding my 12G SW Rimless Garden inhabitants to the 35G and then using the 12G Rimless Garden to be a planted nano fish and shrimp tank...just thinking about it.

Fed the 72G Spirulina flake.

- check out the Off Topic Aquaria for a new RAOK.

Last edited:
When one door closes another one opens.

Today was this great - for me... :flowers:

I'm glad I was able to rehome to such an enthusiast! Enjoy them and please post some pics of them in their new homes when you get the chance. I already miss them, and my son was pouting on the way home because they were gone. I look forward to setting up a new tank in the future... by then he will be a little older and hopefully interested enough in the hobby to help me with it.

Glad to meet a forum member in person for the first time as well! :fish2:

I'm glad I was able to rehome to such an enthusiast! Enjoy them and please post some pics of them in their new homes when you get the chance. I already miss them, and my son was pouting on the way home because they were gone. I look forward to setting up a new tank in the future... by then he will be a little older and hopefully interested enough in the hobby to help me with it.

Glad to meet a forum member in person for the first time as well! :fish2:

Thank you over and over again! Very beautiful family. Hope to meet you again a a couple years when you get back (maybe here in CO again). You will see some pics pretty soon; that tank is full of plants and kind of dark so hard to get good pics.

you know when you see a double rainbow your supposed to buy a lottery ticket
I won $75. last spring after seeing a double rainbow
I know next time it should be bigger :D
just got to love these rainbows so much character

you know when you see a double rainbow your supposed to buy a lottery ticket
I won $75. last spring after seeing a double rainbow
I know next time it should be bigger :D
just got to love these rainbows so much character

We almost always get the doubles here even saw a tripple once, but very beautiful everyone was snapping shots! - and I thought of you and the last pic I had posted :D

I got double rainbows of fish and shrimp lottery! It was a win win day! or rainbow rainbow day lol

Last edited:
get everything in for the client build. Heard I get to set it up this Friday/Saturday!

Here's the layout for now minus rocks and sand View attachment 271762

Caleb

I have the same tank and the top looked really empty. Think you've seen it before but the fake bamboo by marineland really filled it out. Here's a pic with my old set up before i put in live plants.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1431025854073.jpg
    1431025854073.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 81
I have the same tank and the top looked really empty. Think you've seen it before but the fake bamboo by marineland really filled it out. Here's a pic with my old set up before i put in live plants.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ooo very pretty!

Caleb

Big redo on both my main tanks. Here is where I'm stopping at for today. Wore out and my kids are running wild

Attachments

• 1431040788298.jpg
    1431040788298.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 1431040801710.jpg
    1431040801710.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 76
Me and my dad have been trying to find a leak in our fish pond with no luck yet.

Shove an air compressor under it and see if any bubbles come up. Not sure that it will work but worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom