What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got some plants that brookster sent and I have to say, it makes a night and day difference. I knew as soon as I planted it that the Blyxa was fantastic for my tank.

jB75bC2.jpg

The tank looks finntastic.

I don't know a whole lot about plants, what's the foreground, left corner?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's the Blyxa Japonica that I got today. I've never had it before and I'm kind of kicking myself for not trying it before now.

Ah. Its a good looking plant. I'm real fond of grass-like plants but it seems they're all demanding of co2 and intense lighting and I can't provide that

Ah. Its a good looking plant. I'm real fond of grass-like plants but it seems they're all demanding of co2 and intense lighting and I can't provide that

Yeah, it sucks because they are soo popular.

On that note, the Planted + 24/7 is coming out tomorrow. Upgrade time maybe? :D

The hobby has its ups and downs.

The down was switching tanks around to pass on the 16G to a friend, I cleared out the SW 12G low iron rimless garden and transfered its contents to the SW 35G and an ice cooler.

Then began emptying it out. Kept most of the top cleaner water. Took it to the bath room to dump the yucky bottom water and as I was getting it to the bath tub to empty over a third of the water left in it, it had a big slosh from walking, I tilted to help reduce the slosh and something happened in an instant !!! I caught it on my leg - but it bonked down on the toilet lid and crushed the bottom of the tank, out went all that water onto the bathroom floor, at least 4-5 gallons.

And in a flash, the beautiful tank was rendered useless. I was briefly in shock and used all towels I could find to corral the water.

What a mess!

Friend was still coming for the 16G and all the fish in it had to get moved asap.

Got that done and was scooping substrate when she arrived.

This major snag caused all the other things to change as the fish were going to be going into that tank.

I will check if a glazier can fix it I think the sides are all right, though not too sure as there was so much else to do. YIKES!!!

Got the tank changed, over rinsed the new to me substrate, made a last minute decision change on the fish and shrimp tanks.

Have taken a couple of hours to decide who goes where.

Not happy with my 12G Edge tank looking like a plant container and no fish swimming around. when I look inside I see just a few shrimp and that is a waste for such a pretty tank.

Shrimp don't care if they live in a column tank, there will be lots of room for hundreds of them in a 15G tank tall and narrow and I can all but for get about them and let them breed like crazy. Put the UP Shrimp soil in that tank and getting ready to do the change over from the 12G Edge Blue Velvets and Tangerine Tigers to the 15G column tank now.

Not too excited for the next few hours of moving everything around, BUT I needed to move the 12G tank anyway just hadn't planned on all this in one day.

#2 DG (Flame went home to live with DD)

We will see how it all goes... Thanks for listening to me whine. Oh got approximately 7 CPD's to add to the group. Well better get to it... (tired)

The hobby has its ups and downs.

The down was switching tanks around to pass on the 16G to a friend, I cleared out the SW 12G low iron rimless garden and transfered its contents to the SW 35G and an ice cooler.

Then began emptying it out. Kept most of the top cleaner water. Took it to the bath room to dump the yucky bottom water and as I was getting it to the bath tub to empty over a third of the water left in it, it had a big slosh from walking, I tilted to help reduce the slosh and something happened in an instant !!! I caught it on my leg - but it bonked down on the toilet lid and crushed the bottom of the tank, out went all that water onto the bathroom floor, at least 4-5 gallons.

And in a flash, the beautiful tank was rendered useless. I was briefly in shock and used all towels I could find to corral the water.

What a mess!

Friend was still coming for the 16G and all the fish in it had to get moved asap.

Got that done and was scooping substrate when she arrived.

This major snag caused all the other things to change as the fish were going to be going into that tank.

I will check if a glazier can fix it I think the sides are all right, though not too sure as there was so much else to do. YIKES!!!

Got the tank changed, over rinsed the new to me substrate, made a last minute decision change on the fish and shrimp tanks.

Have taken a couple of hours to decide who goes where.

Not happy with my 12G Edge tank looking like a plant container and no fish swimming around. when I look inside I see just a few shrimp and that is a waste for such a pretty tank.

Shrimp don't care if they live in a column tank, there will be lots of room for hundreds of them in a 15G tank tall and narrow and I can all but for get about them and let them breed like crazy. Put the UP Shrimp soil in that tank and getting ready to do the change over from the 12G Edge Blue Velvets and Tangerine Tigers to the 15G column tank now.

Not too excited for the next few hours of moving everything around, BUT I needed to move the 12G tank anyway just hadn't planned on all this in one day.

#2 DG (Flame went home to live with DD)

We will see how it all goes... Thanks for listening to me whine. Oh got approximately 7 CPD's to add to the group. Well better get to it... (tired)

Yikes :eek:

That's no good. It's really making me look forward to moving a 55g tank all by myself in a few minutes...

I wouldn't dare attempt to move a 55g alone. Not that they're particularly heavy but the awkwardness of it. Be afraid to drop or twist and bust

Today I disconnected my HOB Aqueon 75 from my 55 gallon tank. I have been running a Fluval 406 on there to get it seeded and I believe the day has come. I donating the HOB to my kids school tomorrow. Also, fertilized my plants and am getting my house ready for either a 55gallon or 75 gallon I am purchasing this weekend. I plan on going 1 discus tank and 1 CA/SA cichlid tank. Discus tank will be heavily planted (possibly high tech), the other will be a low tech rock/hearty plant tank. My golden Severum seems to destroy my plants.

I wouldn't dare attempt to move a 55g alone. Not that they're particularly heavy but the awkwardness of it. Be afraid to drop or twist and bust

Largest I've done is my 45g. And it had 40 pounds on tiny gravel in it. On its stand it sits shoulder level with me. I'm 6'2" :D it was not easy alone

Caleb

I've never tried to lift an empty 55, but when we brought ours home it was full of gravel, and about 4" of water. Took my brother in law and myself to move it. My 65g hex weighs close to 200# completely empty though, super thick glass

All I've moved is a full 5g and an empty 20g by myself; almost equally as heavy. I don't move my tanks anymore after my brother broke my very first 10g when we moved to our new house.

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta and Ember Tetras

Largest I've done is my 45g. And it had 40 pounds on tiny gravel in it. On its stand it sits shoulder level with me. I'm 6'2" :D it was not easy alone

Caleb

I've moved both a 55g, a 40b, and a 90g (drug on it's stand). The 40b was the worst because it's impossible to maneuver through a door by yourself. My arms are just long enough to make the 55g okay to move by myself.

Discovered my life as a plant keeper has failed miserably because the person I assigned to take care of my fish did not turn out my T5HOs for a week... And turned on all FOUR BULBS MINUS CO2 when I instructed only two and flip the switch for CO2. I'm quite angry :)

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Snagged a 46g bow front with canopy for FREE. My shark will be happy in his new home :D

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta and Ember Tetras

Back
Top Bottom